Enable RCS or Carriers Using Google Messages App: The tutorial has been updated in the USA, Canada, UK, and any country that supports RCS messaging like some Asian countries (India) as well. Moreover, it includes all the network carriers like Google Fi (US), Verizon (US), T-Mobile (US), Sprint (US), US Cellular (US), Straight Talk/Total Wireless/TracFone/Net10 (US), Freedom Mobile (CA), Telus/Koodo (CA), Sky (UK), and much more.
- 1 Download the latest Android Messages APK for RCS
- 2 Enable RCS on any Android Phone from carriers in the US, UK, CA with the Messages app
- 2.1 Conclusion:
Text Messaging App: Android Messages
Last year, Google launched its new text messaging app called Android Messages. This latest SMS app quickly picked up and stayed for good this time. After that, Google announced the RCS feature with the new Chat option under settings. While the network carriers also need to allow RCS on their supported Android devices. But some people found a way to force enable RCS on any Android device on any carrier in the US including T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, and more.
Hopefully! Thanks to Reddit users for searching out this amazing way to enable RCS in Google’s latest Messages app. This method has been tested working on carriers like:
- T-Mobile for the Google Pixel phones
- AT&T on the Samsung Galaxy S8
- Verizon S10+
- OnePlus 6T
- many more
So if your carrier does not display RCS in Android Messages app under settings, follow the instructions below.
Carriers have already announced RCS starting Pixel 3/Pixel 3 XL devices. Some users have the “Chat Feature” option available but cannot use it. You need no worry, here is a complete guide on how to force enable RCS.
Latest Android messages beta version gets you RCS messaging feature on most of the United States (USA) carriers like:
- US Cellular
- Google Fi
Following are the Prepaid US Wireless Carriers
- Virgin Mobile
- Tiercel Wireless
- Boost Mobile
- Freedom Mobile
- NTT DoCoMo
- Straight Talk
- Telcel America
- Total Wireless
It works for all the manufacturers’ smartphones and carriers that support RCS. It works on Google Pixel 1, 2, 3 along with XL variants, Samsung Galaxy S10 series, Essential Phones, and many more. However, it is useful in the future when more carriers like T-Mobile, Sprint, At&T, etc will bring RCS support with Universal Profile. So stay tuned.
Download the latest Android Messages APK for RCS
You can also sign up for Android Messages Beta for the latest features!
APK Download: Simply download the latest APK from the downloads repository at APK Mirror.
You can also use this with the Textra SMS app. In advance settings, you will find the Chat features enabled.
Enable RCS on any Android Phone from carriers in the US, UK, CA with the Messages app
This guide will force enable RCS on any Android phone in any country or location using the latest Google Messages app. This is a non-root method and safe to do so.
- Download and install/update the latest Android Messages app from above
- But make sure you have allowed carrier services on your phone. Once you enable it you should clear its data. See the troubleshooting below.
- Install the Activity Launcher from Play Store
- Then launch the Activity Launcher app
- Now go to ‘Recent Activities’
- From the menu select ‘All Activities’
- Search for ‘Android Messages’
- Choose it and scroll down until you find ‘Set RCS Flags’. It should be something like
- Now, choose ‘ACS Url’ and in the menu select the following URL
- Calm down and wait until the process is complete because it takes a few minutes. If it doesn’t work, check out the troubleshooting guide below.
- Now choose OTP Pattern, and in the menu click
- Click Apply
- Follow the setup in Android Messages
In case if it doesn’t work on the first try, then continue reading. Try resetting the app. Follow the instructions below.
- Clear the data of ‘Carrier Services’ and force stop ‘Android Messages.’ Simply go to settings > apps > choose the app > storage > clear data and force stop.
- Repeat the above procedure again
New ACS URLs: But if you still do not see the Chat features enabled, force close Messages and repeat the steps with the specific ACS URLs for each carrier. Also, verify that Google will be migrating those on the Sandbox to the correct servers once the RCS rollout has been completed.
Google Fi (US)
US Cellular (US)
Straight Talk/Total Wireless/TracFone/Net10 (US)
Freedom Mobile (CA)
**In case if your carrier is not listed, use:*^
All done! Now you can enable RCS on or Carriers Using Google Messages App on any Android phone with in the USA.
For more queries and questions let us know in the comment section below!
Till then! Keep Smiling 🙂