Well, online dating applications are all the rage along with a new app launching up each and every single week. Each of them basically has its own charm or gimmick in order to attract a loyal user base. Facebook, the social media and networking company, that actually started as a site showing pictures of two individuals. And asking their users to select the ‘hotter’ one did not shy away from claiming their piece of this pie. Also, thrusting themselves into the 3 billion dollars dating industry as well. So, they started their own dating service, conveniently named Facebook Dating, in September of 2018. Just read this article to know all about How to Fix Facebook Dating is Unavailable.
This mobile-only service that first launched in Colombia and it gradually expanded in Canada and Thailand in the following October as well. Along with plans for a launch in 14 other countries in place. Facebook Dating made a grand entrance in Europe in 2020 and also partially launched in the United States in 2019.
Well, thanks to the dating feature built in the main Facebook application, it actually boasts a huge user base. Such as, in the United States, Facebook actually has a total user base of 229 million. It is also an estimated of 32.72 million individuals are already via its dating feature. In spite of its massive user base and backing from the ultimate tech giant, Facebook Dating also has its own share of reported problems. May it is their frequent application crashes as well as users not being able to find the Dating feature entirely.
- 1 How to Fix Facebook Dating is Unavailable
- 1.1 Check Your Network Connection
- 1.2 Turn on the Location Services
- 1.3 Update the Facebook application
- 1.4 Restart Your Device | Facebook Dating is Unavailable
- 1.5 Turn ON Facebook’s App Notification
- 1.6 You are not allowed to use Facebook Dating
- 1.7 Clear Facebook App Cache | Facebook Dating is Unavailable
- 1.8 Uninstall then reinstall the Facebook app | Facebook Dating is Unavailable
- 1.9 Conclusion
Facebook dating is also available in some countries on iOS and Android devices. Enabling and then accessing this service is really easy since you only need a Facebook account. You need to follow these steps to enable Facebook’s Dating service:
- First of all, open the Facebook application and click on the Hamburger menu that is present at the top-right corner of your social feed.
- Now scroll through and click on ‘Dating’. Follow the on-screen instructions in order to continue.
- After following the setup instructions, now you will be asked to share your location and select a photo. Facebook will then automatically generate your profile via the information on your account.
- Just customize your profile through adding more information, photos or posts.
- Click on ‘Done’ once you are satisfied.
Check Your Network Connection
This is also a no-brainer, however, users still underestimaüte the importance of a smooth and steady internet connection. You guys can easily rule out this possibility via double-checking your connection’s speed and strength (Ookla Speed Test) as well. If you guys are unable to connect to the internet, then troubleshoot the Wi-Fi network yourself as well as contact your ISP.
Turn on the Location Services
Facebook Dating, just like every other dating application, needs your location in order to show you profiles of potential matches around you. This is actually based on your distance preferences and also your current geographical location. The latter of which needs your location services to be configured as well. These are generally configured whenever enabling the Dating feature. If location permissions aren’t granted or the location services are disabled, then the application can malfunction.
In order to turn on location permissions in an Android device:
- Head to your Phone’s Settings menu and click on ‘Apps & Notification’.
- Then scroll through the list of applications and now locate Facebook.
- Just inside Facebook’s application information, click on ‘Permissions’ and then ‘Location’.
- In the subsequent menu, you have to make sure that the location services are enabled. If not, then just tap on “Allow all the time“.
Now you need to check if you’re able to fix Facebook dating is not working. If not, then just continue to the next method.
For iOS devices, follow this method:
- Head to your phone’s home screen and click on Settings.
- Just scroll through in order to find the ‘Privacy’ settings.
- Choose the ‘Location Services’ and click to enable this setting if it is disabled.
Update the Facebook application
Well, keeping an application up to date is really important to access brand-new and improved features as well. More importantly, updates can also fix bugs that may be causing an application to mostly crash. They usually also fix any security issue that may also be hindering an application and avoiding it from functioning smoothly. Hence, using the newest possible version of an application is a must for the best overall experience as well.
To check if the application is updated on Android, Just follow the below process:
- Just open the Google Play Store application on your mobile device.
- Click on the Menu button or the Hamburger menu icon, mostly located to the top-left.
- Choose the ‘My apps & games’ option.
- Now in the ‘Updates’ tab, you can either click on the ‘Update All’ button and update all the installed applications at once or only click on the ‘Update’ button located next to Facebook.
In order to keep the application up to date on an iOS device:
- You need to open the built-in App Store application.
- Now, click on the ‘Updates’ tab located at the very bottom.
- When you are in the Updates section, you can either then tap on the ‘Update All’ button located on the top or only update Facebook.
Turning a device off and then on again may seem really simple of a solution for any and all tech problems. However, it is surprisingly effective. Restarting the device basically refreshes all the behind the scene activities that may be interfering along with the Facebook application.
Turn ON Facebook’s App Notification
If you guys have accidentally disabled app notifications, then Facebook will not really update you on your activities. If you guys have turned off all the notifications for your device from Facebook. Then you will have to make an exception to fix this issue.
To turn on Push notifications for Facebook, just follow the steps below:
- You have to open the Facebook application on your device and click on the Menu option. In the following menu, just click on the ‘Settings and Privacy’ button.
- Now, click on the ‘Settings’ option.
- Just scroll down to find ‘Notification Settings’ located that is under the ‘Notifications’ section.
- Here, just focus on Facebook Dating-specific notifications and then adjust which ones you would like to receive.
You are not allowed to use Facebook Dating
Facebook permits its Dating services only for users above the age of 18. So, if you guys are a minor, you won’t be able to find the option in order to log in to Facebook Dating until your 18th birthday.
Caches are actually hidden temporary files saved on your device to help reduce load times. When you navigate through an application. They are necessary for the smooth functioning of any application, however, occasionally, they malfunction and actually disrupt the application from working as well. This especially is the case whenever the cache files are corrupt as well as have built up immensely. Clearing them will not only clear up some important storage space, however, also speed up your load time and also help your app operate faster.
Follow the method below in order to clear cache files in any Android Device:
- First of all, just open the Settings application on your mobile device.
- Click on ‘Apps & notifications in the settings menu.
- You guys will find a list of all the applications installed on your device, just go through the list to find Facebook.
- In Facebook’s App Info screen, you need to click on ‘Storage’ to view how the storage space is being consumed.
- Then click on the button labeled ‘Clear Cache’. Now, check if the Cache size is displaying as 0B or not.
In order to clear the cache on an iPhone, follow these steps:
- Click on your iPhone’s Settings application.
- You guys will find a list of all your current applications, just scroll down to find Facebook, and click on it.
- Now in-app settings, just turn on the ‘Reset cached Content’ slider.
This may actually seem drastic, but it is surprisingly useful. A lot of time, there may be a problem with the application’s settings. Thus, by reinstalling the application you guys essentially start from scratch.
To uninstall the application, the easiest way is just to long-press on the app’s icon in the app drawer and then directly uninstall from the pop-up menu. Just like that, you can pay a visit to the Settings menu and then uninstall the application from there.
Alright, folks, I hope you like this article and understand now. If you have any issues and queries related to it, just comment down and let us know.