Do you guys want to insert background music into your Roblox game? How about placing sounds on your objects as well? Either way, we’re here to help you actually. Follow our guide below in order to learn how you can add music to Roblox. Sounds and music can also help make or break any game you develop. It can also set the atmosphere for different scenes, just make the gameplay exciting, and add some realism to the in-game world and characters. Just read this article to know all about How to Add Music and Sounds to your Roblox game. Let’s start!
In Roblox, you can also select to add music from the platform’s Audio Marketplace. After copying the ID of the one you like, then you can add it to your Workspace, a base part, or also an attachment. If you guys find the process of adding audio to Roblox confusing, then don’t worry, we’re here to help you. We’ll also teach you the basics of using sounds and music on the platform as well.
How to add music and sounds to your Roblox game
If you guys want to make your Roblox game more lively and entertaining. Then you can add music and sounds to objects and many other parts of your game. You can select to pick from the platform’s wide array of free audio or also upload a custom one that you like as well.
Either way, we are here to help you. In our example below, we’ll also teach you how you can add music to the Workspace of your Roblox game.
Get the music’s Asset ID
- On your computer, just open the Roblox Studio and sign in to your account.
- You have to open one of your existing games or create a new one.
- Using the Toolbox on the left, then tap on Marketplace, open the menu, and then choose the audio option.
- If the Toolbox isn’t visible on your window, head to the View tab and enable it on the Show options.
- You can use the search bar to look for the music you want to use. Also, you can also narrow the search results through searching for a creator. Adjusting the duration, and changing the sorting preferences via tapping on the filter icon.
- When you find the one you like, right-tap on your choice and choose “Copy Asset ID.”
- Just like that, you can visit RobloxSong using your favorite browser in order to search for audio and music from the site’s collection of Roblox codes as well.
Add the music to your Roblox game
When you have the Asset ID of the audio file you want to use. Then it’s time to add it to Roblox. For starters, we’ll teach you how you can add it to your Workspace.
- Head to the View tab on your Roblox Studio and then tap on Explorer and Properties.
- Hover on an item or group on your Explorer and then click the plus icon in order to insert an object. Now choose the sound option.
- Click on the newly created Sound object and then go to the Properties window.
- Paste the Asset ID on the “SoundId” section and then tap on Enter.
- Make sure to turn on the “Playing” option as well.
- You can also adjust the volume and enable other features such as loops in the Properties window.
- Navigate to StarterGui, tap on the plus icon, and select LocalScript.
When the window appears on your screen, and delete all of its contents and type “game.Workspace.Sound:Play().”
Close the LocalScript window and then test your game in order to see if the music works. On the Test section on your Toolbar, tap on the Play button in order to run the game.
You can use these steps above in order to add background music to your games and ambient sounds just like rain, wind, and many other stuff. With these tools, you can also make your game more exciting, fun, lively, or scary, relying on the audio files you use.
3D sounds on Roblox
Apart from inserting background audio on your game, you can also add audio to specific objects on Roblox as well. You can also even make “3D sounds” that play audio relying on the source’s position. Whenever you apply a 3D sound to a part or attachment, it will then play the audio louder with a higher pitch as a player comes closer to it. Apart from that, the position of your avatar also affects how the audio plays on your speakers as well.
Well, That all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!
Also See: How to Fake Donate on Twitch – Tutorial
Leave a Comment