Samsung Galaxy A series is the most popular proffered and mid-range mobile phones. Samsung always tries to make new designs in A-series & M series phones. But if we talk about Galaxy A80 then it is the topmost variant in A series. It comes with a unique design and seems really good. Also, there are very tiny bezels and no camera on display. The is wrapped with the great specs and performs better than expected. In this article, you’ll learn more about on how to root Samsung Galaxy A80 or how to unlock bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A80.
- 6.7-inch FHD+ (1080×2400) Super AMOLED display
- Snapdragon 730G processor with Adreno 618 GPU
- 8GB RAM and 128GB ROM
- 3700 mAh battery with instant charging support
The performance is quite limited due to its security issues. However, you can also get advanced features after rooting your device.
Rooting Galaxy A80 will provide more options like downloading Custom fonts, custom boot animation, third party themes and much more. If you want to customize your mobile using Xposed modules then rooting is the only option that is open. Also, it helps you to customize your phone but also it will allow you to explore hidden features as well. But there is one catch that you want to unlock the bootloader if you like to root your phone.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy A80 Plus
Samsung transfers from experience UI to One UI. It is more secure some Samsung Android phones are already running OneUI. Also, it is difficult to root Samsung due to dual-layer security on OneUI. It is possible, so follow the method given in this article to root your Galaxy A80. As you like it needs unlocking bootloader so first, we will share an article to unlocking the bootloader.
Samsung Galaxy A80 Unlock Bootloader
By default, all Samsung smartphones come with a locked bootloader. But if you want to root any phone we have to first unlock the bootloader. Samsung comes to OneUI from Experience UI and it is more secure and comes with dual-layer security. Also, it makes the process complex to unlock the bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A80. The process is quite the same but you want to ensure that it is complete.
Initially, the unlocking bootloader will reset the device so you must make take a complete backup of data.
Also, open Settings on your Samsung Galaxy A80 and move to About Phone section.
Now look for Build Number and tap on it about 7-8 times to turn on developer options on your Samsung Galaxy A80 phone.
Also, move back to Settings and then head over to Additional Options > Developer Settings.
In developer options, enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
How To Unlock OEM:
- Initially open your android phone Settings.
- Also, move to System settings and then click on advanced.
- Here you’ll find the Developer option open it.
- Now move down until you find the OEM unlocking or OEM unlock option.
- Now click on OEM unlock to enable it.
- That’s all!
Then switch off your phone. Also, press & hold Volume Down + Power button simultaneously and then connect it to PC via USB cable.
Now release both buttons when you see the Warning screen appears. Once done, now press the Volume Up button once and the Samsung Galaxy A80 will boot into Download Mode.
When the device is in the Download Mode, long press Volume Up button to unlock the bootloader of Galaxy A80 phones. Now it will remove all data from the phone and unlock the bootloader.
Automatically your phone will boot into the system. Then follow step 2 and step 3 to turn on developer options again.
The same procedure you can use to unlock the bootloader of other Android phones. After unlocking the bootloader, you are all set to root your phone. So if you like to root your Android phone then follow the below article.
- Make sure take a proper backup of data before rooting
- Download Magisk Manager APK
- Download Odin Flash Tool
- Unlock Bootloader (mentioned-above)
- Download the same version of the firmware
- To avoid damage charge your phone to at least 60%
Root Samsung A80 Using Magisk Patched File
Samsung phones with OneUI are difficult to root due to different file systems and partition. After complete research, we can now root Samsung phones. While using a patched file is the common procedure that is working for some of the Android phones. There are many procedures to root Samsung phones. Procedures are like using custom recovery and magisk patched files. But now custom recovery is not available for Samsung A80 so in this guide we use Magisk Patched file to root Galaxy A80.
Copy and install the Magisk Manager on your Android phone and open the App.
Then extract the Galaxy A80 Firmware on your PC. The extracted folder will have AP, BL, CP & CSC files. Copy the AP file to your Galaxy A80.
In the Magisk Manager tap on Install > Install.
A few options popup so pick ‘Select and Patch a File’.
Now locate and choose the AP tar file and wait for a while for the patching.
And once patching ends, the output file saved in the Download folder with name magisk_patched.tar.
Now Ctrl+C the magisk_patched.tar file on your PC and remember the location.
Once done, run the Odin Flash tool on your computer.
Now switch to the Options tab in the Odin tool and unmark Auto-Reboot.
On the tools right side simply tap on the AP and locate the magisk_patched file. Tap on the BL and load the BL file from extracted firmware. Same as above load the CP and CSC file in its respective section.
Note: After adding all files in the respective tabs. Just tap on the Start button. It will start flashing the file so wait for the success message which will display ‘Pass’.
Now carefully boot into the rooted system using the following button combination.
- Press & hold the Volume Up + Power button simultaneously and release all the buttons when you view the warning screen.
All done, you’ll now you successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy A80.
After rooting you still have to be careful about a few things. These things are like you need to reboot into specific partitions like recovery, non-root system, root system and more. So to boot into a specific system follow the shortcut buttons mention below.
- The system without Root: Normal power-up
- The system with Root: Press & hold the Volume Up + Power button simultaneously and release all the buttons when you view the warning screen.
- Recovery Mode: Press & hold Volume Up + Power button simultaneously and when you view the Warning screen release the Power button only but keep pressing Volume Up button until you view Recovery.
Some user complains that after rooting the Phone storage reduce to 32GB, so in this just follow one of the below points.
- Once you are done flashing magisk, reboot your phone and set up your device without adding Google Account.
- Turn on USB Debugging in developer options.
- Then move to About Phone and tap on Reset under looking for something else.
- After reset, download Magisk Manager and enjoy root access using full storage.
So here is the complete article on How to Root Samsung Galaxy A80 Plus with Magisk or how to unlock bootloader on Samsung A80 Plus. If you have any questions and queries regarding the guide then share it in the comment section.
- How to exit Snap Camera filter immediately-During Call
- COVID-19: Coronavirus Impact on iOS devices & WWDC