There is no doubt that iCUE or Corsair Utility Engine is actually one of the most trusted device management software in the market today. It is basically an all-in-one program to monitor and customize the performance of all peripheral devices attached to your PC, such as keyboard, mouse, audio headsets, as well. The software gets updated consistently and thus, mostly remains hassle-free as well. But, few users have complained of getting an error message No device was detected in iCUE as well. It can also occur because of a variety of reasons and needs to be resolved to restore the proper functioning of all peripherals. Just read this article to know all about How to Fix iCUE Not Detecting Devices. Let’s begin!
- 1 How to Fix iCUE Not Detecting Devices
- 1.1 Restart Corsair Utility Engine
- 1.2 Disable Associated Hardware & Software | iCUE Not Detecting Devices
- 1.3 Update Windows Operating System
- 1.4 Create a New CUE Profile | iCUE Not Detecting Devices
- 1.5 Change USB ports
- 1.6 Fix Hardware Compatibility Issues | iCUE Not Detecting Devices
- 1.7 Adjust the BIOS Switch
- 1.8 Update Firmware | iCUE Not Detecting Devices
- 1.9 FAQs
- 1.10 Conclusion
How to Fix iCUE Not Detecting Devices
Many reasons can be attributed to iCUE No Device Detected error and also they would vary from one operating system to another. We also have attempted to list the most common causes for this error message:
- Device controls not under iCUE: Many times, by mistake, your peripheral devices no longer remain under the control of iCUE.
- Outdated CUE: Because Corsair Utility is design in order to work with the latest software and hardware, an outdate version of CUE will also have trouble functioning smoothly. You must make sure timely updates of all programs to prevent issues.
- BIOS Switch not in the correct position: BIOS Switch is used to switch to different modes. If the switch is not in the position you want. Then it will become hard for the Corsair Utility Engine in order to recognize your device.
- Hardware troubles: In many cases, it is possible that your utility device does not support your hardware and wouldn’t recognize it, at all actually.
- Malfunctioning USB port: If you guys have a malfunctioning USB port, then the device you have plugg in, might not recognize.
- Corrupt CUE profile: The Corsair Utility controls the response of devices via a lot of profiles stored in it. If any one of these is glitched or corrupt, then your device might not function properly actually.
Restart Corsair Utility Engine
In order to get rid of common bugs and glitches, a simple fix is to restart your device as follows:
- Well, close Corsair Utility that is currently running on your computer.
- Then type Task Manager in the Windows search bar and tap on Open, as illustrated in the pic below.
- Now under the Processes tab, then search for CUE (Corsair Utility Engine).
- Now you have to click on the Corsair folder and press Delete to remove it from the system.
- Open the Control Panel via searching for it in the Windows search bar, as depicted.
- Choose Programs & Features, as highlighted in the pic below, after tapping View by > Large icons from the top-right corner.
- In the Uninstall or change a program window, then right-tap on Corsair and then, click Uninstall.
- Reboot the computer in order to complete the Corsair uninstallation process.
- Next, head to Corsair’s official website or also visit the iCUE download page in order to download the latest version of Corsair Utility Engine for your system.
- Right-tap on the downloaded file and select Run as administrator.
- Install the program and its updates, and then restart the computer once again.
Disable Associated Hardware & Software | iCUE Not Detecting Devices
Some users claimed that disabling all other programs associated along with Corsair and its iCUE helped solve this issue. This could be due to various third-party programs interfering along with the functioning of CUE. Execute the following instructions in order to do the same:
- You have to Disconnect the keyboard or any other peripheral devices from the computer.
- Then open Device Manager by searching for it in the Windows search bar, as shown.
- Tap on View > Show hidden devices, as depicted.
- Now Expand Keyboards via double-clicking on them.
- Then tap on the device and then Uninstall it from here.
- Now Repeat the same for all associated devices.
- Check if you’re able to fix iCUE not detecting devices problem on your PC or not.
Update Windows Operating System
Here’s how you can fix no device detected in Corsair Utility Engine (iCUE) via updating your Windows OS to the latest version:
- In order to open the Settings panel, and tap on the Window + I keys simultaneously.
- Tap on Update & Security, as shown.
- Tap on the Check for Updates button, as highlighted in the given pic actually.
- If the Windows cannot find any new updates, then the following message will display: You’re up to date as well.
