Microsoft released all Xbox One players on Tuesday to install the April Update – the new name for Spring Creators Update – with many new features on its console. The new firmware, also known as version 1804, weighs about 700 MB.
Highlights include support for 1440p resolution, AMD Radeon FreeSync technology and new system sounds. From now on, it is also possible to share the control through the Mixer – feature added to Insider users since the beginning of March.
In addition, the Microsoft Edge browser has received a new look for the purpose of modernizing it. In all, there were 10 changes to Microsoft’s console. See the following list:
- Several new video and display features are coming to the Xbox One, including automatic low latency (game mode), AMD Radeon FreeSync and 1440p support.
- Microsoft Edge on Xbox One has been updated to a more modern look.
- Microsoft is introducing a new Mixer feature called “Share Control,” allowing Xbox One streamers to share control of their game with a viewer on the Mixer site.
- Now you can start Mixer streaming from anywhere on the Xbox One, making streaming easier than ever.
- Now you can share screenshots and clips directly on Twitter in the “Transmit and Capture” section of the Guide.
- There are new Narrator volume controls that are independent of the system audio volume. You can now also selectively balance the game’s audio with the background music in the Guide.
- You can now change the console theme to “Scheduled” to automatically adjust it from Light to Dark during certain times of the day. It can help lessen the tiredness of your vision.
- The sounds of the home screen system and Guide have been completely renovated to support spatial audio as well.
- New Mixer icon and Upload Studio update that does not excite you so much.
- Xbox avatars can now be uninstalled from the console.
Anyone who is one of Microsoft’s testers may already have access to the 1805 version of the system, available since last week. The future firmware brings new functions, such as 120 Hz support, cut videos in the Guide and folders for games and applications.
If you are not an Insider user, you can install April Update through the Settings menu.
So, did you like the content? Click here to learn more and secure the best Xbox products on the Microsoft Store!
Have you downloaded the new update for Xbox One? Share your impressions with us!