Discord is a really popular app, mostly within the gaming community. It is a great way in order to keep all your friends actively communicating along with each other. You can also make strategies, improve your gameplay, and have more fun playing together as well. Just read this article to know all about How to Make a Welcome Channel Discord – Tutorial.
Folks create Discord channels each and every day. If you guys are looking for a guide on how you can make a welcome channel. Then you have come to the right place. We will share an easy way for you to make your welcome channel actually. If you guys are new to Discord, then you probably have no idea how you can make a welcome channel. That would permit each and every person to join in through tapping on the server.
We will also share a really cool trick to make a default welcome message. This message will always pop up whenever a person enters the channel such as a welcoming message, for example. You guys can customize the message as you see fit as well. You guys can also turn it on to pop up for one particular person.
How to Make a Welcome Channel Discord – Tutorial
There are basically two options that you can make a welcome channel along with an automated welcome message. For the very first option, you guys can script a bot to do it for you. However, if you decide to script your own bot, then your computer will have to be running 24/7 in order to run the script. You would also need basic Java knowledge as well.
But, because this is a more complicated option, we have decided to share a simpler way. Rather than making bots, you guys can use them to do it for you. Follow the steps below, and you guys will make a welcome channel in no time as well.
- The first thing that you guys are going to do is just open up your Discord, Choose your server and right-click. Now choose “Create a Channel.”
- Give your channel a name as well. It can be anything actually. When you’ve typed in the name, then go ahead and select “Create Channel” like in the screenshot below. You guys can also turn on the “Private” option. If you turn this option on, only the folks you give the link to your channel can join. However, if you disable it, then everyone can join. Disable it so that anyone can choose your server.
- Now your channel is ready actually. Head to MEE6. This is basically a dashboard that permits you in order to give your channel a more creative touch. You guys can give your members roles, create commands, or also add messages. You guys are in complete control of your channel.
- In order to make a welcome channel on Discord, you can also sign up here. You can also use other platforms as well. They too have the same features too.
- After you guys sign up, you can then head to “Plugins” and choose “Enable” on the welcome feature. This is basically the feature that will give all the new members in your channel a warm welcome.
- Now, go ahead and make your automated welcome message. In order to do it, just choose your channel first. Then, write a message for all the members in order to see, or you can toggle a private message targeted to only one specific member. When you are done writing your welcome message, you have to click on the button in the right corner to save the changes.
- This is actually the final step. Head to your Discord and then enter your channel. The welcome message will basically pop right up. See the screenshot below.
Well, That all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!