Well, Mojang Studios released Minecraft in November 2011 and it actually became a success soon after. Every month almost ninety-one million players log into the game. This is the largest player count if we compare it to other online games. It basically supports macOS, Windows, iOS, Android devices along with Xbox and PlayStation models. Just read this article to know all about How to Fix io netty channel abstractchannel annotatedconnectexception Error in Minecraft.
Many gamers have also reported the following error message:
Failed to connect to the server.io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection refused : no further information.
- 1 How to Fix io netty channel AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException Minecraft Error?
- 1.1 Make sure Correct IP Address and Port
- 1.2 Reset Internet Router
- 1.3 Restart Your Computer
- 1.4 Update Java Software
- 1.5 Turn off Windows Firewall Temporarily (Not Recommended)
- 1.6 Resolve Conflicts with VPN | Fix io netty channel
- 1.7 Check ISP Network Access
- 1.8 Check Port Filtering Feature | Fix io netty channel
- 1.9 Conclusion
How to Fix io netty channel AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException Minecraft Error?
The basic reason behind this error is the IP connectivity issue that has been explained below. Along with the secondary reasons for the same as well.
- IP Connectivity Issue: Whenever you try to connect to the game server and the IP address and/or IP port is incorrect as well. It will actually cause io.netty.channel error in Minecraft as well. Conflicts arise whenever IP addresses change and multiple users try connecting along with the same IP address. This error would be negligible if you guys use a static IP address, rather.
- Windows Firewall: Windows Firewall is basically an in-built application that acts like a filter i.e. It scans the information on the internet and also blocks the potentially harmful data from reaching the system. Because Windows Firewall is known to cause problems along with the functioning of trustworthy applications as well. That is why Minecraft might also be unable to connect to its server.
- Outdated Java Files: As Minecraft is based on Java programming, outdated Java files and game Launcher will then lead to io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException error. The only solution is just to update the game files regularly.
- Software Incompatibility: The official website of Minecraft basically hosts a list of software that is incompatible along with it. Click here to read the complete list of that. You will have to uninstall all these programs from your system to prevent issues with the game, altogether.
- Unavailability of the Port: Online data is actually communicated in packets from the sender port to the destination port. So, under normal circumstances, the above function works efficiently. However, in the case of multiple connection requests, there are queue and also take longer than usual. The unavailability of port, as well as port, is available. However, busy will trigger connection refused: no further information Minecraft error. The only solution is just to try connecting to the server after a few minutes.
Make sure Correct IP Address and Port
If you guys utilize a dynamic internet service, your IP address changes almost every few days. Hence, it becomes imperative to make sure the correct IP address and port adds to the Launcher. Just follow the below-mentioned steps to do that:
- Just type cmd in the Windows search bar. Tap on Run as administrator to open Command Prompt with administrative privileges.
- Then type: ipconfig and click on Enter, as depicted.
- Now note down the IPV4 Address displayed on the screen.
- Just navigate to Minecraft Servers folder > Maxwell (some random numbers) folder.
- Now, head to MinecraftServer.
- Then click on Server Properties (.txt file) just to open it. Note down the Server Port address from here.
- Next, open Minecraft and then head to the Play Multiplayer option.
- Tap on the Server you want to join and then, click Edit, as highlighted.
- The IPV4 address and the Server Port number should actually match the data noted in Step 4 and Step 8.
Note: The Server name may actually vary according to user preferences.
- At last, click on Done > Refresh.
Reset Internet Router
Just simply, reset your internet router, it can fix io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException error.
- Just unplug the router from the Power outlet actually.
- Now you have to wait for a while and then, reconnect the router.
- Check if the error is fixed or not. Else, tap on the Reset button of the router to reset all settings.
Restart Your Computer
- Most minor technical glitches are mostly fixed whenever you go for a restart or reboot process.
- Now navigate to the Start menu via tapping the Windows key.
- Tap on Power icon > Restart.
Update Java Software
Whenever you use the game Launcher in its latest version when Java files are outdated. A major conflict actually arises.
