Hyper-Threading is an Intel IA-32 processor architecture aspect. Nowadays when users are seeing to boost their CPU’s speed, Hyper-Threading is always there for their help. Hyper-Threading also works as a rescuer for users when they suffer from low-speed during playing online gaming and streaming. Although, as the other aspects, it too contains downsides and disadvantages as well. Here is a way to turn off Hyper-Threading on PC.
It is common that the Hyper-Threading aspect of Intel CPU is able to make your PC prone to hacks, viruses, and malware. However, it is only a claim by some of the users. But Intel completely disagrees with this thought at all. Similarly, now the users who are trusting in such meditations are eager to turn off the Hyper-Threading aspect in their PC. Whether you are also doubtful about this matter, then read the article thoroughly:
The way for Turning off Hyper-Threading on PC
Turning off the Hyper-Threading on the PC is simple and there is no need for advanced level knowledge for that. Similarly, for this process, you have to abide by the steps that are given below:
- First of all, save all your important work and then Relaunch your system.
- Now your system is in the relaunching process, here you have to enter the BIOS setup. Then, tap any of the keys (ESC, F1, F2, F8, F10, F12, or Delete).
If your system starts ultimately then it is well if it is not then you have to resume again or restart it again.
- Here you have to look for the initial screen for the tips and then it will take you into the BIOS setup.
- Then adjust the Hyper-Threading. The control must be in either of the names, Hyper-Threading Function, Hyper-Threading technology, CPU Hyper-Threading. Now you are able to find it under the sub-menu of any of the given below keywords: Performance, Advanced BIOS, CPU, Processor, and another.
- Now you have to ensure that the control is set as Enabled by default.
- Then move towards the Enable and then click Enter.
- Now from the options choose Disable.
- At last, tap the button to close the BIOS setup screen. Simply, tap on ‘Y’ or type ‘Yes’ to save the conversion you made.
- If it will do at once, then you will finally disabled Hyper-Threading on PC.
Although this is the way by which you are able to turn off the Hyper-Threading on your PC. While the above process of entering the BIOS setup might vary depending upon the system and CPU that you are using. Similarly, in case you are desiring to turn on Hyper-Threading by any chance, then you have to abide by the steps similar as described above and in place of Disable, tap on turn on.
Well, we hope that you will find all the information mentioned here is related to you and also helpful to you. Similarly, if you want to have more help then you are able to see this link. Hence, after reading this article thoroughly, if you face any trouble and have any queries or feedback, so please write down the comment.