Snapchat is one of the most famous social media apps in the market. It is widely used via teenagers and young adults to chat, share pictures, videos, put up stories, scroll via content, and much more. The unique feature of Snapchat is its short-term content accessibility actually. This means that the messages, pictures, and videos you are sending disappear in a short while as well as after opening them a couple of times. It is based on the concept of ‘lost’, memories, and content that disappear and can also never be got back again. The app promotes the idea of spontaneity and encourages you in order to instantly share any moment before it is gone forever. Just read this article to know all about How To Fix Snapchat Not Loading Snaps.
All the messages and photos share via your friends are as snaps. These snaps are automatically downloaded and should also appear in your feed. But, a common issue with Snapchat is that these snaps don’t even load on their own. Rather than the message “Tap to load” is actually display under the snap. This is kind of frustrating as; ideally, you guys would only be tapped to view the snap. In many cases, even after tapping, the snap does not load, and all you guys see is a black screen along with no content. The same thing happens with Snapchat stories; they do not really load.
- 1 How To Fix Snapchat Not Loading Snaps
How To Fix Snapchat Not Loading Snaps
The main culprit behind this error is basically poor internet connectivity. If your internet is slow, then Snapchat will not actually load the snaps automatically. Rather, it will ask you to manually download them via tapping on each snap individually.
Check if Snapchat is down
If Snapchat isn’t working for you, then the first thing to consider is that it isn’t working for anyone. There are basically two places to check if Snapchat is down. Down Detector is a site that tracks all kinds of services and if or not they are down. Go to Down Detector’s Snapchat page, and it will tell you if Snapchat is having issues or not. You can also check the Live Outage Map in order to see if the issue is restricted to specific regions.
The second option is basically the official Snapchat Twitter support account. It will always have the latest about any Snapchat outages and how long it might be until it’s back up and then running. So just follow it if you want to stay up to date.
Restart Your Phone | Loading Snaps
Before starting with any app-specific solution, it would be really better to try the good old “turning it off and on again” solution. For most of the problems related to Android or iOS, restarting your phone is more than enough to fix it as well. Thus, we would strongly recommend you to try it once and then see if it solves the problem of Snapchat not loading snaps. Tap and hold the power button until the power menu pops up on your screen and then click on the Restart/Reboot button. When your phone boots up again, try using Snapchat and then see if it starts working like usual. If the snaps are still not loading automatically, now proceed with the next solution.
Check your internet connection
If Snapchat or particular snaps aren’t loading, the problem may be your internet connection. A quick way to verify if this is the case would be to test any other app that basically uses the internet. Or open your browser and try to open Google.com. If nothing else works, then your internet connection is likely the issue as well.
If you’re using data, then try switching to Wi-Fi, and vice versa. You can also try to move closer to your router. Resetting the router may also solve the issue, also even if your internet works on other devices. For those of you using a VPN, you may have to disable it while you use Snapchat. Snapchat mostly stops working if it detects any third-party apps, also including VPNs.
Clear Snapchat app cache
Most apps download media and many other types of data onto your phone. If those files are corrupted, then it can cause Snapchat to stop working. Clearing out these files won’t really make you lose any data or snaps, so there’s nothing to worry about as well.
How to clear Snapchat cache:
- First open Snapchat.
- Click on your avatar icon to open your profile.
- Tap on the Settings cog icon in the top-right corner now.
- Choose Clear Cache.
- Tap on Continue.
Remove Data Saver Restrictions on Snapchat | Loading Snaps
Data saver is a really useful built-in feature of Android that permits you to conserve data. If you guys have a limited internet connection then, you guys would probably want to keep it on. This is because Data Saver eliminates any background data usage as well. This includes automatic app updates, auto-sync, and also even downloading messages and snaps.
Thus, unless you have a limited internet connection and have to conserve your data, we would advise you to turn it off. But, if you absolutely must use it then at least exempt Snapchat from its restrictions. Just follow the steps given below to see how.
- First, open the Settings on your phone.
- Now, tap on the Wireless and networks option.
- After that, click on the data usage option.
- Here, tap on Smart Data Saver.
- If possible, disable the Data Saver through toggling off the switch next to it.
- Otherwise, go to the Exemptions section and choose Snapchat, which will be listed under Installed apps.
- Make sure that the toggle switch next to it is ON actually.
- When data restrictions are removed, Snapchat will then start loading snaps automatically just like it used to.
Clear the Conversation
If the snaps or stories are not loading for a specific person and working fine for others. Then the best way to fix it is just deleting the conversation. One thing that you have to remember is that doing so will delete all the previous snaps that you guys have received from them. It will delete all conversations that you had along with that person. Unfortunately, this is the price that you guys have to pay to fix snaps not loading.
- Open the Snapchat app and then head to Settings.
- Now choose the Account Actions option.
- After that, click on the Clear Conversation button.
- Here, you will find a list of all the folks you have sent or received messages or snaps from.
- Just look for the person whose snaps are not loading and click on the cross button next to their name.
- Their conversation will be cleared, and any further snap that you guys receive from them will load like old times.
Update or Re-Install Snapchat
If none of the above methods works, then just try to update the app. But, if an update is not available, you have to uninstall the app and re-install it. A lot of times, an update comes along with bug fixes that eliminate problems like these. Hence, if nothing else works, just make sure to check if an update is available or not.
- The first that you have to do is open the Play Store on your device.
- Now click on the Search bar and enter Snapchat.
- Open the app and then see it shows the Update option. If yes, then head for it and update Snapchat.
- But, if there is no update option, then it means that your app is already updated to the latest version.
- The only alternative is just to uninstall the app via tapping on the Uninstall button.
- You guys can restart your phone once and then install Snapchat again from the Play Store.
- At last, try using the app again and see if it works properly or not.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!