HDMI stands for High-Definition Multimedia Interface as well. It is a proprietary audio or video interface and it works in order to transmit uncompressed video data and also compressed or uncompressed. Digital audio data from an HDMI-compliant source device to a compatible device, according to Wikipedia as well. Just read this article we are going to talk about HDMI Port Not Working in Windows 10 – Fix. Let’s begin!
HDMI is actually the standard connection device for digital televisions, media streamers, and as well. The HDMI port is a necessary hardware component. That permits the device to connect to external peripherals lick monitors and video projectors via one cable.
Unfortunately, this popular high-quality connection method doesn’t work properly in most of the cases. As some users complain about the forum, HDMI stops working in Windows 10 and they receive no photos or audio. In order to resolve HDMI port not working issue, some proven methods are displayed below as well.
- 1 HDMI Port Not Working in Windows 10 – Fix
- 1.1 Check Your HDMI Cable Connections | HDMI Port Not Working
- 1.2 Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
- 1.3 Update Graphics Driver for Windows 10 | HDMI Port Not Working
- 1.4 Configure the System’s Display Settings | HDMI Port Not Working
- 1.5 Conclusion
HDMI Port Not Working in Windows 10 – Fix
Make sure to create a restore point just in case something goes wrong here.
There are different ways in order to fix the HDMI connection problems, some of the techniques are explained below as well.
Check Your HDMI Cable Connections | HDMI Port Not Working
For Windows 10, unplug the power cable and then plug it back and if there is a case for Windows 10 users. When all the HDMI ports stopped working, you can fix this HDMI port not working problem via first unplugging the power cable and then plug in it again. Then perform the following steps: –
- You have to try disconnecting all your HDMI cables from their respective inputs.
- For 10 minutes keep unplugging the power cable from the TV as well.
- Then, plug back the TV in the power source and then switch it o.
- Now just take the HDMI cable to your PC in order to connect.
- Then turn on the PC as well.
Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
In general, the Windows 10 built-in troubleshooter will also search for any problem related to HDMI ports and will automatically fix it as well. For this, you guys have to follow the steps mentioned below as well
- Tap on Windows Key + I to open Settings and then click on the Update & Security icon.
- From the left-hand menu make sure to choose Troubleshoot.
- Then under the “Find and fix other problems” section, then tap on “Hardware and Devices“.
- Next, tap on Run the troubleshooter and follow on-screen instructions in order to fix HDMI Port Not Working in Windows 10.
Update Graphics Driver for Windows 10 | HDMI Port Not Working
Issues regarding HDMI may also arise if the graphics driver is outdated and also not updated for a really long time. This can bring glitches such as HDMI not working. So, it is recommended to use a driver update that will automatically detect your graphics driver status and update it accordingly as well.
Manually Update Graphics Drivers using Device Manager
- Tap on Windows Key + R then type devmgmt.msc and click on enter to open Device Manager.
- Then expand Display adapters and right-tap on your Graphics Card and choose Enable.
- When you have done this again right-click on your graphics card and choose “Update Driver“.
- Then choose “Search automatically for updated driver software” and then let it finish the process.
- If the above steps were helpful in fixing the issue and then really good, if not then continue.
- Again right-click on your graphics card and choose “Update Driver”. However, this time on the next screen and then choose “Browse my computer for driver software.“
- Then choose “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer” as well.
- At last, select the latest driver from the list and then tap on Next.
- Now let the above process finish and the restart your PC in order to save changes.
Now follow the same steps for the integrated graphics card (that is Intel in this case) to update its drivers. See if you’re able in order to Fix HDMI Port Not Working in Windows 10 issue, if not then continue along with the next step.
Automatically Update Graphics Drivers from Manufacturer Website
- Tap on Windows Key + R and in the dialog box type “dxdiag” and click on enter.
- After that search for the display tab (there will be two display tabs one for the integrated graphics card and also another one will be of Nvidia’s). Tap on the Display tab and then find out your graphics card.
- Then head to the Nvidia driver download website and click enter the product details that we just find out.
- Search your drivers after inputting the information, and then tap on Agree and download the drivers.
- After successful download, then install the driver and you have successfully updated your Nvidia drivers manually as well.
Configure the System’s Display Settings | HDMI Port Not Working
HDMI port not working issue may also arise if there are also multiple monitors connected to your system. The issue may pop up if there you guys are using the wrong display settings. So, it is recommended to check for settings so that your displays are now having the right settings. For this, you guys have to tap on Windows Key + P.
- PC screen or Computer only — For using the 1st
- Now duplicate — In order to display the same content on both the connected monitors.
- Extend — To use both monitors in order to display the screen in extended mode.
- Second screen or Projector only — Is used for the second monitor as well.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!