Each and every problem comes with solutions; all you guys need to do is find the best one. Whenever it comes to finding the solution to this problem, then we should identify the real cause behind no sound on YouTube as well. There could be a lot of things interfering with your YouTube sound such as site settings, browser issues, system sound problems, etc. But, if you follow a systematic approach in order to narrow down your options to find the problem, you guys would definitely find the real cause for this problem in order to isolate the problem instantly. Below are some methods in order to fix no sound on YouTube issues. Just read this article to know all about How to Fix No Sound on YouTube. Let’s begin!
How to Fix No Sound on YouTube
If you guys are running your YouTube video on Chrome browser and there is actually no sound, you guys should try opening the same video in a different browser. If the sound works, then you can easily understand that the problem was along with the browser. Now you have to fix the problem with the same browser. Just start with “right-click” on the speaker icon on Taskbar, then open Volume Mixer and fix the problem with the selected browser. In many cases, the speaker can mute for specific browsers, so you have to enable it. If you do not have another browser installed, you have to install one in order to check this option.
Adobe Flash Player Update
If you guys open a flash video on different video streaming websites and hear the sound. Then the problem is actually with your YouTube setting. But, if there is still a sound problem, then the problem is actually with the adobe flash player. You guys have to make sure that your adobe flash player is the latest version recommended for Windows. If you find that your version is just not the latest one recommended for windows. Then you have to update it or install the latest version of the adobe flash player in order to Fix No Sound on YouTube Issue.
Check Your System Sounds | No Sound on YouTube
The very first thing you have to do is to check your system sound if it is working properly. It could be possible that the main cause of YouTube no sound problem is actually your system sound is not working. In order to check your system sound setting, you guys have to right-click on the sound icon on the taskbar, select Sounds, and tap on the Test button.
If there is actually no sound coming, then you guys have to check your system settings.
- Volume Setting – One problem can be that your volume is mute. You can also check it on your taskbar. When you tap on the sound icon, you guys will see a blue bar, and if it is muted, then there will be an X mark on the speaker. It will also help if you to re-enable it too.
- Check and Update the Sound Driver – Most of the time, we actually forget that some drivers want to be updated on time. You guys have to check the sound driver for this problem. It would also help if you opened Device Manager where you will find sound and also video sets. If there is a yellow exclamation mark under this setting, then you have to click and also update the driver.
- Turn on the sound driver – It would also be possible that mistakenly you guys have disabled the sound driver. You have to check under the Device Manager and Sound driver as well. If it is disabled, then you simply right-click on the Sound Driver and choose Enable option as well.
Somehow you guys have muted the YouTube sound setting. Yes, it also happens with many people that sometimes they mute YouTube and forget in order to re-enable it again for sound. You have to look at the speaker icon on YouTube Video, and then if you see an X mark on it, then it is actually disabled or muted. Whenever you move your mouse over the icon, then you can easily turn it on again and then adjust the volume setting. It would also help if you guys moved the slider right side to increase the volume.
Update the sound card driver | No Sound on YouTube
- Tap on Windows Key + R and then type devmgmt.msc and click on Enter to open Device Manager.
- Now expand Sound, video, and game controllers and then right-tap on “Realtek High Definition Audio” and choose Update driver.
- On the next window, just tap on “Search automatically for updated driver software“.
- In case, if you guys already have the updated driver. Then you guys will see the message “The best drivers for your device are already installed“.
- If you guys just don’t have the latest drivers, Windows will automatically update Realtek Audio drivers to the latest update available as well.
- When finished, reboot your PC in order to save changes.
If you guys are still facing the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Issue, then you have to update the drivers manually, just follow this guide as well.
- Again open Device Manager and then right-click on Realtek High Definition Audio and choose Update driver.
- This time, you have to click on “Browse my computer for driver software.”
- Next, just click on “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.”
- Choose the appropriate driver from the list and then tap on Next.
- Now let the driver installation complete and then restart your PC as well.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!