The driver can’t release to failure is basically an error message that happens along with users of Gigabyte motherboards. The message itself does not even tell which driver has problems. However, it has been tightly connected to Gigabyte motherboards, and especially the ones that do not also have wireless capabilities as well. The failure in the message is actually a failure in order to find the wireless hardware, and the failure recovery protocol in the code is also insufficient, providing you with this error. Just read this article to know all about How to Fix The Driver Can’t Release to Failure Error. Let’s start!
This problem appears when you guys are using Gigabyte’s software. The most problematic one is the Cloud Station Server, and since it depends on having Wi-Fi capabilities, computers without even such capabilities actually have issues along with it.
There are two things that you can do in order to solve this, however, both are closer to a workaround than a real solution. But, until Gigabyte issues a fix for this problem, they’re about the only things that you can do in order to solve it.
- 1 How to Fix The Driver Can’t Release to Failure Error
How to Fix The Driver Can’t Release to Failure Error
Now the main cause of this error is basically the components of the APP center. That needs access to onboard WiFi, and if no onboard Wifi is present, then the component fails. The components which we are actually talking about are Cloud Server Station, GIGABYTE Remote, and Remote OC as well. Now we also know the main cause of this error. So without even wasting any time, now let’s see how you can fix this error.
Turn off Cloud Server Station, GIGABYTE Remote, and Remote OC
If you guys need Gigabyte’s App Center, then you can turn off the features that are actually causing the problems.
- First of all open the GIGABYTE App Center from the System Tray.
- Tap on the tabs of Cloud Server Station, GIGABYTE Remote, and also Remote OC.
- Now turn off the ‘Always run on next reboot‘ switch on the above three components.
- Then you have to restart your PC in order to save changes.
Install the latest version of APP center | driver can’t release
If you guys require certain components of the APP center, then you have to install the latest version of the APP center. (Or only those components which you need) from the GIGABYTE download page.
Uninstall GIGABYTE services from the command prompt
The process that is actually running in the background whenever the popups appear is the Cloud Station Server’s ubssrv process as well. Uninstalling the software will avoid the process from running and will actually solve your issue. But, if you guys need the advanced functionalities that the software offers, you guys will have to compromise.
- Tap on Windows Key + X and then choose Command Prompt (Admin).
- Now type the following command exactly as shown below and then click on enter after each one:
sc delete gdrv sc create gdrv binPath= "C:\Windows\gdrv.sys" type= "kernel" DisplayName= "gdrv"
- The first command above uninstall the GIGABYTE services and also the second command reinstalls the same services.
- Now restart your PC in order to save changes and then check if you are able to Fix The driver can’t release to failure error.
Uninstall GIGABYTE APP Center | driver can’t release
- Tap on Windows Key + X and then choose Control Panel.
- Tap on Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Now you have to find the GIGABYTE App center and then right-click and then choose to uninstall.
- Then make sure to remove any other services associated along with GIGABYTE.
- Just reboot in order to save changes.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!
Also See: How to Fix No Sound on YouTube
Leave a Comment