TWRP Recovery on Huawei P9: This time the Huawei has released its new flagship device named Huawei P9 with some noteworthy changes in the camera aspects. Huawei P9 camera comes with a dual-camera setup with Leica gives better than usual performance.
In our guide, we’ll install the latest official TWRP recovery on Huawei P9. Finally, Team Win has officially launched TWRP custom recovery for Huawei P9 smartphone. Now you are free to root Huawei P9, flash custom ROM on Huawei P9, take Nandroid backup, overclock CPU and much more. Moreover, you can also increase memory or increase the performance of your Android phone.
- 1 Amazing Specs:
- 2 Steps to install TWRP Recovery on Huawei P9:
- 3 Steps to Boot Huawei P9 into TWRP recovery mode:
- 4 Conclusion:
Now take a look at Huawei P9 specs:
- It features 5.2 inches of display with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels.
- Also, it sports HiSilicon Kirin 955 processor with Android 7.0 Nougat EMUI 4.1 operating system.
- It also sports 12 + 12 MP of dual camera setup on the rear
- Reasonable mobile having all the amazing features.
Do you want to Root Android phone? Do you want to install custom ROM on Huawei P9? If yes, then install TWRP recovery first. Here is our guide to install TWRP recovery on Huawei P9 smartphone.
This TWRP flashing process is quite difficult and risky. Make sure you implement it correctly. In case of any damage, we’ll not be held responsible.
- To avoid interference, charge your phone to at least 50% to 60%.
- Enable USB debugging mode from your mobile settings.
- Also, install Huawei USB drivers on PC to check your mobile when connected through USB cable.
- You may also unlock the bootloader of your phone before moving ahead.
- For your ease, take a backup of your contacts, apps, accounts, messages, call logs, etc.
Steps to install TWRP Recovery on Huawei P9:
Firstly, download ADB drivers.
Install these ADB drivers on your PC.
Also, copy this TWRP.img file to the location C:\Program Files\Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder.
Now connect your phone to PC using a USB cable.
On PC, simply navigate to C:\Program Files\Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder, hold the Shift button and right mouse click on a space. You’ll see a list of choices from which choose Open command window here option. This will launch the command prompt window as follows.
Now type the following command in the cmd window and press enter key:
When you press enter, a message appears saying ‘List of devices attached’ will appear. This will confirm a successful connection between your phone and PC.
Note: If there is any connection issue, simply re-install Huawei USB drivers.
Also, enter the below command to boot Huawei P9 into fastboot mode:
adb reboot bootloader
This will restart Huawei P9 into fastboot mode.
To confirm whether fastboot is functional or not, enter the below command:
Some random numbers with the ‘List of devices attached’ message will confirm that fastboot is functional.
Let’s begin the TWRP recovery flashing process. Simply enter the following command:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
As soon as you press enter, the TWRP recovery will be flashed on your Huawei P9.
Steps to Boot Huawei P9 into TWRP recovery mode:
At first, power off your phone completely until it vibrates.
Now press and hold the Volume up button + Power button at the same time until the recovery mode appears. Then leave both the buttons now.
Finally! This is how you can boot Huawei P9 into TWRP recovery mode.
Note: If you are facing any booting issues, then try TWRP manager app from Google Play Store.
I hope our guide helps you to download and install TWRP recovery on Huawei P9. For any queries or suggestions use the comment box below.
Till then! Peace Out ✌