Gmail is basically an easy-to-use and convenient email service. That permits you to send and receive emails on your Gmail account as well. There is more to Gmail than just sending emails as well. You guys have the option of saving email drafts and sending them later as well. However, sometimes when you try to send an email, and they get stuck in the Outbox and Gmail may queue it in order to send later. The emails getting stuck in the Outbox is an annoying issue whenever you are trying to send some important emails. Thus, to help you out, we have come up along with a small guide that you can follow in order to fix emails stuck in the outbox of Gmail. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Fix Email Stuck in the Outbox of Gmail – Tutorial. Let’s begin1
- 1 How to Fix Email Stuck in Outbox of Gmail – Tutorial
- 1.1 Check the File Size of Your Attachment.
- 1.2 Check whether you have a stable internet connection
- 1.3 Check Your Internet Connection.
- 1.4 Check if Gmail is not on Offline mode
- 1.5 Update the Gmail app | Email Stuck in Outbox
- 1.6 Clear cache and app data | Email Stuck in Outbox
- 1.7 Turn on the allow background data usage option | Email Stuck in Outbox
- 1.8 Close background running apps
- 1.9 FAQs
- 1.10 Conclusion
How to Fix Email Stuck in Outbox of Gmail – Tutorial
You may also have experienced this issue whenever you try to send an email. However, they get stuck in the Outbox and Gmail queue the mail in order to send later. The question is actually Why does this happen? Well, there may be several reasons why you guys can face this issue. Some of these common reasons are as follows as well.
- The email may also have a large file attachment exceeding the limit as well.
- You guys may have an unstable internet connection.
- The problem may arise because of the improper configuration of your account settings
We are listing the possible solutions in order to fix emails stuck in the Outbox of Gmail. Just follow these methods and then check whichever works for you:
Check the File Size of Your Attachment.
If you guys are sending out an email that contains files such as documents, pictures, or also even videos. It is really important that it has the correct file size. Currently, Gmail only allows more than 25MB of file attachments whenever you are sending out an email.
Now, if you have to send an attachment that exceeds the 25 MB limit of Gmail. What you can do is just try and upload the file on Google Drive that is also developed via Google. This way, you would just have to include the link of the file on the email that you would send out as well.
On the other hand, if the file attachment on your email does not exceed and the 25 MB limit. You can try to check your internet connection. That can also cause the issue of sending out emails as well.
Check whether you have a stable internet connection
Many times, your email may get stuck in the Outbox of Gmail if you guys have an unstable internet connection. If you have a slow or also unstable internet connection. Gmail may not be able to properly communicate along with its servers and will queue your email in the Outbox in order to send it out later.
Thus, to fix emails stuck in Outbox queued and not sending in Gmail. Then you have to ensure that you guys have a stable internet connection. You can also check your internet connection via performing a speed test through using a third-party speed test app. Furthermore, you can also check the connection via browsing something on the web or by using an app that needs the internet.
You can also unplug and re-plug the power cable of your router in order to refresh your Wi-Fi connection.
Check Your Internet Connection.
The slow internet connection can also be the cause of an email not being sent out successfully as well. If your internet is unstable, and then the Gmail app on your device may also have a hard time communicating. Along with its servers that leads to your email getting stuck on the outbox.
In order to verify if your internet connection is unstable, you can try performing a speed test. In order to check if you are getting the right internet speed bandwidth from your ISP (Internet Service Provider). You can also use a third-party website such as Fast.com (provided by Netflix). That effectively calculates your current internet upload and download speed as well.
Now, if the speed test result actually comes out slow or not even close to the internet speed bandwidth indicated on your monthly subscription. Then you can try resetting your router as well. To do this, just locate and unplug the power cable from your router that is normally located at the back of your router. After that, now wait for at least 5 – 10 seconds before plugging it back into your router as well.
Try to perform another speed test once again in order to check if resetting your router solved the issue on your internet connection. But, if you still experience problems regarding your internet then it is best that you contact your Internet Service Provider and also report the issue along with their internet service.
Check if Gmail is not on Offline mode
Gmail offers a feature that permits you to search, respond, and even go through the mails even whenever you are offline. Gmail automatically sends out the emails when you are back online. Offline mode can also be a handy feature for some users. But, this feature may be the reason why your emails get stuck in the Outbox of Gmail. Hence, to fix an email stuck in the Outbox of Gmail, then make sure you disable the offline mode on Gmail.
- Go to Gmail on your web browser on a desktop or laptop.
- Then Log in to your account via typing your username and password.
- When you successfully login into your account, you guys have to click on the “gear icon” at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Just tap on “See all settings“.
- Head to the Offline tab from the panel on the top.
