The incoming call notification sound in Discord is either really useful or really annoying actually. Relying on which side of the fence you sit, then you may want to turn off the Discord call sound altogether as well. If you guys like to use it, then you will likely come across times whenever it either sounds all the time. Even if there isn’t an incoming message or otherwise not work as advertised actually. This tutorial walks you via both scenarios. Just read this article to know all about How to Fix Discord Won’t Stop Ringing – Tutorial. Let’s start!
The incoming call notification is really useful if you are in the game or also busy doing something and not worried about being disturbed as well. If you guys are in the middle of something or are also concentrating hard then disabling this notification can decrease distractions significantly. Like most things in Discord, it’s really easy to do when your know-how.
Well, troubleshooting the call sound takes a little more work and I’ll actually tackle that in a minute.
Turn off Discord call sound
Turning off notifications in Discord is super-useful if you guys want to keep interacting along with the app. However, want to decrease interruptions from calls. It’s just a simple setting that toggles the incoming ring on or off as well. You guys can also use it situationally or permanently, it is entirely up to you actually.
- First of all, open Discord on your device.
- Choose User Settings from the gear icon at the bottom.
- Then select Notifications from the left menu.
- Now scroll to Incoming Ring and toggle it off as well.
Turn off Discord call sound via mobile
- First, open Discord on your mobile.
- Then select the user image at the bottom.
- Choose Notifications.
- And then choose “Tweak notification settings” in the pop-up window.
- Now scroll down to select “call”.
- Click on the show notification in order to disable it. Make sure it’s grayed out.
That’s just it. Now you should no longer be interrupted via the Discord call sound. Whenever you’re ready to dive back into Discord or into the chat as well. You guys can turn it on again so you’re notified when someone wants to chat as well.
Troubleshoot the Discord call sound
I have heard of a few people having issues around the Discord call sound. Issues such as ringing permanently, even when nobody is calling or when it won’t ring even when the Incoming Ring setting is enabled. There are likely other situations too. Here are a few troubleshooting methods for correcting the Discord call sound.
It just could just be Discord misfiring so just a quick restart should be able to let you know if that is the case or not. Shut down Discord, then make sure the process has stopped in your task or activity manager, and then restart it again as well. This should fix it at least some of the time as well.
- Right-tap on an empty space on the Windows Task Bar and choose Task Manager.
- Choose the Discord process, right-tap, and then choose End Task.
- Now restart Discord.
This should work fine and the ringing should stop whenever you restart Discord. This isn’t the only way in order to stop it ringing permanently though. If you choose the Discord process and expand it. Then you will also see the main process and some dependent processes underneath too. You can also choose one of those dependent processes in order to see if it’s one of those causing the malfunction instead of shutting Discord down completely.
If you guys use a Mac, then just use the Command key + Q or use Activity Monitor in order to shut down Discord in the same way as in Windows.
In the vast majority of cases, this is enough in order to stop Discord ringing permanently. If yours continues to ring, you guys have two main options. Now reinstall Discord or also update your audio driver. If all other games and applications work fine along with your current audio driver. Just start with Discord. If you guys are having other problems with audio, then start with your driver.
- You have to choose the Windows Start button.
- Now scroll to Discord and right-tap on the icon.
- Choose Uninstall from the menu.
- Then select to uninstall Discord from the popup window.
- Now download a fresh copy of Discord from the website.
- Install it and then log in as well.
If you guys made any customizations, you will have to do them over. Otherwise, you guys should see your servers and channels appear, then your original avatar and everything else the same because it was before you uninstalled. It is a little drastic, however, a few web users have had to resort in order to reinstall Discord just to stop that call sound.
Update your audio driver in Windows:
- You have to identify the make and model of sound card if you use one or the motherboard if you use onboard sound as well.
- Just visit the manufacturer’s website for your device and also find the Download section.
- Now download the latest audio driver for your device as well.
- Right-tap on the Windows Start button and choose Device Manager.
- Noe choose your sound card and right-click.
- Choose Sound, video, and also game controllers.
- Select your sound device and then choose Update Driver.
- Choose to manually install a driver and point Windows to the download as well.
- Just install and reboot your computer as well.
That should definitely stop the Discord call sound actually!
Well, That all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!
Also See: How to Take Screenshot on Moto X Play