Facebook is actually one of the services that have formed a part of our lives. Millions of users all over the world use Facebook to connect along with their friends, relatives, colleagues, co-workers, and a lot more people. It is undoubtedly the largest social network platform around the world with up to 2.5 billion monthly active users. While people generally don’t experience an issue along with Facebook, many people sometimes face issues along with the Facebook service. Just read this article to know all about How to Fix Facebook Not Loading Properly.
They experience problems along with loading the Facebook platform, either through the Facebook application or via their browsers as well. If you are one of them, and then you guys have certainly landed on the correct platform. Is your Facebook not working properly as well? We can also help you fix it. Yes! We are here to help you fix this issue along with these ways in order to Fix problems with Facebook not loading properly.
- 1 How to Fix Facebook Not Loading Properly
- 1.1 Check if Facebook is down
- 1.2 Facebook issue
- 1.3 Clear Cookies and Cache data | facebook not loading properly
- 1.4 Checking the Date and Time of your computer
- 1.5 Try out a different browser | facebook not loading properly
- 1.6 Updating your browser application
- 1.7 Change the HTTP://
- 1.8 Try to restart your device | facebook not loading properly
- 1.9 Try to restart your modem or router
- 1.10 Disable VPN | facebook not loading properly
- 1.11 Update your Operating System
- 1.12 Check the Add-ons and Extensions of Browser
- 1.13 Check the Proxy Settings | facebook not loading properly
- 1.14 Enable auto-update
- 1.15 Check your Security software
- 1.16 Clear Cache | facebook not loading properly
- 1.17 Fix Facebook notification errors
- 1.18 Reinstall the Facebook app
- 1.19 Other useful techniques
- 1.20 Conclusion
How to Fix Facebook Not Loading Properly
Check if Facebook is down
You guys might not be the only ones having problems along with Facebook! If the social network isn’t working for you, then maybe it’s a site-wide issue. You could also try to use Facebook using another browser or device, and see if it’s working elsewhere. Otherwise, you can check on a website like Down Detector, which will let you know if there’s a problem with Facebook or not. If there is, there’s nothing you can do but wait it out as well.
You can also access Facebook from a variety of devices. Let it be your Android phone, iPhone, or also your personal computer, Facebook works fine along with all these. However, the problem arises when your Facebook stops loading properly. A lot of users reported this issue as well. In order to fix this issue, first, check if this issue is with your device actually.
Clear Cookies and Cache data | facebook not loading properly
If you guys use Facebook in your browser, then this might help in solving your issue as well. Many times the cache files of your browser can stop a website from loading properly as well. You should clear the cached data of your browser frequently to prevent this.
To clear Cookies and Cached data,
- First of all, you have to open the browsing history from the Settings. You can do it from the menu or via pressing Ctrl + H (which works along with most of the browsers).
- Select the Clear Browsing Data (or Clear Recent History) option.
- Then choose the Time Range as All time and Select the respective checkboxes in order to delete cookies and cached files.
- Tap on Clear Data.
This will basically clear your cookies and cached files. Now try loading Facebook. You can also adopt the same procedure if you guys use it in an Android browser application.
Checking the Date and Time of your computer
If your computer runs on an improper date or time, then you cannot load Facebook. Almost all the websites need the proper date and time to be set on your computer in order to work properly. Try to set the proper Date and Time and adjust to the correct Time zone in order to load Facebook properly.
You can also adjust your Date and Time from the Settings as well.
Try out a different browser | facebook not loading properly
If you guys think that the problem is with your browser, then try loading Facebook in a different browser. You can also use a number of browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Opera, and a lot more than that. See if you’re able to fix Problems along with Facebook not loading properly on different browsers actually.
Updating your browser application
If you guys try to use Facebook in an outdated browser, then it won’t load. So, you should update your browser first in order to continue along with uninterrupted browsing. The older versions of your browser can possibly have bugs actually. These bugs can also stop you from visiting your favorite sites. You guys can download the latest versions of your browser from the official website of your browser. Some of the official websites of famous browsers are here.
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
- UC Browser
Change the HTTP://
This can also help you out. You have to change the http:// with https:// before the URL in the address bar. Although it takes some time to load, and the page will load properly.
Try to restart your device | facebook not loading properly
A lot of time, a simple restart can be the solution to your problem. Try to restart your device and check if the problem persists.
Try to restart your modem or router
You can also try restarting your modem or router as well. This too can also help. Just Power Off the modem or router actually. Then Power On in order to restart the router or modem.
Disable VPN | facebook not loading properly
If you guys use a Virtual Private Network (VPN), try switching it off. VPN can also cause this error as they change your location data. A lot of users have reported that people have an issue that Facebook is not working properly when the VPN is on actually. So you guys have to Disable the VPN in order to fix Problems with Facebook not loading properly.
Update your Operating System
If you guys use an older version of an operating system (e.g. Android or iOS). Then it is time that you upgrade to a newer version of the Operating System as well. Many times outdated versions of your Operating System can stop some websites from working properly as well.
Check the Add-ons and Extensions of Browser
Each and every browser has some special features known as extensions or Add-ons. Many times, a particular add-on can block you from accessing the Facebook site. Try to upgrade the add-ons or disable them for a while. Just check if the problem persists.
Check the Proxy Settings | facebook not loading properly
The Proxy settings of your computer can also be a reason for this issue as well. You can also try resetting the Proxy settings of your PC.
For Mac Users:
- First of all, open the Apple menu, choose System Preferences and then choose Network
- Choose the network service (Wi-Fi or Ethernet, for example)
- Tap on Advanced, and then choose Proxies
For Windows Users:
- In the Run command (Windows key + R), and then type/paste the following command.
reg add “HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings” /v ProxyEnable /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
- Choose OK
- Again, you have to open the Run
- Type or paste this command.
reg delete “HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings” /v ProxyServer /f
- In order to reset the Proxy settings, tap on OK.
Make sure that you guys enable auto-update for the Facebook app in the Google Play Store. This automatically updates your app and then also saves you from encountering loading errors.
To turn on auto-update,
- You have to search for Facebook in the Google Play Store.
- Tap on the Facebook app.
- Then click on the menu available in the top-right of the Play Store.
- You have to check the Enable auto-update
Check your Security software
A lot of time Internet Security software applications can also cause this issue. You can try to disable them for a while and reloading Facebook. Make sure that your Internet Security Software is up-to-date actually. If not, then just update it first.
Clear Cache | facebook not loading properly
You can also clear the cached data of your application and then restart the application in order to fix this issue.
In order to clear Cached data,
- Head to Settings.
- Just select Apps (or Applications) from the Settings
- Scroll down and then tap on Facebook.
- Choose the Storage
- Click on the Clear Cache option in order to get rid of cached data.
Fix Facebook notification errors
Notifications also keep you updated on what is happening on Facebook. If your Facebook application does not prompt you along with notifications, you can turn on the notifications through following these simple steps.
- Head to Settings.
- Select Apps (or Applications) from the Settings
- Then scroll down and click on Facebook.
- Click on the Notifications
- Then toggle the Show notifications
Reinstall the Facebook app
You can also try to uninstall the Facebook app and install it again as well. Whenever you reinstall the app, and the app gets its files from scratch and thus bugs are fixed as well. Try to reinstall the application and check whether you’re able to fix Facebook not loading properly issue as well.
Other useful techniques
Some of the methods said under the previous section in order to fix issues with the browser can also work along with the application.
- Turning off VPN as well
- Switching between Wi-Fi and also cellular data
- Now restart your device
- Updating your Operating System as well
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!
Leave a Comment