Now you guys can unlock your bootloader on LG K20 Plus (T-Mobile / Metro PCs) officially. Today we will guide you on How can you Unlock Bootloader on LG K20 Plus (T-Mobile / Metro PCs) Smartphones. So before installing TWRP, LG K20 Plus (T-Mobile / Metro PCs) smartphones should also be unlocked. So now here is the full guide to Unlock Bootloader on LG K20 Plus (T-Mobile or Metro PCs) Smartphone. If you guys unlock the bootloader you may void the warranty. Through Unlocking Bootloader you can install TWRP, Flash Rooting Zip file, or custom ROM on your phone. Just read this article to know How To Unlock Bootloader On LG K20 Plus – Tutorial. Let’s begin!
Just follow this guide on How you can Unlock Bootloader on LG K20 Plus (T-Mobile / Metro PCs). Just try this only on LG K20 Plus (T-Mobile or Metro PCs) smartphone as well. This method in order to unlock the bootloader on LG K20 Plus (T-Mobile or Metro PCs) is really simple to follow. However, please also do read the steps below carefully.
LG released LG K20 Plus (T-Mobile or Metro PCs) in December that also came out of the box with Android 7.0 Nougat. It sports a 5.3 inches display along with a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. LG K20 Plus (T-Mobile / Metro PCs) is also powered via a 1.4 GHz Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 chipset clubbed along with 2 GB RAM and 16 GB or 32 GB onboard storage as well. It also supports micro SD card with more than 256 GB. It also features a 13 MP camera with f/2.2 aperture and a 5 MP front-facing selfie shooter.
How can you Unlock Bootloader on LG K20 Plus
Now you can unlock the bootloader easily via following this simple guide on How can you Unlock the Bootloader on LG K20 Plus (T-Mobile or Metro PCs). Official Bootloader Unlock for LG K20 Plus (T-Mobile or Metro PCs) will also void the device warranty as well. So if you planning to unlock the bootloader on LG K20 Plus (T-Mobile or Metro PCs). Then it’s always better to wait until your warranty gets over as well. In case if you have unlocked the bootloader, then you guys can always re-lock the bootloader on your device anytime as well.
What is Unlock Bootloader?
A Bootloader is basically a code that runs whenever we turn on our device. This code initializes some hardware and then loads the kernel and ramdisk, and also gets the boot process going. So this process is also known as Bootloader. The same concept applies to all the technical stuff like laptops, PC, Smartphones, and any such device. Each and every Android OEM manufacturers lock the bootloader even though it is also Open Source. So if you guys want to try any CUSTOM ROM, it is impossible to load the CUSTOM ROM without even the Unlock Bootloader. So Manufacturer made a policy of making the smartphone along with Unlocked Bootloader will void the warranty as well. They actually want you in order to stick with the Stock ROM. Unlock Bootloader permits you to Root your android smartphone, Flash TWRP, and Custom ROM in just a simple easy method.
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that. with doing this, you will loose the warranty and sometime if you dont read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. So read carefully before doing something wrong.
What you need:
- This Update is only for LG K20 Plus (T-Mobile or Metro PCs) users.
- You just need a Laptop or PC
- So, working USB Cable
- Charge your phone to atleast 70% as well
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have the latest USB drivers installed.
- Then download the ADB Fastboot tools.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Now download LG Bridge
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on LG K20 Plus
- First of all enable the Developer Option
- To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Turn the phone off. Then boot it into fast boot mode via holding volume up + power. The phone will display “fastboot” text indicating that it also has successfully entered fast boot mode.
- Now head to the folder where you have installed the SDK Tool
- Plug the phone into your PC, then open a command prompt window via pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Now just type the command in your command window
- This command will list the connected devices as well. If your phone’s serial number shows up you are good to go and may also continue. If the phone is NOT listed this also indicates that your drivers are not installed correctly. In order for you to continue, you must fix your drivers so that your phone is listed under fastboot devices as well.
- If the phone has been recognized via the command above, proceed to unlocking the bootloader along with the following command:
Remember that this step will wipe EVERYTHING off the phone
fastboot oem unlock
- After the above command has finished executing, then run the following
- The phone will also reboot. Now, wait until the phone has fully booted up into android, and enjoy!
Well, That all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!
Also See: How to Delete Clips on Twitch – Tutorial