Whenever you guys try to open programs like iTunes as well as Minecraft, the error “Entry Point Not Found” actually pops up and the programs fail to start as well. The problem doesn’t really occur for only a specific program but for a lot of programs that basically include some background programs. The error also occurs if you or any other program have replaced the Msvcrt.dll file along with a third-party version. That does not really contain the _resetstkoflw (recovery from stack overflow) function as well. Just read this article to know all about How to Fix Entry Point Not Found in Windows. Let’s begin!
The problem can also occur if your PC is infected along with a virus or malware. That may have infected the system files. To fix this issue, we have to make sure your PC is absolutely free from malware, and all the system files are intact. So without even wasting any further time let’s now see How to Fix the Entry Point Not Found Error in Windows 10. Along with the help of the below troubleshooting guide.
How to Fix Entry Point Not Found in Windows
Run DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management)
- First of all, open Command Prompt. The user can also perform this step via searching for ‘cmd’ and then clicking on Enter.
- Then type the following command in cmd and click on enter after each one:
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Now let the DISM command run and now wait for it to finish.
- If the above command does not really work, then just try on the below:
Dism /Image:C:\offline /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:c:\test\mount\windows Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:c:\test\mount\windows /LimitAccess
Note: Just replace the C:\RepairSource\Windows along with your repair source (Windows Installation as well as Recovery Disc) actually.
- Just reboot your PC in order to save changes and see if you’re able to Fix the Entry Point Not Found Error in Windows 10 as well.
Run HitmanPro and AdwCleaner | Entry Point Not Found
- Just download HitmanPro from this link.
- When the download is complete, double-tap on the hitmanpro.exe file in order to run the program.
- HitmanPro will now open, tap on Next in order to scan for malicious software.
- Now, just wait for the HitmanPro in order to search for Trojans and then Malware on your PC.
- Whenever the scan is complete, tap on the Next button in order to remove malware from your PC.
- You guys have to Activate free license before you can also remove malicious files from your PC.
- In order to do this, tap on Activate free license, and you guys are good to go.
- Now reboot your PC in order to save changes and then see if you’re able to Fix Entry Point Not Found Error in Windows 10, if not then just continue.
- Just download AdwCleaner from this link.
- When the download is complete, then double-click on the adwcleaner.exe file in order to run the program.
- Tap on the “I agree” button in order to accept the license agreement.
- On the next screen, just tap on the Scan button under Actions.
- Now, just wait for the AdwCleaner in order to search for PUPs and many other malicious programs.
- Whenever the scan is complete, tap on Clean in order to clean your system of such files.
- You have to save any work you might be doing as your PC will have to reboot, now tap on OK to reboot your PC.
- Whenever the computer reboots, a log file will then open. That will list all of the files, folders, registry keys, etc. That was also removed in the previous step.
Run SFC and CHKDSK
- You have to open Command Prompt. The user can also perform this step via searching for ‘cmd’ and then click on Enter.
- Now just type the following in the cmd and click on enter:
Sfc /scannow sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows
- Just wait for the above process in order to finish and when you do that, restart your PC.
- Next, just run CHKDSK in order to Fix File System Errors.
- ow let the above process complete and now again reboot your PC in order to save changes.
Run CCleaner and Malwarebytes | Entry Point Not Found
- First of all, download and install CCleaner & Malwarebytes.
- Then run Malwarebytes and now let it scan your system for harmful files. If malware is found, then it will automatically remove them.
- Now just run CCleaner and choose Custom Clean.
- Then under Custom Clean, choose the Windows tab and checkmark defaults, and tap on Analyze.
- When Analyze is complete, make sure you’re certain in order to remove the files to be deleted.
- At last, click on the Run Cleaner button and then let CCleaner run its course.
- In order to further clean your system, choose the Registry tab, and make sure the following are checked:
- Tap on the Scan for Issues button and permit CCleaner to scan, and then click on the Fix Selected Issues button.
- Whenever CCleaner asks “Do you want backup changes to the registry?” Now choose Yes.
- When your backup has completed, tap on the Fix All Selected Issues button.
- Then restart your PC in order to save changes.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!
Leave a Comment