Google Meet is the new video conferencing service that Google releases that offers a completely free to use package. Along with top of the line features including the likes of end to end encryption and HD audio and video. Google Meet also offers you the ability to join in via a phone call. As well as the ability to present your screen instead of your video feed. In this article, we are going to talk about How to record a Google Meet video meeting-Tutorial. Let’s begin!
Like other services on the market, Meet also comes with the ability to record your meetings which will allow you to save them and share them later and help go over the discussed topic once again.
This makes it easier for other members that were unable to attend the meeting to get up to speed with the discussion at hand. Let us take a look at how you can record meetings in Google Meet.
Note: Although the ability to record your meetings along with other advanced features is completely free for now. This offer will only last until the 30th of September 2020. After that, you will need to have a G Suite Account with a paid license in order to access these features. Your recordings that you record during this period will still be available to you after 30th September.
- 1 What do you need | Google Meet video meeting
- 2 How to start a recording | Google Meet video meeting
- 3 How to stop a recording | Google Meet video meeting
- 4 Where are the recordings? | Google Meet video meeting
- 5 What’s the recording? | Google Meet video meeting
- 6 Can free users record a meeting? | Google Meet video meeting
- 7 Conclusion
What do you need | Google Meet video meeting
- A Google G Suite account
- Free space in your Google Drive account
- You should either be the meeting organizer or have an account in the same organization as the meeting organizer
How to start a recording | Google Meet video meeting
Starting a recording in Google Meetis a fairly simple process and does not require much. Use the guide below to help you to start.
- Join a meeting in Google Meet either via the invite link, calendar event, or the meeting code. Once joined in, click on the ‘3-dot’ menu icon in the bottom right corner of your screen and select ‘Record Meeting’.
- Confirm your selection by clicking on ‘Accept’ in the ‘Ask for consent’ dialog box. Once confirmed, a notification will send to all the meeting members. That a recording has initiated by you and the recording will be started.
You should now be able to record all the happenings in your meeting which you can use to review later according to your own convenience.
How to stop a recording | Google Meet video meeting
- During a meeting, while it is recorded. Click on the ‘3-dot’ menu icon in the bottom right corner of your screen and select ‘Stop Recording’.
- Confirm your selection by clicking on ‘Stop Recording’ in the confirmation dialog box that appears next.
Your recording will now stop and an email with a link to the saved file will send to the meeting organizer as well as you. If there was a calendar event creating for your meeting then a link will attach to the calendar entry as well.
Where are the recordings? | Google Meet video meeting
Your meeting recordings are saved under a folder named ‘Meet Recordings’ in the organizer’s Google Drive. If the meeting initiates outside the organization. Then it is saving in the Google Drive of the event organizer under the same name.
If you belong to the same organization as your organizer, then a link to the recording will be automatically emailed to you once you stop the recording. It will also send to your organizer. As well as attached to a calendar event if it was created.
What’s the recording? | Google Meet video meeting
During a recording on Google Meet, only the active speaker and presentations are recorded. All the other participants stay out of the recording no matter who has pinned it to the top. Additionally, any other windows or notifications that you might receive or open during the meeting are not in the recordings.
Google Meet sends out a notification about the recording to people outside your organization in the meeting, to mobile app users and users. That might have dialed into the meeting at hand using a telephone number.
Can free users record a meeting? | Google Meet video meeting
It depends on what kind of free user you are. If you have a free Google account then no, the recording function will not be available to you. On the other hand, if you have a free G-Suite account, then yes. The recording function will be available to you.
All recorded meetings will store in your organizers Google Drive. And the link will send out to you through email. If the meeting was initiated using a Google Calendar event. Then the link will also attach to the event in your calendar. That will make it accessible by all the meeting members.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this Google Meet video meeting article and find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!