In this guide, you will learn about Linux Distro For Kodi. Most people know about the Kodi media center that is a program. That program is widely available to install on almost any Linux distribution. Although, there are many Linux users just by looking to build a home theater PC. Then dislike this and having to set it up manually and prefer something ready to go.
In case, if you are one of those people that would also prefer a ready-to-go Kodi OS. So, you will also come to the right place! Then Here are the 6 best Kodi Linux distros to use!
1. The LibreElec Linux Distro For Kodi:
A LibreELEC is also a Linux distribution that is also specially set up just for the Kodi media center application. This is with nothing else in the way that you could also sacrifice performance.
Now, the main attraction to LibreELEC, and why it’s the most obvious choice for those looking to create an HTPC (home theater PC). So, this is that it will also support most of the different devices and not just things like Raspberry Pi.
- The LibreELEC also has an easy SD card creation tool that is used for Linux, Mac, and Windows for easy setup.
- Now, The OS supports also have a multitude of devices. It also includes in the Raspberry Pi 1, Pi 2, Pi 3, Pi Zero, WeTek devices, SolidRun Cubox, ODroid, FiveNinja’s Slice, and Generic AMD and Intel PCs.
- This will Automatically update this to the new releases. Also, users don’t need to fiddle with the operating system.
- A LibreELEC also has a beta program that is used for those that is looking for the absolute latest version of Kodi media center.
- Now, Pre-installed LibreELEC app with shortcuts also the standard features just like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc.
- So, the Initial setup process also walks some of the user steps by step into logging into the Wi-Fi, etc.
- The LibreELEC also has an excellent migration tool. Now, you have to help users migrate from OpenELEC to the latest release of LibreELEC on their devices. This is an easy enabling of Samba and SSH during the setup process.
However, Kodi is itself 100% legal, its third-party add-ons may not be. For example, users also have been known to receive legal notices that are used for breach of copyright law. In the end, this is by using these add-ons. Having A VPN can help shield you from liability by masking your activity online.
2. The OSMC Linux Distro For Kodi:
Now, The OSMC system will also look just nothing like Kodi. This will also uses a different user interface. Now, Even this you can still support for the same add-ons, codec support and more. The OSMC is also a very popular with all people who want to get Kodi working. This is also on the first generation Apple TV.
- So, Appliance-like, elegant and also easy to navigate this with a beautiful skin. After that you can also improve massively upon Kodi’s. That you can already top-notch default look.
- The OSMC is also one of the only ways so that you can also get a full Kodi OS working on the first generation Apple TV.
- Having a commercial devices available for those that like OSMC but would prefer to have something pre-configured.
- So, Along with this, it has being an installable OS that is for things like the Raspberry Pi family of devices and Apple TV. The OSMC is just like Kodi that will also offer a downloadable application. So, that users can also run on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- You can also Add this in many tweaks that is used to the Kodi OS. Just by adding up in things like “up next,”. Also, you can tell some of the users that what video will play next. The more delicate control over the menu system, and also having a subtitle downloading add-on, and more!
3. The Xbian:
The Xbian is also having a unique tool that, if you can set up this correctly. You can also create an easy to use Kodi media center PC. Now, This operating system supports Raspberry Pi 1/2/3 this is also a bootable Linux-powered Kodi OS. So, this will also works on traditional Linux, Mac, and Windows via a downloadable tool.
Also, the Xbian media center operating system is the Kodi. This is with a little something extra. You can mainly get this if it has a fully functional Debian base that few users are encouraged to mess with.
- You can also come this with an incredibly useful backup feature. So, this will also let som of the users that will also restore a previously configured Xbian installation. Also, right this in the setup wizard.
- The Xbian’s startup and the shutdown processes are also useful. This will also let the user know what it is doing. Now, rather than a blank screen or logo.
- An Xbian also uses Debian. In case, if the user wants, this is also possible to load in the other packages to the system using the package manager. There is something that not a lot of media center distributions let users do.
4. OpenElec Linux Distro For Kodi:
The OpenELEC is also the original LibreELEC. Now, though this it does not update as quickly. You can also support as many devices due to its slow development pace. Now, you have to be clear, OpenELEC and LibreELEC are that virtually identical, and then there is not much difference. So, Still, if LibreELEC does not work for you. Then you still need a slim OS that will also run a Kodi with an excellent features, this distro is a good choice.
- You can also Support for the Raspberry Pi family. The traditional Intel/AMD PCs and also a multitude of other devices.
- Then OpenELEC’s will automatic update feature that is also a handy. Most importantly this is for new users.
- An O.E. that also support for Samba file transfers and SSH. So, this will also make it easy for users to enable right away.
5. The RecalboxOS
The RecalboxOS is also not a home theater operating system. Now, this is a Linux distribution that will also center around emulating old video games on the Raspberry Pi (and other similar devices). This is Even though RecalboxOS that mainly focuses on video games. Also, you can manage this stuff in Kodi and also as a feature that users can use at any time.
- You can also play all of your classic video games that is as well as manage media.
- This is Even though the Kodi media center app that is not front and center with RecalboxOS. You can still fully functional with all the standard features. So, that everyone will also comes to expect.
- Now, Users don’t need to configure Kodi in RecalboxOS to use Wi-Fi. Just as you borrow the connection information that is from the emulation app.
- However, it’s version of Kodi media center that is not the absolute newest. The RecalBox OS also manages to get users a relatively recent version of it, complete with add-on support.
6. The GeeXboX:
The GeeXboX is also a Linux HTPC OS that will also use the Kodi media center. After that, it is also the primary media user interface. In addition to the Kodi, these users will also interact with the system’s package manager and then you can also install some of the other programs.
Now, The OS also have been around that is for a long time and also support many different devices. Just like Raspberry Pi, etc. This is as well as full support for traditional Linux PCs running either 32-bit and 64-bit.
- So, During the setup process, the GeeXboX. This will also let users configure everything from the remote control. Now, the sound card, network connectivity, and more, making way for a super user-friendly setup process.
- The Despite GeeXboX’s age, and also the community that is very active and also work very diligently. You have to ensure that users get the latest support for Kodi.
So, this is all about linux distro for kodi. That program is widely available to install on almost any Linux distribution. Although, there are many Linux users just by looking to build a home theater PC. Then dislike this and having to set it up manually and prefer something ready to go. In case, if you are one of those people that would also prefer a ready-to-go Kodi OS.
Hope this guide will help you! If You have any questions then let us know in the comments below.