Snapchat is also known for being a really transparent app. It basically offers a lot of features that other apps don’t, like notifying you if someone took a screenshot in your chat as well as replayed a snap. But, also unlike other apps, Snapchat doesn’t really have a clear indicator that someone is online (mostly a green bubble next to a user’s profile). Just read this article to know all about How to See When Someone Was Last Active on Snapchat. Let’s start!
How to See When Someone Was Last Active on Snapchat
Luckily, there are a couple of ways you can tell whether someone is active on the app. This article will also discuss all the different methods in order to check if a user is active on Snapchat.
You’ll be able to detect whenever someone opens your chat if you’ve been chatting with them actually. But, you’ll need to be watching the chat the moment they appear to do this. Here’s how you can do that:
- In order to get to the conversation screen on Snapchat, open the app and then swipe left.
- Open the person’s conversation via scrolling to it and tapping on the “Open Chat” button.
- There will be a small Bitmoji avatar of the person in the lower-left corner of your chat window if they actually are online and have your conversation opened. The person’s avatar will basically vanish from your chat window after they leave the chat.
Snap Maps also tell you where your friends are when you guys are using the app. But, relying on your friends’ privacy configurations, you guys may not always be able to view your friends’ locations on the map.
You should also be able to determine when the individual last used Snapchat and where they were while they were online if they aren’t using Ghost Mode, which masks their location at all times. Users can also avoid the app from accessing their location altogether as well.
As long as Snap Maps is open, then your location will be updated regularly until you guys put it in Ghost Mode or turn off location services. This feature can be used to determine where someone is and whenever they are online.
Here’s how you can do it:
- You can find your friend on Snap Maps.
- From the map, and then choose their Bitmoji.
- Now under their name, you’ll also see a gray status bar.
- There are a few different messages you guys can see: “Seen Now,” “Seen XXm ago,” as well as “Last seen,”. Relying on how long ago they signed off. “Seen Now” basically indicates that they are presently online in a particular location.
Snap Score | Last Active on Snapchat
The number of snaps a user actually has sent determines their Snap score. This covers both public as well as private snaps. Whenever someone’s Snapchat score goes up, it then signifies that they’ve just sent a snap.
Snap scores basically update every few minutes, so you guys can check back after a little while for any changes. Here’s how you can do that:
- Just head to the “Friends” tab in Snapchat.
- Then tap and hold the name of a contact that you want to find out about. The popup box will now show on the screen if you guys hold down the name.
- You’ll also see a number at the bottom of the popup box now. This is actually their Snapchat score. You can make a note of it as well as keep it in your mind.
- In order to see if the score has risen or not, you guys should check again in 10 to 15 minutes.
- If the score rises, it then indicates that the person is online.
Send a Snap
Sending a snap to contact in order to check if they are online is one way to go about this. You guys may infer the time they were last online based on it. This is how it actually works:
- You have to open the Snapchat app on your mobile device.
- Now navigate to Snapchat’s “Friends” screen via swiping to the right.
- All of your recent contacts will then be included in the “Friends” section.
- Find the user you guys want to check.
- You can aso open the chatbox via swiping from left to right over your friend’s name.
- Send a message through entering it and then clicking on the “Send” button.
- Now remain in the chat window for a while.
- Observe the lower-left corner of the screen if you guys see that your friend’s Bitmoji is there. Then that implies the recipient of your message is currently reading it as well.
Also See: How to Hide Best Friends on Snapchat
Opened Snaps | Last Active on Snapchat
Snapchat also tells you how long ago the individual read your snap as well as message if you sent it. An online status may also be determined by looking at this parameter. The timestamp will actually be reliable for 24h. After a day, it will just show the date and time of when the photo was last seen as well. Please keep in mind that the recipient must have seen the photo or message for this in order to work.
The steps are:
- You have to open the Snapchat app.
- Swipe right in order to see the conversations screen.
- Find their chat then.
- You’ll notice an empty square as well as an arrow under the recipient’s name if they’ve seen your message or snap. “Opened” and the date it was viewed will then appear next to this.
- This individual may also be online if their timestamp is within the last few seconds as well as minutes.
Check Their Posts
This is a rather self-explanatory method, and you guys may have already been employing this strategy. New Snapchat users, but, may not be aware of this actually. You guys may use this technique in order to see if a user has made any new posts via checking their feed.
You can also see when they posted their snap via this feature. Based on this information, you guys may make an informed guess as to when they were last online on Snapchat.
Alright, folks, I hope you like this article and understand now. If you have any issues and queries related to it, just comment down and let us know.