There are more than 500 million accounts that use Instagram stories each and every day. Apart from adding text and filters, stickers will add a huge impact and reach to your stories. In this post, we are going to look at the reasons for Instagram music not working as well. Instagram music sticker missing songs, and what happened to music on Instagram, and much more. Just read this article to know all about How can Fix How to Fix Instagram Music Not Working Issue. Let’s begin!
- 1 How to Fix Instagram Music Not Working
- 1.1 Update the Instagram App
- 1.2 Switch to Instagram Personal Account or Creator Account
- 1.3 Try Re-Logging in the Application | Instagram Music Not Working
- 1.4 Reinstall Instagram
- 1.5 The ‘Song is Currently Unavailable’ error | Instagram Music Not Working
- 1.6 Use a VPN Application
- 1.7 Contact Instagram
- 1.8 Conclusion
How to Fix Instagram Music Not Working
First, let us now see how you guys can add music to your Instagram Story –
- First of all, you have to open Instagram and click on your profile picture available on the top-left of your screen.
- Now just add the media (Photo/Video) that you guys want to add to your Instagram story.
- Click on the stickers option available on top of the screen.
- Now tap on the Music sticker and then select a song of your choice.
- When you do that, post the story along with a great music effect and enjoy!
However, oh! You can’t add music to your Instagram story. Let us now fix ‘No Sound’ or ‘Music Not Playing’ on Instagram as well
Update the Instagram App
If you guys can’t find the add music feature or if you guys are facing problems like ‘Music not available’ on your Instagram application, then you should first try updating the app. Further, one should always keep all the apps updated.
In order to update your Instagram app on your phone, follow the given steps –
- First of all, you have to open the Play Store on your device.
- Now, search for Instagram in the search bar, or you can also find it under the My Apps section too. Now Click on Update.
- If your app is already updated and also you still can’t add music to your story, move on to the next fix.
Switch to Instagram Personal Account or Creator Account
If you guys are using the Instagram Business account, then try switching it back to a personal account. A lot of users have reported that with a business account resulted in the loss of the music feature on Instagram stories.
In order to switch your business account back to personal, then follow the steps given below –
- First of all, you have to head to Instagram settings by tapping on the Three Horizontal lines on the profile page then head to the Account section.
- Now click on the Switch to Personal Account option, and you are done.
When you have switched back to your personal account, now check if your problem of Instagram Music not working is solved. If the problem is not solved via switching to a personal account, then switch to a creator account. It is very likely that the music feature will actually come back whenever you make your account as a creator account as well.
You can do that via following the exact same steps as we have mentioned above in this section. The only difference will be – select the Switch to creator account option instead of Personal account.
Try Re-Logging in the Application | Instagram Music Not Working
This fix might also help you get rid of the Instagram Music not working problem. Just follow the steps given below –
- First of all, you have to the Profile section via tapping on the profile button.
- Now click on Three horizontal lines available on the top right of the screen. then click on Settings.
- Then tap on the Log Out option.
When you have logged out of the account, log in again via the same ID & Password and see if your problem is solved. If you guys still can’t use music on your Instagram, then try the next fix.
Uninstall and then reinstall the Instagram app on your device as well. You can do that through the Play store. Head to the Instagram page and click on the uninstall button. When it has been uninstalled, you guys will see the Install button on the same page. Click and reinstall the Instagram application on your phone. When installed then Open the Application via clicking on Open Button.
Log in to your account again via using your credentials. By this time, you should be able to fix the Instagram Music Not Working issue.
If you are getting this error whenever trying to add music on your Instagram story. Then there must be any one of the two below-mentioned reasons behind this actually–
- The song that you choose is not available in your country, or
- The song you guys choose must have been removed from Instagram via the artist.
However, there is a quick walkaround to get par this issue of ‘Song is currently unavailable. You can also convert the song you guys want to add to a video file, and you can later share it like an Instagram story. There are a lot of applications that let you convert audio files to video and vice versa. You can also use such applications in order to add your desired music to a photo, that you can upload as a story on Instagram too. Such applications also give the feature in order to share videos/pictures on social media platforms directly.
Use a VPN Application
Using a VPN can certainly help you in order to access the Instagram music feature. Due to specific license restrictions, Instagram Music Sticker is now available in limited countries. However, using a VPN application will let you hide your real IP Address, and also you can replace it along with any country’s IP where Instagram Music is also available.
If none of the above-mentioned methods works for you, then try contacting the customer support of Instagram. But, this fix is not sure to work. But still, you can try to contact Instagram support a few times. Customer also support may actually look after your concern and help you out.
Here is how you guys can contact Instagram in order to fix Music not working on the Instagram problem –
- First of all, head to the profile section of Instagram. Now, click on the three dots and then choose Settings.
- Click on Help from the given options.
- Now just choose the Report a problem option.
- Then follow the instructions you see on the screen and input your issue in the Write to the Instagram section then tap on Submit.
You can also write a mail to email@example.com regarding the ‘Instagram Music not working’ issue as well.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!
Also See: How to Block Thug Life on Facebook
Leave a Comment