This guide is about Exodus Kodi Favorites. The Serious Kodi users can also amass quite a dizzying collection of add-ons and content. So, Thankfully, the Favorites function is there to make life easier. Also, we show you how to maximize its utility and also organize your streaming binges effectively. Now, It will only take a few minutes, so read on!
In case, if you are looking for a quick and easy way to access your frequently viewed media in Kodi. After that, you should check out the Favourites function. However this function is included by default in Kodi, not all users know about it or know how to use it. But the favorites function is a really useful way of having the items that you most often want to access. This is also available right on your Kodi home screen.
Then you can use this function to add movies, TV show episodes, and music from your library to your favorites. Also, you can add content from your add-ons too. This makes it helpful when there’s a show which you watch regularly through an add-on. Then you also want to be able to access that show without having to navigate through the add-on menu each time.
So, Today we’re going to show you how to use favorites in Kodi, including how to add an item to your favorites and how to access those favorites using skins.
- 1 Exodus Kodi Favorites: Why It’s Advisable To Get A VPN When Using Kodi
- 2 Ways To Add Something To Your Favourites In Kodi
- 3 Ways To Access Your Exodus Kodi Favorites:
- 4 Ways To Access Your Favourites From Other Skins
- 5 Ways To Change Your Kodi Skin To One That Supports Favourites
Exodus Kodi Favorites: Why It’s Advisable To Get A VPN When Using Kodi
However the Kodi software itself is fully legal to use, many add-ons are not created by official Kodi. Also, developers and can allow you to access copyrighted content illegally. In case, if you get caught using an add-on for Kodi to stream content illegally. Now, you could also face a fine or prosecution, or you could be kicked off your ISP’s network.
In case, if you are going to use add-ons, then it is advisable to get a VPN. Now, This is a piece of software that you will also install onto your Kodi device. After that encrypts all of the data that your device sends over the internet. So, This encryption means that no one can see what sites you have been accessing. Also, what content you may have been streaming, which keeps you safe.
The NordVPN – Best VPN for Kodi:
This is also possible to be tempted to go with a free VPN. It is even a proxy service to up your Kodi game, but this is perilous. Apart from this, you have to go with NordVPN, then the top VPN on the market. Also available for less than the cost of a cup of coffee per month. This will, Unlike free services, NordVPN features the latest in privacy provisions. It will name the unbreakable NordLynx protocol, with its 256-bit AES encryption cipher. So, This is the same level of security used by the NSA, so suffice it to say it is plenty strong for keeping your Kodi traffic anonymous.
So, What’s more, it enables private access to over 5,800 servers in 59 countries. That vastly expands Kodi’s capability to stream international content. Just By “spoofing” your IP address, you fool sites, services, and apps into serving you content. However, you were a resident of that country. It also works to disguise your traffic from your ISP. Also, shielding you from the grossly unfair practice of throttling Kodi traffic.
Having More content, buffer-free streams, and total privacy–sounds great, right? The NordVPN offers this and more, with an array of specialty servers optimized for browsing Tor. Also, downloading P2P files, shielding gaming sessions from DDoS attacks, and much more. Then Built-in DNS leak protection and a strong no-logging policy. Now ensure your unencrypted data never falls into the wrong hands–or anyone’s hands other than yours.
- Very fast speeds make this a strong choice for 4K streaming
- 5,400+ servers globally
- Tor over VPN, double VPN
- Based in Panama
- 24/7 Customer Service.
- Apps can sometimes be slow to connect.
Ways To Add Something To Your Favourites In Kodi
When you’re browsing your library or an add-on and there’s a particular item that you want to come back to later – it could be a movie, a TV show, an episode, or an album or track – then it’s easy to add that item to your favorites. This will make it very quick for you to find that item later. Here’s how to add an item to your favorites:
- Find the item that you want to add. For example, maybe there’s a movie that you love to rewatch. In this case, go to Movies and then locate the movie that you want to add to your favorites
- Right-click on the item to bring up the context menu. If you’re not using a mouse, then navigate using your keyboard or remote control by using the arrow keys until the item in question is highlighted. Then press the c key
- This brings up a menu with options for working on that movie or other item. Go through the context menu until you find Add to favorites. Click this
- Now your item has been added to your favorites and you can quickly access it from your home screen
- If you want to add a music track to your favorites instead of a movie, you do the same thing. Navigate to the particular track you want, then right-click or press c and select Add to favorites
- You can also use this same process to add an item from an add-on to your favorites. When you’re browsing through an add-on and you find a TV series you want to easily access, for example, right-click or press c on the name of the series and use Add to favorites
Ways To Access Your Exodus Kodi Favorites:
When you have added a bunch of items to your exodus Kodi favorites. Then you can quickly access these items for convenience. You have To access favorites using the default skin for Kodi version 17, Estuary, you just follow these instructions:
- Start on your Kodi home page
- Look at the main menu which is on the left of the screen
- At the bottom of the main menu is an item that says Favourites and has an image of a star next to it
- Click on Favourites to show your favorite items. You can now click on any item to be taken straight to that item in your library or an add-on.
