Well, everyone saw an increase in virtual meetings via video conferencing platforms during Covid-19. Microsoft teams are actually one such example of a video conferencing platform. That permits schools, universities, and also even businesses to conduct online classes as well as meetings. On Microsoft teams, there is also a status feature that lets other participants in the meeting know if you are active, away, or available too. By default, Microsoft teams will basically change your status to away when your device enters into sleep or idle mode. Just read this article to know all about Set Microsoft Teams Status As Always Available. Let’s begin!
Further, if Microsoft teams are running in the background, and you guys are using other programs or apps. Your status will then automatically change to away just after five minutes. You guys may want to set your status to always be available to show your colleagues or many other participants in the meeting. That you are attentive and also listening during the meeting. The question is how you can keep Microsoft Teams status as always available? Well, in the guide, we are going to list some methods that you guys can use to set your status as always available.
Set Microsoft Teams Status As Always Available
We are now listing down some tricks and hacks that you guys can use to keep your status on Microsoft teams always available or green:
Use Status Message
One easy way to make other participants know that you guys are available is via settings a status message such as available as well as contact me, I am available. But, this is just a workaround that you can use like it is not really going to keep your Microsoft team status green whenever your PC, or device enters into idle or sleep mode.
- First, open the Microsoft Teams app or use the web version. In our case, we are actually using the web version.
- Just Log into your Teams account by using your username and password as well.
- Now, tap on your Profile icon from the top-right corner of the screen.
- Just tap on ‘Set status message.’
- Now, type your status in the message box, and then tick the checkbox next to show when people message me in order to show your status message to folks messaging you on teams.
- At last, click on Done to save the changes.
Manually change your status to available | Microsoft Teams Status
The first thing that you have to ensure is if you have rightly set your status on Teams or not. There are six status presets that you guys can choose from to set your status. These status presets are as follows now:
- Do not disturb
- Be right back
- Appear away
- Appear offline
You need to make sure you set your status to available. Here is how you can keep Microsoft Teams’ status as available.
- Just open your Microsoft Teams app or use the web version. In our case, we are actually using the web version.
- Now log into your account via entering your username and password.
- Tap on your Profile icon.
- At last, click on your current status below your name and then select available from the list.
Use Paperclip hack
If you guys don’t want to use any third-party app or software. Then you can easily use the paperclip hack as well. It may also sound silly, however, this hack is worth a try. Here is how you can make Microsoft teams stay green:
- Take a Paper clip and then insert it carefully beside the shift key on your keyboard.
- Whenever you insert the paper clip, your shift key will also remain pressed down, and it will avoid Microsoft teams from assuming you are away.
Microsoft teams will now assume you are using your keyboard, and thereby will not really change your status from green to yellow.
Use third-party software or tools | Microsoft Teams Status
As Microsoft teams change your status to away when your PC enters into sleep mode, or you guys are using the platform in the background. In this situation, you can also use third-party software and tools that basically keep your cursor moving on your screen to avoid the PC from entering into sleep mode. Thus, to fix the “Microsoft teams keep saying I’m away but I’m not” issue. We are listing down the third-party tools that you can also use to keep your status as always available actually.
Another alternative option that you can use is the Move Mouse app, that is available on the Windows web store. It is also another mouse simulator app that basically keeps your PC from entering into sleep or idle mode. So if you are thinking about how to keep the Microsoft team’s status active, then you guys can use the move mouse app. Microsoft teams will think that you are using your PC, and it will not change your available status to away as well.
Mouse jiggler is a really great software that you can use to avoid your PC or laptop from entering into sleep or idle mode. So, Mouse jiggler fakes the cursor in order to jiggle on your windows screen and avoids your PC from going inactive. Whenever you use Mouse jiggler, Microsoft teams will basically assume you are still on your computer. And then your status will remain as available. Just follow these steps if you don’t know how you can make Microsoft teams stay green via using the mouse jiggler tool.
- The first step is basically to download mouse jiggler on your system.
- Just install the software and launch it.
- At last, click on enable jiggle to start using the tool.
That’s just it. You can go away without even having to worry about changing your status on Microsoft teams.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!
Also See: How to Delete Xbox Game Speech Window
Leave a Comment