Well, the name Facebook hardly needs an introduction. It is the most famous social media website in the globe. Facebook is actually the only place where you can find active accounts belonging to folks aged 8 to 80. Folks from various walks of life are drawn towards Facebook since it has relatable content for everyone. What started as a simple website in order to connect and then catch up. Along with your long-lost school friends or distant cousins has evolved into a living, breathing worldwide community. Facebook has been successful in demonstrating how powerful social media and influential social media actually are. It has given a platform to a lot of talented artists, musicians, dancers, comedians, actors, as well. Just read this article, we are going to talk about How to Fix Facebook Home Page Won’t Load.
Facebook also has been used extensively via activists all around the world to raise awareness and bring justice as well. It has been a key factor in building a global community that actually comes forward to aid one another at times of distress. Each and every day people get to learn something new as well as find someone they had long given up hopes of seeing again. Plus all these great things Facebook has also managed to achieve. It is also a really great place to be for your daily dose of entertainment as well.
There is hardly anyone in this world who actually has never used Facebook. But, just like every other app or website, Facebook can malfunction at times as well. The really common problem is that Facebook’s home page won’t load properly as well.
- 1 How to Fix Facebook Home Page Won’t Load on Computer
- 2 How to Fix Facebook Home Page not loading on Android
How to Fix Facebook Home Page Won’t Load on Computer
If you guys are trying to open Facebook from a PC, then you are most probably doing it using a browser such as Chrome or Firefox. A lot of factors might cause Facebook not to open properly. It could be because of old cache files and cookies, just incorrect date and time settings, poor internet connectivity, as well. In this section, we are going to deal along with each of these probable causes of the Facebook Home Page not loading properly.
Clear Cache, Cookies, and Browsing Data
Many times old cache files, cookies, and browsing history can actually cause problems whenever loading websites. These old files collected over time pile up and mostly get corrupted. As a result, it interferes along with the normal functioning of the browser. Whenever you guys feel that your browser is getting slow and pages aren’t loading properly, you have to clear your browsing data. Just follow the steps below to see how:
- First of all, open Google Chrome on your PC.
- Now click on the menu button and choose More tools from the drop-down menu.
- After that, tap on the Clear browsing data option.
- Now under the time range, choose the All-time option and click on the Clear Data button.
- Then check if the Facebook home page is also loading properly or not.
Check Date and Time Settings
The date and time on your PC play an important role whenever browsing the internet. If the date and time displayed on your PC are incorrect, then it might lead to different kinds of problems as well. Facebook’s home page not loading properly is definitely one of them as well. Make sure that you guys double-check the date and time on your computer before processing along with the other solutions.
Use HTTPS rather than HTTP | Facebook Home Page
The ‘S’ in the end stands for security. Whenever opening Facebook on your browser, then take a look at the URL and see if it is using HTTP:// or HTTPS://. If the Facebook home screen won’t open normally, then it is probably because of the HTTP extension. It would also help if you replaced that along with HTTPS. Doing this might take longer to load the home screen, however, it will at least work properly.
The reason behind this problem is that a secure browser isn’t really available for Facebook for all devices. Such as, it is not available for the Facebook app. In case you guys have Facebook set to browse in a secure mode. Then using the HTTP:// extension will also lead to an error. Thus, you must always use the HTTPS:// extension whenever using Facebook on your PC. You guys can also turn this offsetting for Facebook, which will allow you to open Facebook ordinarily irrespective of the wing. Just follow the steps below in order to see how.
- First of all, open Facebook on your PC and log in to your account.
- Then tap on the Account menu and choose Account Settings.
- There, just navigate to the Account Security section and tap on the Change button.
- Now after that, simply disable the “Browse Facebook on a secure connection (HTTPS) whenever possible” option as well.
- At last, click on the Save button and then exit the Settings.
- You guys will now be able to open Facebook normally even if the extension is HTTP.