- If any updates are available, then the same will display and Windows will update itself.
- Now restart your computer. Then, open Corsair Utility Engine in order to confirm that all devices are being detected and functioning properly.
Create a New CUE Profile | iCUE Not Detecting Devices
Creating a new CUE profile will get rid of all glitches associate along with the existing profile and hence, fix iCUE no device detects an error. This method we highly recommend for users who are unable in order to configure the peripheral RGB colors.
- Open the Corsair app and navigate to the Home screen.
- In order to build a new profile, click on the + (plus) icon next to Profiles.
- Name the new profile and then, tap on Create to build it.
- Now, right-click the attached devices and then select Default.
- Now save these modifications and exit iCUE.
- Restart the program and also verify that it is set to the highest priority setting.
- You guys should now toggle between the two in order to verify that the RGB colors are functioning properly in the newly created CUE profile.
If the above-mentioned methods fail to fix this error, then try the hardware fixes listed below.
Change USB ports
Although, Corsair Utility Engine completely supports USB 2.0 ports as well. In many instances, the Utility could search for only 3.0 ports actually. It is also likely that the USB port to which your peripheral was attach is not functioning properly as well. Thus, you guys should perform these basic checks:
- You have to Change the port to which the peripheral is attached.
- Plus, if you were plugging in the front ports, use the ports on the back of your PC monitor or CPU rather.
- Now Switch USB ports from 3.0 to 2.0 port or vice-versa.
Fix Hardware Compatibility Issues | iCUE Not Detecting Devices
If the peripheral does not accept the iCUE app, then it cannot be linked in any way. We came across a lot of users who believed that their peripheral supported RGB colors. When, in fact, it actually supported static or pre-defined colors only. Thus, we recommend:
- Just search for the packaging or model number of your peripheral and also consult Corsair’s official website for the list of compatible devices.
- You can visit Corsair Help for support & guidance for its devices.
If you are unable to connect your device along with your computer, regardless of what you do, then you should replace the faulty hardware.
Adjust the BIOS Switch
If you guys own a Corsair keyboard, you are probably aware of the multiple BIOS switches located at the back of the peripheral. Such switches permit you to tailor keyboard configuration to your particular needs. Although, if the appropriate BIOS switch is not activate, then the peripherals will not connect to the Utility Engine and will cause iCUE not to detect devices issue. Implement the given steps in order to verify & rectify BIOS switch settings:
- You have to verify that the peripheral is properly wire to the appropriate USB port.
- Then locate the BIOS Switch on the back of the peripheral. It should labele BIOS. Adjust the mode of the switch as well.
- Then Reconnect the peripheral; the CUE should recognize the keyboard now.
- If it is still unable to find the peripheral, then you can adjust the BIOS mode to resolve this issue.
- Just like that, you can test it by deleting the peripheral. After rewiring the peripheral, hold the ESC key as well. This is a hard reset for the device, and it can also assist in detecting the keyboard.
Update Firmware | iCUE Not Detecting Devices
Updating the firmware on your PC will help improve its performance as well as resolve CUE errors. However, before proceeding to do that perform these checks:
- Verify that you guys have a stable internet connection.
- The device that need updates is connecting to your PC.
- CUE should be used in order to upgrade the firmware.
- Open the Corsair Utility Engine and select Settings.
- Choose the Device that needs to update.
- Now check the option titled Force update in order to update the desired firmware.
- At last, click the Update button from the bottom-right corner of the screen.
How is Corsair Utility Engine defined?
Corsair Utility Engine, or CUE, is a sophisticated software package that actually manages peripheral devices and enhances their functionality as well. CUE monitors each and everything from the keyboard to the mousepad. So if the firmware has to update as well. In order to learn more about CUE, you can also visit its official website.
Why is the iCUE not detecting devices?
There could be a lot of reasons for your iCUE not detecting devices. Briefly, some of them can be:
- Hardware troubles.
- BIOS Switch is not in the position you want.
- Faulty or incompatible USB port as well.
- Outdated versions of iCUE or also Windows OS or both.
How can I fix no device detected in iCUE?
Well, there are a lot of steps that you can take in order to fix errors related to no device detected in iCUE. It varies from one operating system to another and also what specific kind of problem is facing by the user. We have compiled a detailed list of methods in order to solve iCUE not detecting devices issue.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!