Instagram is actually the go-to place whenever you guys want to take a break and refresh yourself. Instagram tops the list of most used social media platforms around the globe. Each and every other person has an Instagram account. Many times, Instagram can be addictive, and to save your precious time from compulsive scrolling via your feed. Then you may log out of your Instagram account to avoid getting distracted. But, when you try to log back into your account, then you might encounter login issues. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Fix Instagram Won’t Let me Log in – Tutorial. Let’s begin!
According to many Instagram users, just Login issues are one of the common problems that users can experience from time to time actually. If you guys are unable to log in to your account even after using the correct username and password, then there could be another problem along with the login error. Hence, to fix Instagram won’t let me login issue, we also have a guide explaining why you face Instagram login issue and how you guys can fix it.
- 1 How to Fix Instagram Won’t Let me Log in – Tutorial
- 1.1 Check your Internet connection
- 1.2 Restart your phone
- 1.3 Update Instagram app | instagram won’t let me log in
- 1.4 Reset your login password
- 1.5 Clear cache for Instagram | instagram won’t let me log in
- 1.6 Set the correct date and time on your device
- 1.7 Contact Instagram help center | instagram won’t let me log in
- 1.8 Reinstall Instagram
- 1.9 Conclusion
How to Fix Instagram Won’t Let me Log in – Tutorial
There may be a lot of reasons why you are not able to login into your Instagram account. But, a few of the possible reasons could be as follows:
- Incorrect username and password
- Blocked or the disabled account
- Using an old version of the Instagram app
- Instagram server error
So, these are a few of the reasons why you guys can face login issues on Instagram. Now let’s see how you can fix Instagram won’t let me log in issue.
Check your Internet connection
If you guys are unable to login into your Instagram account, then there are chances are that you have an unstable internet connection. If the Instagram app does not really have access to a stable internet connection, then you will not be able to log in or use the app when the app cannot communicate along with the servers properly. So, just make sure you have a stable internet connection before you guys try to login into your account.
You can also restart your router and run a speed check in order to fix Instagram won’t let me log in issue. Follow these steps for this method:
- Now just unplug your router and wait for about 10-15 seconds for the router to rest.
- After 15 seconds, just plug back the power cable of your router.
- Wait for the router to start.
- At last, connect your phone to your internet connection and now try logging into your Instagram account.
If this method was not able to fix the login issue, then you can try out the next method.
Restart your phone
Sometimes, a simple restart can help you fix Instagram in order to function properly. If you are using your device for too long, then you may have many processes running in the background. Whenever you have many processes running in the background, then there might be not enough system resources in order to start or run the Instagram app. But, restarting your device will close all background processes and then free up the system resources. Hence, to fix Instagram not letting me log in issue. Then you can try to restart your device. After restarting your device, just try to relaunch Instagram and then log into your account.
Update Instagram app | instagram won’t let me log in
If you are using the old version of the Instagram app, then you might encounter login issues as the app won’t be able to properly communicate along with its servers. Thus, to fix unable to log in on Instagram, download the recently available update for the app as well.
- Go to the Google Play Store on your Android device, and tap on the Profile icon from the top-right corner of the screen.
- Tap on My apps and games.
- Choose the Updates tab from the top.
- At last, check if Instagram has any available updates.
If there are updates available for Instagram, then download them and try to login into your account.
Reset your login password
If you are unable to login into your Instagram account, then there are chances that you are entering the wrong account password. Or you may not remember your password at the time of login as well. In this situation, to fix Instagram won’t let me login issue, then you can also reset your login credentials for your Instagram account.
- Open the Instagram app on your device, and then enter your username in the username field.
- Now, tap on Get help logging in.
- In the text field, type the email ID or the phone number that is linked along with your Instagram account.
- After entering the email ID or Phone number, click on Next.
- If you guys enter your Email ID to recover your account, just tap on Send an email.
- Now open your email ID on your device, and find the 6-digit code sent to you via Instagram to recover your password.
- Just copy the 6-digit code and head back to Instagram.
- Just paste the 6-digit code in the text box as well.
- Tap on Next.
- Instagram will automatically login into your account as well.
- At last, you can change your password via going into your Security settings.
Clear cache for Instagram | instagram won’t let me log in
Sometimes, the application’s files can also get corrupted and may cause the app to malfunction. If you are facing login issues on Instagram, then chances are the system files are faulty, and clearing the app’s cache can fix Instagram won’t let me log in.
- First, open Settings on your device.
- Scroll down and head to the Apps section.
- Tap on Manage apps.
- Locate and then open Instagram from the list of apps on your screen.
- Now, tap on Clear data at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose Clear cache for the pop-up menu.
- At last click on OK in order to confirm.
- After you clear the app’s cache, try to relaunch Instagram and login into your account.
Set the correct date and time on your device
If you are not able to login into your Instagram account, then it is probably because Instagram is not able to communicate along with its servers due to the wrong date and time on your device. If you guys have the wrong date and time set on your device, Instagram might reject your access to its servers. Hence, to fix Instagram won’t let me login issue, just make sure you have set the correct date and time on your device.
- Go to the Settings of your device, and go to Additional settings. But, this option will vary from phone to phone. You guys might have to navigate to the general management settings.
- Now, under Additional Settings, then tap on Date and time.
- At last, turn on the toggle for the Automatic date and time to make sure your device automatically sets the right date and time.
- After resetting your date and time, just relaunch Instagram and try to login into your account.
Contact Instagram help center | instagram won’t let me log in
If none of the methods can fix Instagram not letting me log in issue, then the last method that you can resort to is contacting the Instagram help center in order to raise a query. Instagram help center also has helpful guides to help you out if you encounter any issues along with the app. Hence, if you are not able to login into your account, you can also follow these steps in order to contact the Instagram help center:
- Go to the Instagram help center on your web browser.
- Tap on the Login Troubleshooting link on the website.
- At last, you can check out and read the guides mentioned on the website related to all your login issues.
Mostly, reinstalling Instagram on your device can help you fix unable to log in Instagram issue. You don’t have to worry about losing data whenever uninstalling the app from your device.
- Go to the Google Play Store on your device.
- Tap on your profile icon from the top right corner of the screen and then tap on My apps and games.
- Click on the installed tab from the top.
- Now locate and open the Instagram app from the list.
- Click on Uninstall as well.
- At last, after uninstalling the app, you can reinstall it on your device.
- When the app reinstalls on your device, try to log into your account.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!
Also See: How to Fix There Are Currently No Power Options Available
Leave a Comment