One of the great things about Discord is that you guys can use it however you wish. Prefer voice? You can use voice. Prefer text chat also? Now type to your heart’s content. Just prefer to lurk and see what’s going on from the shadows as well? Set yourself invisible and then just go for it. One of the more interesting elements of communication in Discord is reactions actually, the use of emotes in order to add emphasis to something within the chat. Just read this article, to know all about How to See Who Reacted in Discord – Tutorial. Let’s start!
There is no doubt that emojis have transformed the way we can communicate and express ourselves. Even those who were initially skeptical, myself among them have adopted the emoji for almost everyday use. That includes chats on Discord as well.
A Little On Discord React Feature
Discord is filled with a lot of different features but Reacting to messages is something that is used frequently. Reactions have now become a new way of interaction. With reactions, emojis, and stickers. You can express yourself in a far better way than just plain boring texts.
Even some Server Moderators ask you to react to certain messages in order to get complete access to their discord servers. All emojis are available in Discord via default. Also, some servers have their own set of stickers and emojis available in order to use in addition to normal ones.
Reactions are really common on discord. If somebody reacted to your message and you guys want to check the names of people who reacted, this is how you can also see who actually reacted in discord.
How to See Who Reacted in Discord – Tutorial
Reactions work really differently relying on whether you’re on desktop or mobile. There isn’t quite so much screen real estate on a phone so you have to dig to find reactions on Discord.
- First, just open Discord on your phone.
- Join a server and a channel as well.
- Find a chat with reactions or where you think there are reactions.
- Long press on a chat message to highlight it. The reactions should be shown in a little popup as well.
If there are reactions, you should then see all of them within that little window.
If you guys just wish to add a reaction on mobile, then do this:
- Choose the line of chat you want to react to.
- Press and hold that line in order to access the popup menu.
- Now choose Add Reaction and an emoji window should appear.
- Select a suitable emoji to add as a reaction.
You can use multiple emojis if you want, just choose the small ‘+’ icon to bring up the emoji window again.
See who reacted in Discord for PC
Discord for PC is a little easier to manage since there is more available screen space to use. That said, reactions aren’t the clearest part of the platform to use so let’s now cover it here.
- First, just open the Discord app or browser window on your PC.
- Join a server and channel and join also in the chat.
- You see an emoji in chat. You should see a number underneath. This is how many people reacted to that line. You should also see the usernames of those that did react when you guys hover over it.
If you want to add your own reaction, then you can also do it one of two ways.
Just tap on an existing reaction within the chat and you guys will see the number increase via one.
- Just hover over a line of chat you want to react to. You guys should see two icons to the right, an emoji and three dots actually.
- Just choose the emoji in order to bring up the window.
- Select an emoji from the list to add it as a reaction as well.
If you guys don’t see the emoji icon, then the channel you’re on doesn’t really allow reactions. This is an admin setting and not something that user roles will be able to change. This is really unusual, however, you may come across it during your time on Discord as well.
Through reactions in Discord
Reactions are just a little extra something you guys can add to a conversation whenever words alone won’t do. Just like emoji in other communications, they actually add extra emphasis or also communicates emotional meanings without even having to say anything. They are actually an amazing communications medium that everyone has taken to heart as well.
The key to getting the most out of emoji and reactions is basically to use them sparingly. You have to use them only when they have maximum impact and they will have a much greater effect. Then if you guys use them all the time. Some folks cannot say anything without them and that’s fine, however, to get the most out of them. You should use them when they would have the best impact as well.
There is a little etiquette in order to emoji use but like emoji themselves, the ‘rules’ are really straightforward.
- You can use emoji sparingly with people you don’t know well.
- Go wild with them along with close friends.
- Just don’t use them in serious situations or whenever discussing serious issues.
- You have to follow the leader if you’re not sure what the situation needs.
- Know when to stop using them as well.
Fortunately, Discord is actually one of those places where emoji use is accepted and really widely used. You can pretty much do what you guys like on there, however, if you’re joining a new server. Then just watch for a while before through them. In order to see how everyone else uses them. You’ll get along much better that way as well!
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!
Leave a Comment