As one of the most famous Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) games, League of Legends (LOL) also offers a good game experience to you actually. Although it is a solid game, a lot of issues may occur in some cases, Such as, League black screen, error code 004, an unknown Direct X error, as well. Just read this article to know all about How to Fix League of Legends won’t Open n Mac. Let’s begin!
Plus, sometimes this game doesn’t also work well in Windows 10 and a lot of users reported they had troubles when opening or launching League of Legends. Perhaps you are also bothered via this issue. In Task Manager, the client program runs in the background, however, you cannot bring it front. Many times an error will be shown saying “client won’t open” or nothing happens.
The reasons for this common problem may be various, also including the server issues of LOL, Internet connection issues, installation issues, firewalls, as well. No matter what the reason is for the problem, you have to fix it to play League of Legends and here we show some effective methods.
- 1 How to Fix League of Legends won’t Open n Mac
- 1.1 Common Causes of League of Legends won’t Open
- 1.2 Solutions for League of Legends won’t Open
- 1.3 Conclusion
How to Fix League of Legends won’t Open n Mac
League of Legends is actually one of those games that a lot of avid gamers have come to love. It is a multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) game, that has made quite a wave because of its release in 2009 for both Windows and Mac operating systems. League of Legends is played all over the globe, and it is one of the most played online games. It seems just like the perfect game that anybody will enjoy, however, like everything that has to do with tech, issues will pop up from time to time as well. Many users have recently reported that they experienced an issue along with the game. When they try to open the game, it does not open, and many times, it shows in the task manager for some time before it disappears again.
Some other issues come up in the game, that the developer, Riot Games, has released new patches in order to fix them. However, the problem of a league of legends refusing in order to launch can be persistent. If the issue persists, we have highlighted some solutions in this guide.
Common Causes of League of Legends won’t Open
Some parts of the game need special permission for them in order to function correctly. If you guys have not granted the important administrative permission for the game to run, the game may fail to open.
Many PC users open their games from a shortcut. If that is how you are starting League of Legends and you guys have a corrupt shortcut for the game. Then it will fail to open. If you guys have changed the directory of the game, then you have to change the old shortcut to a new one. Otherwise, the old shortcut will not open the game.
Each and every PC game, whether on Windows or Mac operating system, is made up of different files actually. All these files work together to make sure that the game runs smoothly. If an important file is corrupt or missing from your League of Legends game, then the game may not launch.
Old Graphics Card Drivers
If you guys have outdated graphics card drivers, the game may not work properly. To make sure that you never experience the problem of League of Legends not opening, just keep your graphic card drivers updated at all times.
Other applications running in the background
Many applications, whenever running, usually interfere along with the smooth running of other applications on a computer. They use up so a lot of resources and other apps will find it difficult to run smoothly. Many times other applications may be also responsible for League of Legends games not launching. Razor Synapse and Steam are two of the most reported applications that interfere along with the launching of League of Legends.
Solutions for League of Legends won’t Open
Now that we have checked out the common causes of this problem let’s now take a look at the solutions whenever this problem arises.
Open the game directly
If you guys are trying to launch League of Legends via a shortcut and it is refusing to open. Just check out if the shortcut is still in the directory of the game or if it is corrupted as well. If it is, the game will fail to open, and the only solution will be to open the game via its executable file directly. The executable file is most of the time in the installation folder for the game.
Give the game administrative privileges
The game will not work if some special permissions are not enabled actually. If you have not granted these privileges, then the game might fail to launch, and you can fix it yourself. Just follow the steps below:
- Just open the installation folder.
- Find “lol.launcher.exe” and right-click and then tap on “Properties.”
- Click on “Compatibility,” and right next to it, and tick the box next to “Run as Administrator”.
- Now tap on “Apply”.
- Click on “Ok” and relaunch the game as well. Also, see if the problem remains.
Close the Applications running in the background
Sometimes, many other applications may be responsible for League of Legends won’t Open. Razor Synapse and Steam are really guilty applications that have also been reported to interfere along with the game. Hence, the steps below will point out how you can close all applications so that you can open League of Legends again.
- Just hover to the taskbar on your Windows PC and right-click.
- Tap on “Task Manager,” and a small window will show the applications you have running in the background.
- You can also tap on “End Task” in order to close the applications momentarily. However, to permanently close the applications, tap on “More details” with a drop-down. A complete list of all applications will be displayed also.
- Tap on “Startup” and click on the application you would like to close. Then, just tap on “Disable”.
- Do this for each and every other application and then restart your PC.
- When your PC is back on, and run the “lol.launcher.exe”.
Many times, the problem of League of Legends not launching might be due to some “.dil” files in the game directory that are corrupt. These files are mostly small files that you can replace and force-update the client that way. Just apply this solution with these steps:
- Just head to the installation folder and then the “RADS” folder.
- Whenever you open the “RADS“ folder, click on “Project” and select “lol_launcher,” then delete it. Also, select the “lol_patcher” folder and then delete it too.
- Return to the game installation folder and delete each and every file with the tag “aps_ms_win…dll”. Make sure you leave all other ”.dll” files.
- In the game directory, just double-click on “lol_launcher”.
- Now wait for some minutes, and an update to the client will start downloading immediately.
- Permit the download to finish and see if the issue is still there.
Replace the Projects Folder
All the files that the game needs to open and run are saved in the Projects folder. If one or all of these files are corrupt, your game might not open. Follow these steps in order to replace the folder:
- Just open the RADS folder in the game installation folder.
- In the RADS folder, right-tap on “Projects” and click on“Cut”.
- Paste anywhere on the desktop screen actually.
- After pasting the files, just launch League of Legends via the executable file.
- All the missing files will be downloaded automatically as well.
- Permit the download process to continue and just return the “Projects” folder to the “RADS” folder.
- You guys will get a notification asking if you want to overwrite, choose “Overwrite.”
- Whenever the folder has been moved successfully, open the game executable as you did in STEP 4.
- With this time, the download should be almost complete. When complete, the game will open successfully.
If the issues along with the game are not resolved after the last step, check out the next solution.
Change CONFIG File
Many times the CONFIG file might need some editing for League of Legends to open. Whenever you edit the file and add some instructions to it, then the game will get the right instructions to open as expected. To edit the CONFIG file, below are the steps as well:
- Just open the default game directory and then the “RADS” folder.
- Tap on “System” and right-tap on “user.cfg” click on “Open with” and choose “Notepad”.
- Then change leagueClientOptIn = yes to leagueClientOptIn = no.
- Save the changes and open League of Legends.
If the problem persists, head back to the main folder and then locate the “LEagueClient.exe.” file. Now delete it. Then try and open the game via right-clicking on “lol.launcher.exe.” Now run as administrator and then see if the game will run.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!