Your work email is really a great way to keep in touch with your colleagues and new clients. It is also the source of marketing personnel and PR agents use to get in touch with you for new business opportunities as well. Additionally, even if you are not working you do not want to miss out on these opportunities. A good way to let people know that reaching out to you that you are not currently available is to set up ‘Out of Office AutoReply‘ in Gmail. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Set Gmail Out of Office – Tutorial. Let’s begin!
Also known as ‘Out of Office‘ emails, vacation replies allow you to send customized automated emails to people reaching out to you when you are on a vacation. This also allows you to get back to your contacts in real-time without having to miss out on essential opportunities. Let’s have a look at how you can set up vacation replies for your Gmail account.
You can also set up the message to say anything you want, which includes who to contact in your absence. So that whenever people will send you a message. They will receive an email response that contains what you have written in your vacation auto-reply.
- 1 Turn on Out of Office in Gmail
- 2 On Android
- 3 Set up Out-Of-Office Reply in Gmail using PC
- 4 Turn your Gmail reply ON using iPhone and iPad | Set Gmail out of office
- 5 Turn off ‘Out of Office AutoReply’ in Gmail
- 6 On Android
- 7 On iPhone and iPad
- 8 On PC
- 9 Important: | Set Gmail out of office
- 10 Edit your vacation response | Set Gmail out of office
- 11 Do spam messages get Autoreply messages?
- 12 Conclusion
Turn on Out of Office in Gmail
To turn on vacation replies for your Gmail account, simply follow this tutorial below depending on the device you currently have access to.
- Open the Gmail application on your Android device and then tap on the ‘Hamburger‘ icon in the top left corner of your screen.
- Now scroll the sidebar and choose ‘Settings‘.
- If you have multiple accounts set up on your device, then select the account you want to turn on vacation replies for.
- Now click on ‘Out of Office AutoReply‘.
- Toggle on the switch for ‘Out of Office AutoReply‘ that is present at the top of your screen.
- Now you need to fill in the date range for your out of office replies. Auto replies will activate for your email account during this period.
- Proceed to fill in the subject and also the message of your AutoReply. This is the subject and message that will send to each and every recipient of the AutoReply.
- When you fill in, then tap on ‘Done‘ in the top right corner of your screen.
Auto replies will now turn on for your email account and any incoming mail to your Gmail account will receive the AutoReply.
Set up Out-Of-Office Reply in Gmail using PC
- First, open your Gmail on your computer.
- Next, you need to tap Settings, in the top right.
- After that, you have to scroll down to the Vacation responder section.
- Here you need to choose Vacation responder on.
- Now you have to fill in the date range, subject, and message.
- Under your message, check the box if you only want your contacts in order to see your vacation reply.
- After making changes at the bottom of the page, then click Save Changes.
Note: If you have added a Gmail signature, then you can see it at the bottom of your vacation response.
If you want to turn off your Out-Of-Office Vacation Reply in Gmail you can also change it anytime. When your vacation reply is on, you will see a banner across the top of your inbox that shows the subject of your vacation response. In order to turn off that vacation response, you just need to click End now. You can also use your Android and as well as iPhone & iPad to turn your Gmail Out-Of-Office Vacation Reply on or off.
Turn your Gmail reply ON using iPhone and iPad | Set Gmail out of office
Before you follow these steps make sure you have downloaded the Gmail app on your iOS device. The message you set up will also send when you send messages from your computer.
- First, open the Gmail app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Next in the top left, click Menu.
- Now scroll to the bottom, then tap Settings.
- Next, click the account that you want the response to come from.
- After that tap Vacation responder and then switch Vacation Responder On.
- Now you have to fill in the date range, subject, and message.
- In the top right, click Save.
In just a few steps you can now turn off your vacation reply. First, you have to open your Gmail app on your iOS device and then switch Vacation responder to Off.
Turn off ‘Out of Office AutoReply’ in Gmail
If you want to turn off AutoReply for your account, then simply follow one of the guides below depending on the device that you are using.
- First, open the Gmail account on your device and tap on the ‘Hamburger‘ icon in the top left corner of your screen.
- Now scroll down and then select ‘Settings‘.
- Proceed to select the account you want to turn off the ‘AutoReply‘ feature for.
- Scroll and then click on ‘Out of Office AutoReply‘.
- Then turn off the toggle at the top of your screen.
- Click on ‘Done‘ in the top right corner to save your changes.
- AutoReply will now a turnoff for your account.
On iPhone and iPad
- Open the Gmail app on your iOS device and then tap on the ‘Hamburger‘ icon in the top left corner of your screen.
- Scroll down and then select ‘Settings‘
- Now click on the account that has AutoReply turned on.
- Scroll and click on ‘Out of Office AutoReply‘.
- Then turn off the toggle at the top of your screen
- Click on ‘Save‘ in the top right corner to save your changes.
- AutoReplies will now turn off for your selected account from your iOS device.
- First, open Gmail in your favorite browser and log in to your account. When you are logged in, click on the ‘Gear‘ icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- Now tap on ‘See all settings‘ to access the settings page for your account.
- Scroll down to find the Vacation Responder section and then check the circle for ‘Vacation responder off‘.
- Finally, tap on ‘Save changes‘ at the bottom of your screen.
- Out of Office AutoReply will now turn off for your account.
Important: | Set Gmail out of office
These are the few important points that you should know when your vacation reply is sent:
Your vacation reply actually starts at 12:00 AM on the start date and ends at 11:59 PM on the end date until you end it earlier. Generally, your vacation response is only sent to the people the first time they message you. Still, there are the time’s someone may see your vacation response more than once, Such as:
- In some cases, the same person (Friend, colleague, family member, or someone else) contacts you again after four days and your vacation reply is still on. Then those people will see your vacation response again.
- Your vacation response starts over each and every time you edit it. Therefore, if someone gets your initial vacation response, then emails you again after you have edited your response, then they will see your new response.
- If you use your Gmail through your work, school, or any other organization, then you have many options. You can choose if your response is sent to everyone or only people in your organization.
Note: Keep that in mind that the messages sent to your spam folder and messages addressed to a mailing list you subscribe to won’t get your vacation response as well.
Edit your vacation response | Set Gmail out of office
If you make changes to your vacation response when you are in the vacation period. Then it will be sent out to your contacts again if in case they try to contact you. The 4 day waiting period will not be applicable during this scenario and even if anyone had sent you a mail yesterday. And they try to contact you again today, then the new AutoReply will be sent to them.
Apart from these scenarios, Gmail also gives you the ability in order to customize your vacation response recipients in case you are using an organization’s email ID. You get the option to send out AutoReplies only to your colleagues and organization members that actually ich helps keep internal communication from leaking out.
Do spam messages get Autoreply messages?
Messages that will be sent to your spam folder will not actually be sent an AutoReply. If you have filters in place to send many directly to your trash then they too will not receive an AutoReply. Apart from that, Gmail can identify emails from a mailing list. Emails from these types of sources will also not be treated to an AutoReply.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this Set Gmail out of office article and find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!