Android 10 is now official as tenth version Android OS with system UI changes and lots of new features. Google rolled out Android Q update with Google Pixel phones for making Android 10 official. The interesting thing is Android version is not named with any dessert item name. In this guide, we’ll download and install Android 10 Q based LineageOS 17 ROM on OnePlus 3.
Do you want the best custom ROM for OnePlus 3 with plenty of customization? Then LineageOS 17 is here for you. This custom firmware comes with all new Android 10 features like:
- new system UI
- security features
- multi-camera API
- gesture navigation control
- enhanced privacy app permissions
- smart replies in the notification panel
- new display support
- system-wide dark mode
- built-in call screening etc.
If you want to install Android 10 ROM, first, you need to unlock bootloader, root as well as flash a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM. If you haven’t done it yet, don’t worry as we have mentioned detailed articles on how to unlock bootloader on OnePlus3, root and install TWRP recovery.
Although this is stable Lineage OS ROM, if you come across any issues or bugs, then don’t worry. All the bugs will be removed in the next upcoming updates.
- 1 Steps to Install LineageOS 17 ROM on OnePlus 3:
- 18.104.22.168 1: First download LineageOS 17 ROM.
- 22.214.171.124 Note: If you are not able to boot into recovery, use the TWRP Manager app from Google Play Store.
- 126.96.36.199 Note: This step will remove all your phone data and settings. Hence ensure to backup everything before doing this step.
- 188.8.131.52 Note: Do not check the Internal Storage or any other partition.
- 184.108.40.206 Note: The first boot will take more time to start than usual. But don’t worry, after a couple of boots, it’ll be normal.
- 2 CONCLUSION:
Proceed at your own risk. Neither we and nor the developers will be held liable for any damage. It is strongly recommended to implement the s carefully without performing anything on your own.
Flash this Android Q ROM only on OnePlus 3. Installing this custom firmware on any other device or variant might cause damage.
- Charge your mobile to at least 50% to avoid any interruption.
- Backup your messages, app contacts, call logs, notes, etc. This is essential as this flashing process will wipe out your complete phone data and settings.
- Enable USB debugging mode from your mobile settings. Refer our guide:
- Also, enable OEM unlocking and Advance reboot mode from Developer options.
- On your PC, install mobile USB drivers to detect your OnePlus 3 when connected via USB cable.
Download OnePlus 3 USB drivers.
- Make sure you’ve unlocked the bootloader of your device. Refer our guide:
- It is mandatory to Root OnePlus 3 before moving ahead. Also, install a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP.
- Disable all the security-related tools as well as antivirus that is installed on your PC.
After implementing everything, come let’s install LineageOS 17 ROM on OnePlus 3.
Steps to Install LineageOS 17 ROM on OnePlus 3:
1: First download LineageOS 17 ROM.
2: Then download GApps.
Note: Do not extract these zip files.
3: Copy both the downloaded zip on your phone.
4: Restart OnePlus 3 into TWRP recovery.
5: Then press and hold the Volume down + Power button simultaneously until TWRP recovery appears. Leave both the keys now.
Note: If you are not able to boot into recovery, use the TWRP Manager app from Google Play Store.
6: After taking the backup, click on the Wipe option from the TWRP recovery main menu.
7: Simply swipe the right to begin the factory reset process on the next page.
Note: This step will remove all your phone data and settings. Hence ensure to backup everything before doing this step.
8: Now go back and click again on the Wipe option.
9: On the next page, click on the Advanced Wipe option.
10: Simply select System, Data, Dalvik / ART and cache partitions.
Note: Do not check the Internal Storage or any other partition.
11: Swipe right to start the wiping process.
Now start the OnePlus 3 LineageOS 17 ROM flashing process.
12: To do so, click on the Install option from the TWRP main menu.
All the files and folders present on your device will appear.
13: Search and select the Lineage OS 17 ROM which you’ve copied earlier. On the next page, swipe the right to initiate Android Q ROM flashing process.
Calm down and wait until the installation completes. It will hardly take few minutes to finish.
14: Similarly flash the Google Apps (GApps) zip package file.
15: Finally, everything finishes here. Just select the Reboot » System option to restart your phone.
Note: The first boot will take more time to start than usual. But don’t worry, after a couple of boots, it’ll be normal.
Finally! This is how you can install Android Q based LineageOS 17 custom ROM on OnePlus 3. Enjoy and experience all-new Android 10 Q features with this ROM. As always if you face any difficulty, then kindly comment below.
Till then Spread Love and Keep Smiling.
Also Read: Five Reasons to Buy Samsung Galaxy M30