There is actually no introduction required for Microsoft Excel and its real importance in our daily lives. We all use Microsoft Office programs for a lot of purposes. But, many times it causes problems because of some technical issues. One of the most common problems that users actually face is OLE action error. You guys might be thinking about what this error means and how it actually occurs. If you guys are experiencing this problem, let us now help you in order to fix this problem. We have covered each and everything related to this error in this article, from its definition, causes of error, and how you can solve it. So just keep reading and find out how you can solve the ‘Microsoft Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action’ error.
- 1 What is Microsoft Excel OLE Action Error?
- 2 Excel is Waiting for Another Application to Complete an Ole
What is Microsoft Excel OLE Action Error?
We should start along with understanding what OLE stands for. It is Object Linking and Embedding action, that is developed via Microsoft to let the office application interacts along with other programs. It permits an editing program to send a part of the document to many other apps and import them back along with additional content. Did you guys understand what exactly it is and how it actually works? Let us now share an example in order to make it more understandable.
For example: When you guys are working on Excel and want to interact along with PowerPoint at the same time for adding more content. It is OLE that also sends the command and waits for PowerPoint to respond so that these two program interacts along with each other.
How does this ‘Microsoft Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action occurs?
This error occurs whenever the response does not come within the specified time as well. When Excel sends the command and did not really get respond within the stipulated time, it also shows an OLE action error.
Causes of this error:
Eventually, there are actually three major causes of this problem:
- Adding an innumerable number of add-ins to the application and also some of them are corrupted.
- Whenever Microsoft Excel try opening file created in another application as well as trying to get data from an active one.
- Using Microsoft Excel ‘Send as Attachment’ option in order to send Excel sheet in an email.
Excel is Waiting for Another Application to Complete an Ole
One of the solutions is just to “Reboot Your System” and try again. A lot of time after closing all apps and restarting your systems may also solve this OLE action error. In case, the problem persists, you guys can try one or more methods given below in order to solve the problem.
Activate/Enable the ‘Ignore other applications that use DDE’ feature
Many times it happens that because of DDE (Dynamic Data Exchange) feature this problem occurs. Thus, enabling the ignore option for the feature may also solve the problem.
- First, open the Excel sheet and navigate to the File menu option, and tap on Options.
- In the new window dialogue box, you have to click on the ‘Advanced’ tab and scroll down to the ‘General’ option.
- Here you guys will find ‘Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE)‘. You have to checkmark this option to enable this feature.
With doing this, the application may also start working for you. You guys can restart the Excel and try again.
Use different ways to attach Excel Workbook | excel is waiting
The third most common cause of OLE action error is just trying to use Excel “Send Using Mail” feature. Thus, it is recommended to try out another method in order to attach Excel workbook in an email. You guys can attach the Excel file in an email via Hotmail or Outlook or any other email app.
By adopting one or more above-mentioned methods, the OLE action problem will also be solved. But if you guys still experience this problem, then you can go ahead and opt for the Microsoft Repair tool.
Use Microsoft Excel Repair Tool
You guys can use the recommended Microsoft Excel Repair tool, that repairs corrupt and damaged files in Excel. This tool will also restore all corrupt and damaged files. With the help of this tool, then you can get the problem solved automatically as well.
Disable all Add-ins
As we all discussed above, that add-ins are another major cause of this error, so disabling add-ins may also solve this problem for you.
- First of all, open Excel Menu, navigate to File, and then Options.
- In the new Windows dialogue box, you guys will find the Add-ins option on the left side panel and tap on it.
- At the bottom of this dialogue box, choose Excel Add-ins and tap on the Go button, it will also populate all Add-ins.
- Now uncheck all the boxes next to add-ins and tap on OK
This will turn off all the add-ins thus reducing the load on the application. Then try to restart the app and check if you’re able to Fix the Excel OLE action error.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!