Well, with the help of the internet, you guys can now watch free and paid video content on your television without even the need for a connecting cable. A lot of applications can be used for the same, Roku being one of them. Roku is basically a hardware digital media platform offering access to stream media content from numerous online sources. This fantastic invention is both efficient & durable as well. Just read this article to know all about How to Fix HBO Max Not Working on Roku. Let’s begin!
Folks can also enjoy HBO movies and also series on Roku. Plus, its users can download HBO Max Channel on their devices for many other streaming applications as well. If you already have the HBO app installed on your device, then you will be automatically updated to HBO Max Channel. Furthermore, you can directly subscribe to this service whenever you have a Roku account on your device. But, anytime HBO Max may not work on Roku, and this might annoy some users.
- 1 How to Fix HBO Max Not Working on Roku
- 1.1 Update your Roku Device
- 1.2 Use the Search Feature
- 1.3 Reinstall HBO Max App
- 1.4 Disconnect your VPN
- 1.5 Clear the Cache Memory
- 1.6 Restart Roku | HBO Max Not Working
- 1.7 Soft Reset Roku
- 1.8 Hard Reset Roku | HBO Max Not Working
- 1.9 Conclusion
How to Fix HBO Max Not Working on Roku
HBO Max app might not work on your Roku TV because of the following reasons.
- Your Roku TV is not really compatible along with the HBO Max app.
- You guys are using an outdated Roku software version.
- Roku device cache also has bulked up and needs to be cleared.
- You don’t really have a stable internet connection.
- HBO Max as well as Roku servers are down for maintenance or due to other technical issues.
Update your Roku Device
HBO Max app works pretty well on Roku 9.3, however, older Roku models like Roku 2500 will not be supported. And for a glitch-free experience along with HBO Max, Roku must run on its latest version. To update Roku, you have to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Just hold the Home button on the remote and then navigate to Settings
- Now, select System and head to System update.
- Then check for updates in Roku and proceed with the installation.
Note: For instances where Roku actually runs on a version that is greater than or equal to 9.4.0. Yet, the HBO Max channel does not run properly, then contact Roku Support for assistance.
Use the Search Feature
Just like that, you can use the search feature to select the desired content rather than using the Home screen. You can also search for content via movie/series names, tv channels, as well as actors. You guys will be able to use only four controls: Forward, Backward, Pause, & 7-second replay as well. The HBO Max menu and also the closed caption feature are not available along with this option.
Tip: Navigate through the menu slowly via waiting for two to three seconds between actions and responses as well. This will actually prevent frequent crashes from occurring within the system.
Reinstall HBO Max App
Whenever you uninstall the HBO Max app and then reinstall it, it should fix all the technical glitches in the device. Here are the steps in order to implement this method in order to fix HBO Max Not Working on the Roku issue:
Uninstall HBO Max
- Tap on the Home button on your Roku remote as well.
- Now, head to Streaming Channels and choose Channel Store.
- Then search HBO Max in the list and choose OK on the remote.
- At last, select Remove as shown. Then just confirm the selection when prompted.
Reinstall HBO Max: Option 1
- Head to the HBO Max app on your mobile and then launch Settings.
- Now, navigate to Devices and then sign out of all the logged-in devices.
- Then, delete HBO Max from Roku and then restart it.
- When the restart process is complete, then reinstall HBO Max.
Reinstall HBO Max: Option 2
- Just simply Unsubscribe from HBO Max.
- Then delete the HBO channel and perform a restart process.
- Again, add the HBO Max channel, and then the issue will fix now.
Note: The new HBO Max channel will actually crash if your previous HBO device holds HBO login information. Thus, it is always recommended to sign out of all devices and then delete HBO Max from Roku as well.
Disconnect your VPN
In order to enjoy a smooth streaming experience along with HBO Max. Your region of residence must be within the United States or affiliated territories actually. In the case of HBO Max, you guys actually have to use your original IP address with visibility features. Whereas using VPN basically hides your actual IP address. Thus, you are suggested to disconnect your VPN network and then use the HBO Max app as well. This is a quick fix suggested via multiple users as follows:
Just simply turn OFF the VPN connection and then check if the HBO Max Not Working on Roku issue is fixed now or not.
Clear the Cache Memory
Formatting issues and loading problems can also sort out through clearing the cache in the device. Just follow these steps in order to clear the cache present in Roku:
- Open your Home screen.
- Then search for the HBO Max channel and choose it.
- Then just take your remote and tap on the asterisk * button.
- Now, choose the Remove channel.
- At last, reboot the Roku.
All cache data will then be deleted and HBO Max not working on Roku issue will be resolved.
Restart Roku | HBO Max Not Working
The restart process of Roku is just the same as that of a PC. Rebooting the system via switching it from ON to OFF & then turning it ON again would help resolve some issues along with Roku.
Note: Except for Roku TVs and Roku 4, many other versions of Roku do not come along with an ON/OFF switch.
Just follow the below-mentioned steps in order to restart your Roku device via the remote:
- Choose System via pressing on the Home Screen.
- Now just search for System restart and select it.
- Select Restart as shown below. It will basically confirm restart to turn your Roku player off and then on again.
- Roku will now turn OFF. Wait till it power ON actually.
- Head to the Home page and then check if the glitches fix.
Steps to Restart Frozen Roku
Because of poor network connectivity, Roku might also freeze sometimes. Hence, before implementing this method, check the signal strength and bandwidth of your internet connection. In order to make sure a smooth reboot of your Roku device.
Follow the given steps in order to restart frozen Roku now:
- Tap on the Home button five times.
- Press the upward arrow once.
- Now just push the Rewind button twice.
- At last, hit the Fast Forward button two times.
When you have completed these steps, Roku will then restart. First, just wait for it to restart completely and then check if Roku is still frozen.
Soft Reset Roku
If you want to set Roku to its original state, a factory reset of Roku is needed. The factory reset option we use to remove all data associates along with the device. It makes the device function just like it’s brand new. Factory reset is mostly carried out whenever the machine settings need to be altered to improve its performance. You can use the remote in order to implement the following steps.
- Choose Settings on the Home screen.
- Just search for System > Advanced system settings.
- So, here, select Factory reset.
- When you choose Factory to reset, a code will then generate on the screen in order to confirm your choice. Note that code and then it in the box provided.
- Tap on OK.
The factory reset of Roku will now start, and it will actually take some time to complete. Thereafter, you can also begin to use it and then check if HBO Max not working on Roku problem solve.
Hard Reset Roku | HBO Max Not Working
If you guys have also tried a soft factory reset of Roku and/or restarted the process of Roku. A and still haven’t obtained the desired results, then you can opt for a hard reset of Roku.
- You can find the RESET symbol on the device.
Note: The reset button, as well as the pinhole, will rely on the model of the device you own.
- You have to Hold this RESET symbol for at least 20 seconds.
- Release the button when the power light blinks on the device as well.
This indicates that the factory reset is just complete, and you guys can now configure it as you would a new one.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!
Also See: How to Fix the Windows Cannot Find Steam.exe Error?
Leave a Comment