Almost all of us have at least two email addresses and for personal and business correspondence as well. You guys may also need an automatic mail forwarding to your colleague. Who will also receive emails on work issues and answer them whenever you are on vacation. It only takes a few minutes in order to enable this feature. Let’s take a look at the steps on automatic forwarding in a lot of famous email services. Just read this article to know all about Can Someone See if You Forward Their Email.
There are two types of email forwarding that you guys will come across:
- Manual forwarding – Done via a person using an Email Client.
- Automatic forwarding – Done via Email Server or client message rule.
The two forwarding types represent two really separate uses. In this tutorial, we will also cover manual email forwarding.
Although the process is really straightforward a few questions most of the time arise like:
- Does the original sender see it whenever I forward it?
- What actually happens to email attachments? Are they forwarded?
So in addition to show you how you can forward messages in Yahoo and Gmail we will also answer these and additional questions as well.
- 1 Forwarding Email From an Email Client
- 1.1 Forwarding Examples Using Yahoo Mail and Gmail
- 1.2 Remove or Delete message headers in Forwarded email
- 1.3 Adding a Message
- 1.4 Forwarding Email Attachments
- 1.5 Replying to Forwarded email
- 1.6 FAQs
- 1.7 Conclusion
Forwarding Email From an Email Client
Manual forwarding is also done on a per-message basis and is done via the person that receives the email. The main purpose is basically to share the email along with others. Forwarding is possible along with all email clients both desktop and web-based as well.
Whenever forwarding an email it is also possible to:
- You can add additional attachments or remove existing ones.
- Also, add a message and or modify the exiting message.
- Forward in order to multiple recipients.
Forwarding Examples Using Yahoo Mail and Gmail
- In order to forward an email in Yahoo mail open the message, and then use the three icons at the top of the message or the links at the bottom as well.
- Just tap forward and the forwarding message template opens for you in order to edit.
- You guys should notice that the subject field is inserted automatically and is also the original subject along with a prefix of FW:
- It is also normal to leave the subject field unchanged.
- You can enter the recipient address in the To field.
- You can also cc or bcc the message just as you guys can with any other message.
- The message body basically consists of the original message also including the message header from the original email.
- What is included relies on the email client, but mostly the email address of the original sender is shown and many times the addresses from and the cc field. (screenshot above for Yahoo)
- The Screenshot below actually shows the Forwarding message template whenever you forward an email in Gmail.
Notice that Gmail basically includes the complete message header in the message body, and doesn’t show the subject via default.
- You can edit the subject through tapping the drop-down arrow next to the To field.
Remove or Delete message headers in Forwarded email
Well, there are pros and cons of leaving or removing the address (original sender) from the forwarded message. If you guys leave it then the recipient also knows the mail address of the original sender. This may or not be a privacy issue actually. The recipient knows who sent the original message, and also so it shouldn’t get forwarded back to them in a loop. You guys should normally always remove the cc addresses if they are included or not.
Adding a Message
You should always add your own message in order to explain why you are forwarding the message. And what you guys expect the recipient to do (if anything).
Forwarding Email Attachments
- Whenever you forward an mail any attachments are normally forwarded via default.
- Most clients also permit you in order to remove them before forwarding them.
- You can also add new attachments if needed as well.
Don’t forward large attachments unless you guys really need to.
Replying to Forwarded email
If the recipient replies to the forwarded mail and then the reply goes to the person who forwarded the email, and not the original sender actually.
If you guys want to reply to the original sender then you will have to get the mail address of the original send from the message body as well.
Can I forward my Gmail email to Yahoo or outlook.com or vice versa
A- Yes they all support mail forwarding actually. This is Automatic mail forwarding as it is done via the mail server and not the mail client.
When I forward an email is it also sent to the original sender?
A- No it is is only sent to the recipients that you guys entered in the address fields
Whenever I reply to the original sender after forwarding an email message does the original sender see what I sent in the forwarded message?
A- Yes this can also happen and so you should be careful. The most likely cause is that most folks use conversations, and you may have to turn this off. See this Gmail forum response and also this Yahoo response.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!
Also See: How to Send a Blank Message on Discord