This generation relies on Google Maps more than anything else whenever it comes to navigation. It is an important service app. That permits people to find addresses, businesses, hiking routes, review traffic situations, as well. Google Maps is like an indispensable guide, especially whenever we are in an unknown area. Although Google Maps is really accurate. There are times whenever it shows the wrong path and leads us to a dead-end. Just read this article to know all about How to Fix Google Maps not Showing Route. Let’s start!
But, a bigger problem than that would be Google Maps not working at all and also not showing any directions. One of the biggest nightmares for any traveler would be to find their Google Maps app malfunctioning whenever they are in the middle of nowhere as well. If you guys ever experience something like this, and then don’t worry; there is actually an easy fix for the problem.
Now, Google Maps uses GPS technology to detect your location and track your movements whenever driving/walking along a path. In order to access the GPS on your phone, the Google Maps app needs permission from you. Just like other apps need permission to use any hardware on your device. One of the reasons behind Google Maps not showing directions is that it also does not have permission to use the GPS on the Android phone. Apart from that, you can also select if or not you would like to share your location along with Google. If you have opted to disable the Location Services. Then Google will not be able to track your position. Thus show directions on Google Maps. Let us now take a look at the different solutions to fix this problem.
How to Fix Google Maps not Showing Route
Check Internet Connectivity
In order to work properly, Google Maps needs a stable internet connection. Without even internet connectivity, it would not be able to download maps and also show directions. Unless and until you guys have a pre-downloaded offline map saved for the area. Then you will need a working internet connection to navigate properly. In order to check internet connectivity, just simply open YouTube and see if you can play a video.
If not, then you have to reset your Wi-Fi connection or switch to your mobile data. You can also even switch on and then switch off the Airplane mode. This will permit your mobile networks to reset and then reconnect. If your internet is working correctly and then you are still experiencing the same problem. Then just move on to the next solution.
Turn on Location Services
As mentioned earlier, Google Maps will not be able in order to access your GPS location and if you have disabled location services. As a result, it is not able to show directions on the map as well. There is also a solution to this problem. Just simply drag down from the notification panel in order to access the Quick Settings menu. Here, tap on the Location/GPS icon in order to enable Location Services. Now, open Google Maps again and then see if it works properly or not.
Reset Google Play Services | google maps not showing route
Google Play Services is a really important part of the Android framework. It is a crucial component important for the functioning of all apps installed from the Google Play Store and also apps. That needs you to log in along with your Google account. Needless to say, the smooth functioning of Google Maps relies on Google Play Services. Hence, if you are facing problems along with Google Maps. Then clearing the cache and data files of Google Play Services might do the trick as well. Just follow the steps given below in order to see how:
- Head to the Settings of your phone.
- Click on the Apps option.
- Now, choose Google Play Services from the list of apps.
- Then tap on the Storage option.
- You guys will now see the options in order to clear data and clear cache. Click on the respective buttons, and the said files will be deleted as well.
- Then exit the settings and try to use Google maps again and see if the problem still persists.
Clear Cache for Google Maps
If clearing the cache and data for Google Play Service didn’t really solve the problem. Then you have to go ahead and clear the cache for Google Maps as well. It might seem vague, repetitive, and also unnecessary, however, trust me, it mostly solves problems and is unexpectedly useful. The process is really similar to the one described above.
- Head to the Settings and then open the Apps section.
- Now, just choose Google maps and in there, and click on the Storage option.
- After that, you have to tap on the Clear Cache button, and you are good to go.
- Check if the app is also working properly after this.
Turn on High Accuracy mode for Google Maps
Android Location Services comes along with an option to enable high accuracy mode. Like the name suggests, this increases the accuracy of detecting your location as well. It might consume a little extra data, however, it is completely worth it. Turning on high accuracy mode might solve the problem of Google Maps not showing directions. Just follow the steps given below to turn on high accuracy mode on your device.
- First of all, open the Settings on your phone.
- Then tap on the Passwords and Security option.
- There, you have to choose the Location option.
- Now under the Location mode tab, just choose the High accuracy option.
- After that, open Google Maps again and then see if you are able to get directions properly or not.
Calibrate the Compass
In order to receive accurate directions in Google Maps as well. It is really important that the compass is calibrated. It is possible that the problem is because of the low accuracy of the compass. You have to follow the steps given below in order to re-calibrate your compass:
- Firstly, just open the Google Maps app on your device.
- Now, just click on the blue dot and that shows your current location.
- After that, choose the Calibrate compass option on the bottom left side of the screen as well.
- Now, the app will ask you in order to move your phone in a specific way to make figure 8. Follow the on-screen animated guide in order to see how.
- When you have completed the process, your Compass accuracy would be high, that will solve the problem.
- Now, try to search for an address and see if Google Maps gives accurate directions or not.
Well, I hope you like this “google maps not showing route” article and understand all the steps. However, if you still have any problems and queries related to this article. Then feel free to ask me in the comments section below. I’ll get back to you shortly.
Also See: How to Fix Problem With Wireless Adapter or Access Point
Leave a Comment