Open Beta 8 for OnePlus 7: OnePlus’ Open Beta program is the amazing thing about the manufacturer’s software experience. If you want to check the new features and future updates from the stock Oxygen OS firmware then the open beta channel is the way to go. OnePlus a new stable Oxygen OS build for their phone at the end of the month or early next month.
The previous Open Betas, however, brought improvements to the battery and RAM management. The previous version added an “optimized charging” feature to improve battery performance based on usage. This choice is available under – Settings > Battery > Optimized charging. Optimized RAM management also comes to the OnePlus 7 series.
What’s new with OnePlus 7 (Pro) Open Beta 8?
Here is the changelog for the latest beta update. You can also get a new One-handed mode on the OP7 series after the Open Beta 8 under settings. Simply drag down from either side edge when you’re in an app.
- Optimized accidental touch when the phone in the pocket
- On the uninstalling page fixed the display issue
- Updated Android security patch to December 2019
- Fixed general bugs and improved system stability
- While opening the app fixed the crash issue
- Fixed the black screen issue
Previous update log for OnePlus 7 (Pro) – OpeN bETA 7
- Added an optimized charging feature to improve battery performance based on usage.
- Optimized RAM management.
- Fixed the issue with auto-record toast messages in the contact app and the wrong time format in the status bar.
- Improved system stability and general bug fixes.
- Added the Chromatic effect to adapt color range and saturation intelligently for a better reading experience.
Download latest Open Beta 8 for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro
Full OTA update download and full stock firmware links are listed below for the official Oxygen OS based Open Beta 8 for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro. If your device is already on the previous Open Beta build, then go to settings > system update > check for OTA updates.
Alternatively, if your device is on the stable Oxygen OS 10, then you can still manually install Open Beta 8 onto OnePlus 7 (Pro) via the local upgrade method.
- Download Open Beta 8 for OnePlus 7 Pro (direct link global)
- Download Open Beta 8 for OnePlus 7 (direct link global)
How to update OnePlus 7 (Pro) to the latest Open Beta update?
You can also update OnePlus 7 series devices to the latest Open Beta firmware. Just download the full stock firmware update zip from above and install it via the local upgrade method. This is the best way to update any OnePlus device. You can also switch between Open Beta firmware or Stable channel easily using this method.
For further queries and questions let us know in the comment section below!
Till then! Keep Smiling 🙂