Whenever you install apps on Windows 10, then you can install them anywhere. Normally, they’ll recommend installing to the C drive that is where Windows installs via default. In most of the cases, you can install an app elsewhere along with some exceptions. Steam is no different. Then you can install it on the C drive or you can install it to a different drive as well. That said, if you guys can’t find the Steam folder after installing it, there are a few different things that you can try to find it. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Find Steam Apps Folder in Windows 10. Let’s begin!
Before you go hunting for the Steam folder, you have to check the root of every drive on your system. It should be there. If it isn’t, then just use one of the options below.
Windows search is basically the first tool you should try if you guys can’t find the Steam folder. Open Windows Search and also enter Steam. It’s highly likely that the Steam app will also come up as the first result. But, look through the other results and also expand the group of folders.
You ought to see the Steam folder actually. Tap on it and it will open in File Explorer. You can also copy the path from the location bar.
Use the Steam client | steamapps folder in windows 10
- First of all, you have to tap on the Steam client on your PC or Mac.
- Then just open the Library tab.
- Right-click on any of the installed games as well.
- Choose Properties.
- In the Properties window, just open the Local Files tab.
- Then ta on the Browse Local Files button.
- File Explorer will also open the selected game’s installation folder.
- In the File Explorer, just tap on the Up-arrow icon until you see the Steam folder.
If you guys have a game installed then finding the Steam folder is really easy. Just open Steam and head to your Library. Right-tap on a game and choose Properties from the context menu. In the Properties window, head to the Local Files tab and tap on Browse Local Files. File Explorer will open to where the game’s local files are saved. Read the path in the location bar and you’ll be able to find where your Steam folder is as well.
Install a game
If you guys don’t have a game installed, and only just have the app. Then you can also find where the Steam folder is via downloading a game. It can be any game. Before the game begins to download, you guys will get a prompt asking where you want to install it. The select location dropdown will, by default, list the Steam folder.
The above three methods will also help you to find the Steam folder on Windows 10. If you guys are having trouble with the Steam app i.e., it won’t run. And the last two methods aren’t something you guys can use, it is possible that the Steam app isn’t installed on your system, or also it’s been corrupted.
Install a game
- First of all, you have to launch the Steam client.
- Choose any game that is free to install as well.
- You have to click on Play to proceed with the installation (the game will prompt you with a preference screen).
- Under Select location for install, note down the default installation path for Steam
- Now navigate to the same installation path via File Explorer in order to find the Steam folder.
If you guys are still looking for a way to find the Steam folder, try to install a game. Whenever installing a game on Steam, then you can find where the Steam is located as the game will prompt you in order to select an installation path.
The steps presented below will definitely help you with this task:
- You have to open the Steam client.
- You can choose any game that is free to install.
- Tap on Play to proceed with the installation (the game will prompt you along with a preference screen).
- Now under Choose location for install, just note down the default installation path for Steam.
- You have to navigate to the same installation path using File Explorer in order to find the Steam folder.
Well, That all from my side. If you want to know more about this “steam apps folder in windows 10” article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!
Also See: If You Hide a Message on Groupme Can Others See it
Leave a Comment