The official Google launcher for your Pixel devices is the reference when moving the Android Stock experience to any device. It was a matter of days that users extracted the APK from the official launcher to use it in any device, but the real potential came when modified versions began to appear with additional features not included in the official. Among all those that have been appearing, Pixel 2 Launcher is the most complete and customizable, with the incentive of not needing to be a root user.
Pixel 2 Launcher allows you to use the aesthetic improvements of the Google Pixel, as is the case of the floating search bar placed at the bottom of the screen instead of the top, as well as the notification widget with the date, temperature, and notices of upcoming events in our calendar. Both features do not need external widgets or additional settings: everything is included in the launcher.
But it is in its advanced settings that it shines with respect to other mods. Keeping a long tap on the desktop and accessing the Home Settings section is where we find what is really interesting, these being some of the additional features :
- Activate or deactivate the reminders of the top widget.
- Avoid automatically creating new icons on the desktop when installing an app.
- Show Google cards when doing the horizontal swipe.
- Show suggestions at the top of the application drawer with the most used apps.
- Allow use of the Android menu with the screen in horizontal.
- Change the shape of the default adaptive icons (circular, square, etc).
- Use a dark theme for the transparency of the drawer.
- Eliminate the gradient of the lower drawer.
- Hide applications from the drawer, something especially practical if we install contacts apps, calendar or bookmark and we cannot uninstall the utilities that come by default in case of using a layer of third-party personalization (EMUI, MIUI, TouchWiz, etc.)
How to install Pixel 2 Launcher
Download Pixel 2 Launcher Apk
Step 1: Download Pixel 2 Launcher Apk from above.
Step 2: Copy it to your device.
Step 3: Go where you have copied it and tap on it
Step 4: Install it
- Choose Install > Settings > Unknown Sources, if you are installing for the first time.
- Choose Install only if you have already enabled the Unknown sources.
Step 5: Enjoy!
The installation process is very simple, although there are a couple of indispensable requirements. Since the different launchers modified from Pixel Launcher share package name, it is necessary to uninstall the one we had previously, because otherwise, the installation will stop with an error. Normally you can not uninstall the launcher from the home or the drawer since it has no access from there, so the only way to locate it is by going to Settings> Applications and looking for it in the list. We will find it as “Pixel Launcher”.
Once installed, the way to activate it will depend on the customization layer that we use. For example, in a Huawei device, we have to go to Settings> Applications and notifications> Default applications> Activator, while in the Xiaomi with MIUI you have to access Settings> Installed apps> Display right upper menu> Default> Launcher.
For more stuff visit our site techverses.com and discover what you want.