- At last, untick the checkbox next to the option “Enable offline mode” and tap on Save Changes.
Now, you guys may refresh the website and try sending the emails in the Outbox in order to check. If this method was able to fix Gmail outgoing emails marked as queued as well.
Update the Gmail app | Email Stuck in Outbox
You guys using an old version of the app on your device, and then it may also cause your emails to get stuck in the Outbox. The old version of Gmail may also have a bug or error that may be causing the problem, and the app is unable to communicate along with the servers. Thus, to fix emails not sent in Gmail, you can also check for available updates on your device via following these steps:
If you guys use Gmail on your Android device, then you can also follow these steps to check for updates:
- First of all, open the Google play store and tap on the hamburger icon on the top-left corner of the screen.
- Head to My apps and games.
- Click on the Updates tab from the panel on the top.
- At last, you will see available updates for Gmail. Click on “Update” to install the new updates.
After updating the app, then you can try to send out the emails from the Outbox.
If you are an iPhone user, you guys may follow these steps to check for available updates:
- Just open the App store on your device.
- Click on the Updates tab from the bottom of the screen.
- At last, check if there are any updates available for Gmail. Click on Update in order to install the new updates.
Clear cache and app data | Email Stuck in Outbox
Many times, the app’s cache and data may be hogging the memory and then causing the emails to get stuck in the Outbox. Hence, to fix the emails from getting stuck in the Outbox, then you can clear the App’s cache.
If you guys are using Gmail on your Android device, then you may follow these steps in order to clear the app’s cache:
- Go to the Settings of your device.
- Then head to Apps then tap on Manage apps.
- Now locate and open Gmail from the list of applications.
- Just tap on Clear data from the bottom of the screen.
- Now, just choose Clear cache and click on OK.
If you guys use Gmail on your Chrome browser on a PC or laptop. Then you may follow these steps in order to clear Gmail’s cache on Chrome:
- Open your Chrome browser and tap on the three vertical dots in the top-right corner of the screen and head to Settings.
- Tap on the Privacy and Settings tab from the panel on the left.
- Now, head to Cookies and other site data.
- Tap on See all cookies and site data.
- Then search mail in the search bar on the top-right of the screen as well.
- At last, click on the bin icon next to mail.google.com in order to clear Gmail’s cache from the browser.
After clearing the cache, you can try sending the emails from the Outbox and then check if this method was able to fix the email stuck in Gmail.
Turn on the allow background data usage option | Email Stuck in Outbox
If you guys use mobile data as your internet connection, then it may be possible that the data saving mode may be enabled on your device. That may restrict Gmail from via your mobile data for sending or receiving emails. Hence, to fix email stuck in the Outbox issue, then you can enable the allow background data usage option on your Android device.
If you guys use the Gmail app on your Android device. Then you can follow these steps to turn on the allow background data usage option:
- First, open Settings on your device.
- Head to the Apps section and then tap on Manage apps.
- Now locate and open Gmail from the list of applications that you see on the screen. Click on Data usage.
- At last, scroll down and make sure you turn on the toggle next to Background data.
If you guys are an iOS user, you may follow these steps in order to enable background data usage:
- Go to the Settings of your device.
- Then head to the Mobile data tab.
- Scroll down and then locate the Gmail app from the list of apps.
- At last, turn on the toggle next to Gmail. When you turn on the toggle, Gmail can now use your cellular data in order to send or receive emails.
After allowing the background data usage, then you can try sending the emails that are stuck in the Outbox.
Close background running apps
Many times, closing the background running apps can also help you fix the problem of emails getting stuck in the Outbox. Thus, you can close all the background running apps and then try to send out the emails from the Outbox as well.
Why are my emails going to Outbox and not sending?
A lot of time, the emails may head to the Outbox, and Gmail may queue them to send later as you may have an unstable internet connection. Or also you may be attaching a file that exceeds the limit of 25GB. Furthermore, check if you guys are using the latest version of the app on your device. If you are using an old version of the app, and then it is probably the reason why you guys are facing the issue as well.
How can I send an email that is stuck in my Outbox?
In order to send an email that is stuck in your Outbox, just make sure you have a stable internet connection. You can refresh the app or website and then try in order to send the emails from the Outbox. Further, make sure the file attachments in your email in within the size limit of 25 GB as well.
How can I fix my Outbox in Gmail?
In order to resolve the Gmail issue, you can remove all the background running apps, and then you can also clear the app’s cache on your device.
How can I fix Gmail not sending emails?
In order to fix Gmail not sending emails, you have to make sure that you have a stable internet connection and you are not exceeding the 25GB limit of the attachment as well. You can turn on the background data usage option on your device if you use your mobile data as your internet connection as well.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!