Well, after upgrading to Windows 10, users need to face a variety of problems. Even though most of them were easily fixed actually. One of the main issues that need some serious troubleshooting was Windows 10 freezing on startup. As well as Boot and also the only solution to this problem is just to hold the power button in order to shut down (Hard reboot) the system. There is no certain cause that leads to Windows 10 randomly crashing at Startup as well. Just read this article to know all about How to Fix Windows 10 Freezing on Startup. Let’s start!
Some users also even reinstalled Windows 7 or 8 and the problem disappear. However, as soon as they install Windows 10 the problem again resurfaced too. So clearly this basically seems to be a driver issue, now the drivers that were meant for Windows 7 will also clearly become incompatible along with Windows 10. Hence causing the system to become unstable as well. The most commonly affected device is Graphic Card that actually seems to create this issue in many systems. Although it’s not necessarily that it will also be the culprit for each and every other user, however, it’s safe to troubleshoot it first.
Although the clean installation of Windows 10 did help a few users, it’s actually possible that you guys will again get back to square one. So just let’s just first troubleshoot the issue and then try this method as well. So without even wasting any further time let’s see how you can actually Fix Windows 10 Freezes on Startup issues along with the help of the below-listed troubleshooting guide.
- 1 How to Fix Windows 10 Freezing on Startup
- 1.1 Turn off Fast Startup
- 1.2 Perform Automatic Repair | Freezing on Startup
- 1.3 Update Graphic Card Drivers
- 1.4 Run Windows Memory Diagnostic
- 1.5 Uncheck Hardware Acceleration
- 1.6 Run SFC and DISM | Freezing on Startup
- 1.7 Perform System Restore
- 1.8 Disable AppXSvc
- 1.9 Disable Antivirus Program | Freezing on Startup
- 1.10 Conclusion
How to Fix Windows 10 Freezing on Startup
Turn off Fast Startup
- Tap on Windows Key + R and then type control and click on Enter to open Control Panel.
- Then just click on Hardware and Sound and then tap on Power Options.
- Now from the left window pane. just choose “Choose what the power buttons do“ as well
- Now you have to tap on “Change settings that are currently unavailable“ as well.
- Just uncheck “Turn on fast startup” and tap on Save changes.
Perform Automatic Repair | Freezing on Startup
- You have to Insert the Windows 10 bootable installation DVD and then restart your PC.
- Whenever prompted to Press any key in order to boot from CD or DVD, and then tap on any key to continue.
- Choose your language preferences, and then tap on Next. Click Repair your PC in the bottom-left.
- Now choose an option screen, then tap on Troubleshoot.
- On Troubleshoot screen, you guys have to tap on the Advanced option.
- On the Advanced options screen, just click on Automatic Repair or Startup Repair.
- Now just wait until the Windows Automatic/Startup Repairs are complete.
- Just restart and you guys have successfully Fix Windows 10 Freezes on Startup, if not, then continue.
Update Graphic Card Drivers
- First of all, tap on Windows Key + R, and in the dialog box and type “dxdiag” and click on enter.
- Now after that search for the display tab (there will actually be two display tabs one for the integrated graphic card and another one will be of Nvidia’s) tap on the display tab and then find out your graphic card.
- Now head to the Nvidia driver download website and then enter the product details which we just find out.
- Just search your drivers after inputting the information, tap on Agree, and then downloads the drivers.
Run Windows Memory Diagnostic
- You have to type memory in the Windows search bar and then just choose “Windows Memory Diagnostic.“
- In the set of options displayed, you have to choose “Restart now and check for problems.“
- Now, after which Windows will restart in order to check for possible RAM errors and will also hopefully Fix Windows 10 Freezes on Startup issue too.
- Just reboot your PC in order to save changes.
Uncheck Hardware Acceleration
- Just open Google Chrome and then tap on the three dots in the upper right corner and choose Settings.
- Now, you need to scroll down till you guys find Advanced (which would be probably located at the bottom) and then click on it.
- Then scroll down till you find System settings and also make sure to disable the toggle or turn off the option “Use hardware acceleration when available.“
- Just restart Chrome and this should now help you Fix Windows 10 Freezes on Startup issue.
Run SFC and DISM | Freezing on Startup
- Tap on Windows Key + X and then click on Command Prompt(Admin).
- Now just type the following in the cmd and click on enter:
Sfc /scannow sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows (If above fails then try this one)
- You have to wait for the above process in order to finish and once done restart your PC.
- Again, just open cmd and then type the following command and click on enter after each one:
a) Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth b) Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth c) Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- You have to let the DISM command run and also wait for it to finish.
- If the above command doesn’t really work then just try on the below:
Dism /Image:C:\offline /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:c:\test\mount\windows Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:c:\test\mount\windows /LimitAccess
Note: You can replace the C:\RepairSource\Windows along with the location of your repair source (Windows Installation or Recovery Disc).
- Just reboot your PC in order to save changes and see if you guys are able to Fix Windows 10 Freezes on the Startup issue.
Perform System Restore
- You have to tap on Windows Key + R and type”sysdm.cpl” then hit enter.
- Choose the System Protection tab and then just choose System Restore.
- Tap on Next and just select the desired System Restore point.
- Just Follow the on-screen instruction in order to complete the system restore as well.
- Now after reboot, you guys may be able to Fix Windows 10 Freezes on the Startup issue.
- Tap on Windows Key + R and then type Regedit and click on Enter in order to open Registry Editor.
- Now navigate to the following registry key:
- Just make sure to choose AppXSvc then from the right window pane double-tap on the Start subkey.
- In the Value data field, you need to type 4 and then tap on OK.
- Just reboot your PC in order to save changes
Disable Antivirus Program | Freezing on Startup
- Just right-click on the Antivirus Program icon from the system tray and then select Disable.
- Next, you have to select the time frame for which the Antivirus will remain disabled.
Note: Select the smallest amount of time possible Such as 15 minutes or 30 minutes as well.
- When you do that, again try to navigate around and then check if the error resolves or not.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!