Samsung Galaxy S8 is one of the most popular smartphones of the Galaxy Series. The design makes it stand out among all of its peers. With S8 and S8+ Samsung came up with a totally redesigned look that took the markets by storm. It is one of the best selling phones of Samsung. Even after the release of S9 and S9+, people are contented with their S8 and they do not see a reason to upgrade. When using S8, you might have come across this error “Samsung Galaxy S8 not Recognized by Windows PC”. We are going to talk about How to Fix Galaxy S8 not Recognized by Computer.
While trying to connect your S8 with PC through a data cable. Sometimes your Windows PC is unable to recognize your device. This error arises when you do not have proper Samsung drivers for Windows on your Laptop or PC. You see an error in the bottom left corner of your screen “USB device not recognized – one of the devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and windows do not recognize it”
This error leads to inaccessibility of your Galaxy S8 data like pictures and videos on your computer. You will not be able to move your phone data to PC and vice versa. There are a number of methods that can cause this problem. We will deal with all its possible solutions.
Here is how you can solve this issue: | Galaxy S8 not Recognized by Computer
The most common problem is the unavailability of Samsung drivers for Windows PC. This leads to S8 not recognized on Windows PC error.
- Just navigate to this link, download Samsung USB drivers for Windows PC and install them on your computer.
- Once the installation is done. Remove USB data cable from your PC and connect it again.
- Make sure you are using the original USB data cable to connect your S8 or S8+ to your PC.
- The problem can also be in the USB port of your PC. Try connecting to some other USB port.
- Or it can be the data cable that is not working properly. Try with some other data cable to connect your device. Or while your device is connected to the PC with a data cable. Hold your phone and move the cable to different angles. You will hear a sound on your PC when the connection is established between S8 and the computer.
- Try resetting your device, maybe there is some issue in the PC or your phone that is not letting the connection to establish.
- After connecting your device, you should see a notification in the notification panel. Drag it down and change the connection type to MTP (Data Transfer).
- Sometimes it is the firewall or Antivirus that does not allow a connection with an external device. Turn off your Antivirus and try again.
If nothing seems to work then move on to method two below.
Method two on how to solve Galaxy S8 not recognized by Windows PC by clearing the cache of S8:
If you have tried all of the solutions above and still no luck in connecting your Galaxy S8 with your PC and you are unable to access data present on your phone through your PC then proceed with clearing the cache of your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+.
One common question of people while clearing cache is if it will delete the data present on your phone. Well, clearing the cache does not delete any data that is present on your phone.
Follow the steps below to clear cache partition of your S8 from the recovery menu in order to solve Galaxy S8 not recognized on PC error:
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy S8.
- Press and hold Bixby + Power and Volume up Buttons.
- Leave the power button when the phone turns on.
- Keep on holding the other two buttons until you see a blue screen with an Android figure in the background.
- In the recovery menu, use volume buttons to navigate to wipe the cache partition of your system. Clearing cache won’t delete any data present on your phone
- Use the power button to select this option and confirm the clearing of the cache.
- Once you have cleared the cache of your S8. Select “reboot system” option.
Now your Galaxy S8 will reboot. Try connecting your phone to the computer with the USB cable. Hopefully, you won’t get “Galaxy S8 not recognized by PC error”.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you like this galaxy s8 not recognized by computer article and find it helpful to you. Also if you guys have further queries related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!