Well, one of the most well-crafted apps via Google. Google Maps is a really great app that is being used via many smartphone users across the globe, be it Android as well as iOS. The app started as a reliable tool for providing directions and also has been developed over the years to assist in a lot of other sectors. Just read this article to know all about How to Fix Google Maps Not Working. Let’s start!
The app gives information on the best route order to take based on traffic conditions. Satellite representations of desired locations and gives a course of direction regarding any mode of transportation, make it via walk, car, bike, as well as public transport. Along with recent updates, Google Maps also have integrated cab as well as auto services for directions.
But, all of these splendid features are of no use if the app does not really function properly. As well as does not open at all at the time whenever it is most needed.
- 1 Why your Google Maps isn’t working?
- 2 How to Fix Google Maps Not Working
Why your Google Maps isn’t working?
There is a lot of reason for Google Maps not working issue, however, a few of them are:
- Poor Wi-Fi connection
- Poor Network Signal
- Google Maps not Updated
- Corrupted Cache and Data
Now relying on your issue, you can also try the below fixes in order to fix Google Maps not working on Android.
How to Fix Google Maps Not Working
Check your Internet Connection
Google Maps needs a good internet connection in order to function properly. And the problem might persist because of a really slow internet connection as well as no internet access at all. If you are using “mobile data,” then try turning it off and then enabling it again after shifting to an area. There you guys get better network coverage, i.e. where the network connection is actually stable.
If not, toggle flight mode on and off and then try to open Google Maps. If you guys have a nearby Wi-Fi hotspot, then we also recommend that you guys use Wi-Fi rather than mobile data. You guys can also download area maps under Google Maps in order to save them offline. So in case, you guys don’t have an active internet connection because of the insufficient signal. Then you can easily access Google Maps offline.
Restart the device
One of the most basic and preferable solutions, in order to put everything back in place regarding any issues in the device, is restarting or rebooting the phone actually. To restart your device, tap & hold the “Power button” and choose “Reboot”.
This will actually take a minute or two to rely on the phone and mostly fixes quite a few of the problems.
Enable High Accuracy Mode
- Tap and hold the Location or GPS icon from the notification panel.
- Just make sure toggle next to “Location access” is enabled and then under Location mode, choose High accuracy.
Check Location Settings
Location services should also be turned on for Google maps in order to determine the best route possible. However, there might also be a slight chance that you guys have been using Google maps without location services being enabled. Make sure Google maps also have permission in order to access your device’s location.
Before moving forward, you guys have to make sure to enable GPS from the quick access menu.
- You have to open Settings on your phone and then navigate to Apps.
- Click on App permissions under permissions.
- Now under the App permission, just tap on Location permissions.
- Then make sure Location permission is enabled for Google Maps as well.
Clear App Cache & Data
Application cache can actually be cleared without even affecting user settings and data. But, the same is not true for deleting app data. If you guys delete app data, then it will remove user settings, data, and also configuration. You have to keep in mind that clearing app data also results in the loss of all the offline maps saved under Google Maps.
- First, open Settings on your device and navigate to Apps or Application Manager.
- Now navigate to Google Maps that is under “All apps”.
- Click on Storage under app details and then click on Clear cache.
- Now again try to launch Google Maps, see if you guys are able to Fix Google Maps not working on the Android issue. However, if the problem still persists, choose to Clear all data.
Factory Reset Your Phone
If none of the above methods really work, then the last option left is just to factory reset your phone. However, be careful as a factory reset will also delete all the data from your phone. To factory reset your phone, you have to follow these steps:
- Just open Settings on your smartphone.
- Then search for Factory Reset in the search bar as well as tap on the Backup and reset option from the Settings.
- Tap on the Factory data reset on the screen.
- Tap on the Reset option on the next screen.
After the factory reset is completed, you have to restart your phone and launch Google Maps. And it may also start working properly now.
Update Google Maps
Updating Google Maps can fix any issue caused because of bugs in the previous update and can also resolve any performance issues if the current version installed on your guys are device is not working properly.
- You have to open Play Store and search for “Google Maps” using the search bar.
- Click on the Update button in order to install the latest version of the application.
Download an Older Version of Google Maps
You guys can also download an older version of the Google Maps application from third-party websites such as APKmirror. This method seems to be a temporary fix to the issue, however, remember that installing apps from third-party sources might harm your phone. Because sometimes these website contains malicious code as well as virus in form of the .apk file.
- First, of all, Uninstall Google Maps from your Android Phone.
- You have to download an older version of Google Maps from websites like APKmirror.
Note: Just download an older APK version, however, not older than two months.
- In order to install the .apk files from third-party sources, you guys have to give permission to install apps from untrusted sources.
- At last, install the Google Maps .apk file and see if you can open Google Maps without even any issues.
Use Google Maps Go
If nothing works then you guys can use Google Maps Go as an alternative. It is a really lighter version of Google Maps and might also come in handy until you’re able to resolve issues along with your Google Maps. These are some of the most effective methods in order to resolve any issues regarding Google Maps Not Working on Android, and if any problem persists, then just reinstall the app.
Google Maps is actually one of the best navigating apps that is available on the Play Store. From finding the shortest route to measuring the traffic, it actually does it all. And Google Maps not working issue can also turn your world upside down.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!