In Microsoft Windows sharing the same network permits to access the files and data on each other’s PC without connecting them along with the ethernet cable. However, sometimes if you guys are hosting your computer on the network then you might see the message saying “Error code: 0x80070035. The network path was not found”. So, just read this to know all about How to Fix Error code 0x80070035 in Windows. Let’s start!
Well, there is a lot of reason as to why you guys may be seeing this error code. However, mainly it is caused because of Antivirus or Firewall blocking the resources. Anyway, without wasting any further time let’s see how you can actually Fix Error code 0x80070035 The network path was not found along with the below-listed troubleshooting guide.
- 1 What does error code 0x80070035 mean?
- 2 How to Fix Error code 0x80070035 in Windows
- 2.1 Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
- 2.2 Temporarily Disable Antivirus and Firewall
- 2.3 Turn ON Network Discovery
- 2.4 Delete Hidden Network Adapters
- 2.5 Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP
- 2.6 Change Network Security settings | Error code 0x80070035
- 2.7 Manually enter all PC’s username and passwords over the network
- 2.8 Reset TCP/IP | Error code 0x80070035
- 2.9 Make sure your drive is shared
- 2.10 Conclusion
What does error code 0x80070035 mean?
Most of the time, each error comes with a code and a message containing some details of the failure to easily identify what really malfunctioned. In this case, they pinpoint the problem of network connectivity issues that basically arise whenever your device can’t find the trail of a network that it is actually connected to.
Even if this is actually an important detail, keep in mind that the error can also occur from different causes and in different locations within the operating system actually. Due to this, it is really difficult for a person without technical knowledge as well as experience to fix the issue without even any help.
How to Fix Error code 0x80070035 in Windows
However, there isn’t a precise answer for this question, for many users simply change the name of the computer. The one they were trying to connect to into something shorter solved the issue. Others also say that corrupted registry entries resulted in this error and via fixing them they managed in order to solve this problem as well.
Error code 0x80070035 may also be related to your antivirus as well as firewall settings as the programs can actually block the resources and restrict Internet access. However, there can be a lot of causes for this message error, we also have compiled a full list of possible solutions in order to help you, so just check them out below.
Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
- First of all, you have to open the Settings app from the Start button.
- Head over to Update & Security as well.
- Then tap on Troubleshoot
- Choose Additional troubleshooters.
- Just locate Windows Update and tap on Run the troubleshooter.
- You have to follow further instructions, and let the wizard finish the process.
- Just restart your computer.
Temporarily Disable Antivirus and Firewall
- Right-tap on the Antivirus Program icon from the system tray and choose Disable.
- Next, choose the time frame for which the Antivirus will remain disabled as well.
Note: Select the smallest amount of time possible Such as 15 minutes or 30 minutes.
- When you do that, again check if the error resolves or not.
- Tap on Windows Key + I and then choose Control Panel.
- Next, you need to tap on System and Security.
- Then just tap on Windows Firewall.
- Now from the left window pane, then tap on Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
- Choose Turn off Windows Firewall and restart your PC. And now see if you’re able to Fix Error code 0x80070035 The network path was not found.
If the above method doesn’t really work, then make sure to follow the exact same steps in order to turn on your Firewall again.
Turn ON Network Discovery
- Just tap on Windows Key + X and then choose Control Panel.
- Now tap on Network and Internet and then tap View network status and tasks.
- Now, this would take you to Network and Sharing Center, from there tap on Change Advanced Sharing settings from the left-hand menu.
- You have to checkmark Turn on network discovery and click Save changes.
- Just reboot your PC in order to save changes and see if you are able to Fix Error code 0x80070035 The network path was not found.
Delete Hidden Network Adapters
- Tap on Windows Key + R then type devmgmt.msc and click on Enter to open Device Manager.
- Now choose Network Adapters and then tap on View > Show hidden devices.
- Just right-click on each of the hidden devices and choose Uninstall device.
- You have to do this for all the hidden devices that are listed under Network Adapters.
- Just reboot your PC in order to save changes.
Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP
- You have to click on Windows Key + R then type ncpa.cpl and click on Enter.
- Right-tap on your active Wi-Fi or ethernet connection and choose Properties.
- Choose Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and tap on Properties.
- Then click Advanced in the next window and then just switch to the WINS tab under Advanced TCP/IP Settings.
- Now under the NetBIOS setting, checkmark “Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP“, and then tap on OK.
- Then reboot your PC in order to save changes
Change Network Security settings | Error code 0x80070035
- Tap on Windows Key + R and then type secpol.msc and click on Enter.
- Now navigate to the following path under the Local Security Policy window:
Local Policies > Security Options > Network security: LAN Manager authentication level
- Then just double click on Network security: LAN Manager authentication level in the right-hand side window as well.
- Now from the drop-down, choose to Send LM & NTLM-use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated.
- Tap on Apply followed via OK.
Just reboot your PC and after the restart see if you are able to Fix Error code 0x80070035 The network path was not found. If not, then just continue with the next method.
Manually enter all PC’s username and passwords over the network
- Tap on Windows Key + X and then select Control Panel.
- Just type Credential in the control panel search and tap on Credential Manager.
- Choose Windows Credentials and then tap on Add a Windows credential.
- Now one by one type the username and password of each machine connected to the network.
- Just follow this on the PCs that are connected to the PC and this will Fix Error code 0x80070035 The network path was not found.
Reset TCP/IP | Error code 0x80070035
- You need to right-click on Windows Button and then choose“Command Prompt(Admin).“
- Now type the following command and click on enter after each one:
(a) ipconfig /release
(b) ipconfig /flushdns
(c) ipconfig /renew
- Then again open Admin Command Prompt and type the following and click on enter after each one:
- ipconfig /flushdns
- nbtstat –r
- netsh int ip reset
- netsh winsock reset
- Just reboot in order to apply changes.
- You have to right-click on the drive which you guys want to be shared and choose Properties.
- Then just switch to Sharing tab and if under Network Path it says Not Shared and then tap on the Advanced Sharing button.
- You need to check the mark “Share this folder” and then make sure the Share name is correct.
- Tap on Apply followed by OK.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!
Leave a Comment