Make sure that your Internet is working properly
Another really common reason behind the Facebook Home page not loading is a slow internet connection. It would help if you guys made sure that you are connected to the Wi-Fi network. Along with a stable and strong internet connection. At times, we don’t even realize that the internet connection is down actually. The easiest way to check it out is just to open YouTube and then see if a video plays without buffering or not. If it does not work, then just try disconnecting and then reconnecting to the Wi-Fi network. If that doesn’t really solve the problem, you have to restart the router, and that should do it as well.
Try a different Web Browser
If none of the above methods work then, you can also try to use a different browser. There are many excellent browsers available for Windows and MAC. Some of the best browsers are Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer, as well. If you are currently using any one of them, then just try opening Facebook on a different browser.
How to Fix Facebook Home Page not loading on Android
A good majority of folks access Facebook through the mobile app that is available on the Google Play Store and App Store. Just like every other app, Facebook also comes along with its share of bugs, glitches, and errors. One such common error is that its actual homepage won’t load properly. It’ll then get stuck at the loading screen as well as a freeze on a blank grey screen. But, thankfully many easy solutions will also help you fix this problem. So, without any further delay, let’s now start.
Check available Internal Storage
Facebook is one of those apps that need a decent amount of free storage in the internal memory to work properly. If you guys notice carefully, then you will also see that Facebook occupies almost 1 GB of storage space on your device. Although the app is just more than 100 MB at the time of download, it then continues to grow in size storing lots of data and cache files. Thus, there must be an ample amount of free space available in the internal memory in order to meet the storage requirements of Facebook. It is always advisable to keep at least 1GB of internal memory free at all times for apps in order to work properly. Just follow the steps below to check available internal storage.
- First of all, you have to open Settings on your device.
- Now, scroll down and then click on the Storage option.
- There, you guys will be able to see how much Internal storage space has been used up and also get an exact idea of what is really taking up all the space.
- The easiest way in order to clear your internal memory is just to delete old and unused apps.
- You guys can also delete media files after backing them up on the cloud or a PC.
Make sure that the internet is working properly
As explained in the case of PC, a slow internet connection could be responsible for the Facebook home page, not loading properly. Just follow the same steps as described above in order to check if the internet is working properly or not and how you can fix it.
Update the App | Facebook Home Page
The very first thing that you have to do is to make sure that the app is updated to its latest version. An app update comes with many bug fixes and also optimizes the performance of the app. Thus, it is possible that the new update will fix this problem, and then Facebook won’t get stuck on the home page. Just follow the steps below to update the app.
- Head to Playstore.
- On the top left-hand side, you guys will now find three horizontal lines. Tap on them.
- Now just tap on the “My Apps and Games” option.
- Just search for Facebook and then check if there are any pending updates.
- If yes, then tap on the update button.
- When the app has been updated, just check if the problem persists or not.
Log out of the Facebook App and then Log in again
Well, another possible fix for this problem would be logging out of your account and then just logging in again. It is a really simple yet effective trick that can also fix the problem of the Facebook home page, not loading properly. Just follow the steps below to see how.
- First, just open the Facebook app on your device.
- Now click on the menu icon (three horizontal lines) on the top right-hand side of the screen as well.
- There, scroll down and click on the Log out option.
- When you guys have been logged out of your app, just restart your device.
- Now open the app again and then log in with your username and password.
- Just check if the problem persists or not.
Clear Cache and Data for Facebook | Facebook Home Page
All apps store data in the form of cache files. Some basic data is actually saved so that when opened, the app can also display something quickly. It is meant to decrease the startup time of any app. Many times residual cache files get corrupted and then cause the app to malfunction. And clearing the cache and data for the app can also solve the problem. Just do not worry; deleting cache files will not cause any harm to your app as well. New cache files will automatically get generated again as well. Just follow the steps below in order to delete the cache files for Facebook.
- Head to the Settings of your phone then click on the Apps option.
- Now choose Facebook from the list of apps.
- Then click on the Storage option.
- You will now see the options in order to clear data and clear cache. Click on the respective buttons, and then the said files will be deleted as well.
- Then exit settings and try to use Facebook again.
- As the cache files have been deleted then you will have to log in again using your credentials.
- Now just check if the home page is loading correctly or not as well.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!