Ways To Access Your Favourites From Other Skins
The favorites function is built into Kodi, meaning that you will always be able to add items to your favorite menu, no matter what skin you are using. However, only some skins have easy links for you to access your favorites from your home screen, making these skins preferable for people who want to use favorites. If your skin doesn’t support favorites, then below we’ll show you a few of our favorite skins which do support the favorites function.
Confluence Exodus Kodi Favorites:
Confluence is the default skin for Kodi up to version 16 (Jarvis), although if you’re on version 17 (Krypton) then you may want to install the Confluence skin. Unlike the Estuary skin that comes in version 17, Confluence uses a large banner menu across the middle of the screen rather than a static menu on the left. If you’re using Confluence, you’ll find that it has a menu option for favorites already installed.
You have To access your favorites in Confluence, you need to select the star icon in the far bottom left. You can get there by using the up and down keys on your keyboard or your remote control. Click on the star icon and a panel showing your favorite items will slide in from the right. Click on a favorite and you will be taken to that media file in your library or to that place in an add-on.
Aeon Nox Exodus Kodi Favorites:
Another very popular skin is Aeon Nox, which is a space-based theme that is based on Confluence. It is based on Confluence, so it has a similar feel to that skin, but the options are more flexible and there are more attractive graphics that come pre-installed with the skin. If you love sci-fi and want attractive skin with lots of options, then Aeon Nox is a good one to try.
Favorites are also enabled in the Aeon Nox skin. To access your favorites, you need to use the arrow keys to move along the options on the main menu. Near the end of the menu, after the power settings and before the weather section, you’ll see a menu item labeled Favourites. Click on this item and a popup box will appear which displays your favorite items inside. You can click any item to go straight to it.
A very beautiful skin that also supports favorites is Arctic: Zephyr. This skin is all in shades of white and grey and has a clean, elegant look which makes it ideal for someone who is looking for a minimalist and elegant style for their Kodi.
By default, favorites are not shown on the home screen of Arctic: Zephyr. However, you can customize the home screen to show favorites in the main menu if you want to. To do this, follow these instructions:
- Start on your Kodi home page
- Go to Settings
- Go to Skin settings
- Select Home on the left-hand menu and then select Customise home menu from the right-hand menu
- To add a new item, click the icon that looks like a plus
- Click on Choose Item For Menu
- Go to Common, then click on Favourites
- Exit out of the skin settings dialogue and go back to your home screen
- You’ll see that Favourites is now an option in your menu
- When you click on Favourites a popup listing your favorite items will appear
Ways To Change Your Kodi Skin To One That Supports Favourites
If you want to install one of these skins so that you can access your favorites from your home screen, then you just need to go through a simple process. In the Interface settings section of the settings category, you’ll find a Skin dialogue where you can easily download new skins and swap from one skin to another. There are lots more skins here than the few we’ve mentioned, so you can experiment with different skins to see if they support favorites and give you the look that you want. Here’s how to download and install skins for Kodi:
- Start on your Kodi home page
- Go to settings
- Go to Interface settings
- Select Skin from the menu on the left
- Find the entry for Skin in the box on the right
- Click on Skin and a popup will appear showing all of your currently installed skins
- Now click on the Get more… button on the right
- You’ll see a list of skins. Select the skin you want: Confluence, Aeon Nox, or the Arctic: Zephyr. Click on the title and it will start to install
- Wait a minute until the installation is complete
- Confirm that you want to keep the change
- Now your Kodi will have skin and your favorites can be easily accessed from the home page.
Favorites are a really useful way to be able to quickly access items in exodus Kodi favorites. You could use this feature to have an album that you love ready to play whenever you want, or you can use it to access the TV shows that you watch regularly, or to access files that are on your to-watch list. Favorites are a built-in function of Kodi, but because not all skins support them, some people don’t know about this feature.
If you want to use exodus Kodi favorites, then it’s best to install one of the skins we have mentioned above or to install another skin that supports favorites. This is the quickest way to have your favorites accessible right from your home screen. Some skins, like Arctic: Zephyr, do support favorites but the option is not available on the home screen by default. In this case, you can use the customize home screen dialogue in the skin settings section to add an option for your favorites to your home screen. In other skins, like Estuary, Confluence, and Aeon Nox, a menu option for accessing favorites is available by default.
Do you use the favorites function in Kodi, or is there another way that you like to keep track of your favorite media items? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.