Snapchat has had a really tough time in 2020, but the company seems determined in order to stay relevant and its new addition of features implies that it just might work as well. Among these new features is the ability in order to create a public profile. However, didn’t we already have that ability? Let’s now find out. Just read this article to know all about How to Make a Public Profile on Snapchat. Let’s begin!
Excited to make use of those features and then reach much more users on Snapchat, just follow this guide completely. Let’s now dive into this page & then check out the process of creating a Snapchat public profile as well.
- 1 What is a Snapchat Public Profile?
- 2 How to Make a Public Profile on Snapchat
What is a Snapchat Public Profile?
A Snapchat Public Profile actually means discovering via fans and then reaching out to all other snap chatters on the app via flaunting your creativity, talent, as well. In order to help with this, Public Profiles have access to a novel set of profile features that also made you showcase Lenses and Highlights as well. Separate Subscribers from your friends, and much more! These profiles were already available on the platform, yet, and they were restricted to celebrities and content creators as well.
Eligibility Criteria for a Snapchat ‘Public Profile’
For now, it seems that anyone can create the basic tier Public Profile in Snapchat. That is provided that you guys are a regular users along with an account that is at least a few months old. In order to get a Public Profile that is tier 2 and comes along with Analytics and insights for your content. Then you will need to have at least 5000 Subs and apply to Snapchat’s program via a Google form available on their website.
How to Make a Public Profile on Snapchat
It’s been more than a week since Snapchat rolled out basic Public profiles to almost everyone. But, this update is being released in batches across different regions and that might take a few days. In order to show up in your app relying on your region. Either way, you guys will have to first go public along with your current profile in order to create a tier 1 Public Profile for your account subsequently. Let’s now take a look at how you can create a ‘Public Profile’ when this feature is available to you.
- Just open Snapchat and click on your profile icon in the top left corner of your screen.
- Now click on the ‘Gear’ icon in the top right corner again as well.
- Now scroll down to the ‘Who can…’ section and then make the following changes in order to each set under it.
- Contact Me: Everyone
- Send Me Notifications: Everyone
- View My Story: Everyone
- See My Location: My Friends
- Use My Cameos Selfie: Everyone
- See Me in Quick Add: Turned On
- When you have made the changes, then close Snapchat and start it again as well.
And that all! You guys have just gone public along with your profile and anybody in your friend circle will see you in suggestions and will also have the ability in order to contact you.
Create a Public Profile
- First of all, open Snapchat and tap your profile icon in the top left.
- You guys should now have a new option called ‘Add to Snap Map’ under ‘Stories’ or the ‘Spotlight & Snap Map’ section relying on your device and version of the app. Click on the ‘3-dot’ icon beside this option.
- Now just click on ‘Create Public Profile’.
Note: If the ‘Create Public Profile’ option is not actually available to you, and then you can also try changing your location to the USA via a VPN. This trick seems to work only for few users. In case it does not work for you, then you will have to wait a few days for Snapchat to officially roll out Public Profiles in your region.
- Snapchat will now introduce you to all the new features offered via a Tier 1 Public Profile. Click on ‘Continue’ at the bottom of your screen in order to proceed to the next step.
- Now just tap on ‘Get Started’ at the bottom.
- Snapchat will now actually show you a disclaimer about creating a Public Profile for one last time. Tap on ‘Create’ in order to proceed to the next step.
- You guys will be taken back to the ‘Settings’ page and there should now be a new section called ‘Public Profiles’ along with a new ‘My Public Profile’ under it. Tap on it to start.
- Now click on ‘Edit Profile’ in order to edit all the details included in your public profile.
And that’s all! You guys now have a new Public Profile on Snapchat!
What are the perks of a ‘Public profile’?
There are different kinds of public profiles on Snapchats, that are mainly used to differentiate between different tiers of creators. Most of these profiles also have an approval process that needs you to submit applications, however, creating the basic public profile is absolutely free and a new addition for all Snapchat users. Let’s now take a look at its main features.
- Exposure on content added to Snap Map and Public Stories actually
- A subscribe button for your viewers too
- Highlights section as well
- Your name will now be visible on all Snaps posted publically
- Your Lenses will also be made public (This basically includes your creations as well as favorites)
Difference between ‘Going Public’ and a ‘Public Profile’
Going Public basically implies changing the privacy of your current profile in Snapchat. This has been a feature for a while and going public permits your connections and groups to see your stories and snaps publically. This also permits users that are not a part of your contact list in order to view your latest stories and snaps as long as they have your username as well.
While a really great way in order to connect with people, this basically leaves you at the mercy of Snapchat’s algorithm. That can suggest your profile virtually to anyone who might be associated with your Snapchat circle. Plus, going public will not help you to reach a newer audience. However, rather connect along with the friends of your friends and so on.
The ‘Public Profile’ on the other hand is among the new slew of features introduced via Snapchat. Apart from this Snapchat has the ‘Snap Star’ profile that also offers more perks whenever compared to a Profile.
A Public Profile is essentially a new take on your current account that basically permits you in order to post content differently. Your public profile will be a completely new section along with its own privacy settings, stories, and highlights as well. This platform can then be used via the users into order to promote their talent. Just make some interesting content, and much more.
The move basically comes after the mediocre reception of the Snapchat TV feature. That was exclusively rolled out to some verified profiles that met Snpachat’s criteria. However, a great way in order to share content on the platform was only available to a select few users as well. Snapchat seems to have realized the importance of giving such platforms to upcoming artists. And hence the new ‘Public Profile’ feature seems to be a take on the same as well.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!