- Windows users mostly experience a standard Java.net.connectexception connection timed out with no further information error.
- Also, in order to join the Minecraft server, a Learn to Mod account is important. A common error that basically indicates the absence of Learn to Mod account is: Java.net connectexception Minecraft error
Both these errors can be rectified via updating your Java software to the latest version, as instructed below:
- Open Configure Java app via searching for it in the Windows Search bar.
- Now just switch to the Update tab in the Java Control Panel window.
- Then tick the box next to the Check for Updates Automatically option.
- From the Notify Me drop-down, just choose the Before Downloading option, as depicted.
- Here onwards, Java will then automatically look for updates and will notify you before downloading those.
- Now, tap on the Update Now button.
- If a new version of Java is actually available, then begin the downloading and installation process via following the on-screen instructions.
- Permit Java Updater to make changes to your PC.
- You guys have to follow the prompts to complete the process.
Turn off Windows Firewall Temporarily (Not Recommended)
This is basically an alternative to the above method of adding exceptions to the Firewall. Here, we shall turn off Windows Defender Firewall temporarily. In order to fix io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException in Minecraft as well.
- Open the Control Panel just like you did before.
- Choose the System and Security option.
- Here, tap on Windows Defender Firewall.
- Tap on the Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off option from the left panel.
- Now, just check the boxes; turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) for all types of network settings.
- Just reboot your system and check if the issue is fixed or not.
Resolve Conflicts with VPN | Fix io netty channel
Uninstall VPN Client
Since a VPN client masks your IP address, it may actually trigger the said error. Thus, uninstalling the VPN client might help to fix io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException error in Minecraft. In order to remove all the data and files associated along with the VPN client in one go. We have used Revo Uninstaller in this method as well.
- Install Revo Uninstaller from the official website via downloading FREE TRIAL or BUY.
- Just open Revo Uninstaller and then navigate to your VPN Client.
- Now, choose the VPN Client and tap on Uninstall from the top menu bar.
We have used Discord as an example in order to illustrate the steps for this method.
- Then check the box next to Make a System Restore Point before uninstalling and tap Continue in the pop-up prompt.
- Now, tap on Scan to show all the VPN files left in the registry.
- Next, click on Select all then after that just Delete.
- Tap on Yes in the confirmation prompt.
- Now make sure that all VPN files have deleted via repeating Step 5.
A prompt that says Revo uninstaller hasn’t found any leftover items should actually be displayed as depicted below.
- Just Restart the system after the VPN client and all its files are deleted completely.
Use a Trusted VPN Client
As informed earlier, the basic reason is the IP connectivity issue and hence, using a trusted VPN client to run the game is really important. If you still want to employ a VPN service, a few, that we recommend are below:
- ExpressVPN: It is Minecraft tested VPN service that actually ranks #1 in our list.
- SurfShark: This VPN is user-friendly and also cost-effective.
- Betternet: It basically offers a reliable VPN service, free of cost.
- NordVPN: It is really well suited for this sandbox game and gives quality service.
- VPNCity: It is actually the leading Military-Grade VPN service. We can also utilize it on iOS, Android, and macOS devices. This gives a super-fast streaming facility.
Check ISP Network Access
Additionally, you guys should verify if your Internet Service Provider (ISP) works efficiently or not. Your ISP might block network access to specific domains. That is why you are also unable to connect to the server as well. In this scenario, you can contact your Internet Service Provider along with this problem. Further, you might be able to fix the io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException in Minecraft along with a network update.
Check Port Filtering Feature | Fix io netty channel
Even though port forwarding is working just fine on your system, the port filtering feature may also create a conflict. Let us first understand what these terms basically mean.
- Port Filtering is actually an action that permits you to allow or block specific ports that are performing a specific operation.
- Port Forwarding is a process with which external devices can be connected to private networks via connecting the external port to the internal IP address and port of the device as well.
You guys can solve this conflict in the following ways:
- Make sure the port filtering option is turned off.
- If it is on, just make sure that the correct ports filter.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!