One of the easiest ways to share your contact info with someone else is by sending them your Contact card. After all, this card has your full name, phone number(s), email address, street address, and any other details you add to it. In this article, we are gonna talk about Contacts Private me Card.
But at the same time, you may not want to share all of this information when you send your card. The Contacts app on Mac offers a convenient feature labeled the Me Card. With it, you can decide exactly what details are shared when you send your Contacts card, and here’s how
Create Contacts Private me Card
Open the Contacts app on your Apple Mac and then follow these steps to limit the details you send on your card.
- Click Contacts > Preferences from the menu bar.
- Select the vCard tab.
- Check the box for Enable private me card.
- Optionally, you can uncheck the next two boxes for Export notes in vCards and Export photos in vCards. If you leave these checked, then obviously any notes or photos you have attached to your card will be sent right along with it. So if you do not want to include those with your card, uncheck those boxes.
Next, open your Contact card. You can do this quickly by clicking Card > Go To My Card from the menu bar.
- When your Contacts card appears, click the Edit button at the bottom.
- Now you’ll see checkboxes to the right of your information in the Share column. Simply check those that you want to include in your Me Card. You can add, remove, or edit any of the details here as well.
- Click Done when you finish.
If you want to double-check these changes, share the card with yourself via Messages, Mail, or another option in your Share Menu.
Click the Share button on the bottom right of the window and pick your option. When you receive and open your Contacts card, it should only contain the details you chose.
You cannot be too careful with your personal information these days. So if you do not want to set up a separate Contacts card with limited details that you share with others, this Me Card option is another way to go.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you like this article and find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!