The internet is a marvelous place filled along with exciting pages, articles, and content. Within this plethora of online creations, you guys will naturally come across videos that pique your interest. But, because of some reason, you are unable to access the source of the video as well. If you find yourself struggling along with the same issue, you are at the right place actually. Just read this article to know all about How to Download Blob Video with URL. Let’s begin!
How to Download Blob Video with URL
Blob URLs are pseudo protocols that basically assign temporary URLs to media files. This process is crucial since most websites cannot process the raw data contained via files. They need data in the form of binary code that loads via the blob URL. In simpler terms, the blob URL gives data and acts as a fake source for the files on a website.
The blob URL addresses can also be found in the DevTools of the webpage. These links, but, cannot be accessed as their source page does not exist. Nevertheless, there are a few different ways with which you can download a blob URL video as well.
Use VLC Media Player to Convert and Download Blob Video
VLC Media Player might not be as famous as it once used to be, however, the app still has its uses. The media player can also convert blob URL videos into downloadable MP4 files and then save them to your PC.
- First, open the web page containing the video you guys want to download.
- Before proceeding, just make sure that a blob URL is involved. Right-click on the page and select “Inspect.”
- Tap on the three dots on the top right corner of the inspect window and open it as a new tab. The developer tools for the web page will open as well.
- Tap on Ctrl + F and look for “blob”. A blob link exists if the search results reveal a link that begins along with “blob: https”.
- On the DevTools page, then click on Network.
- Tap on Ctrl + F and search for “m3u8”.
- Tap on the file and copy the Request URL from the header page as well.
- Now download VLC Media Player from the official website. Run the setup and install the software on your PC as well.
- Then open VLC and click on the Media in the top left corner of the screen.
- Now From the list of options, tap on “Open Network Stream.”
- Then paste the .m3u8 blob URL in the text box.
- Tap on the small arrow next to the play button and choose Convert.
- In the convert window, select the preferred output quality and tap on the Browse button then select a destination for the file.
- Tap on Start in order to begin the conversion process.
- After the process is complete, go to the destination folder and find the downloaded blob URL video.
Use Cisdem Video Converter on Mac
Well, the method mentioned above works just like a charm, there are easier ways in order to download blob videos. A lot of video downloaders can also convert URLs to mp4 files along with ease. If you guys use a MacBook, then Cisdem Video converter is actually the ideal choice.
- First of all, open the browser applications and download the Cisdem Video Converter to your Mac.
- Then Install the software and run it on your computer.
- By default, the app will then open on the Convert page. Tap on the second panel from the Taskbar to shift to the Download tab.
- Head to the web page containing the blob URL video you guys want to download and copy the original link.
- Paste the link in the Cisdem app and tap on the Download button on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- The video will now download to your computer.
Use Freemake Video Downloader on Windows
Freemake is actually highly efficient video converter and downloader that can easily download blob URL videos. Most of the services on the app need the premium package. Nevertheless, you guys can download smaller videos via the free version.
- Now download the Freemake Video Downloader app and then install it onto your PC.
- Just open the app and click on “Paste URL” in the top left corner.
- Then Copy the link to the video you want to save, and paste it in Freemake.
- A download window will now open up. Change the download settings based on your preference as well.
- Click on Download in order to save the file to your PC.
How can I get blob URL?
Webpages generate blob URLs in order to make media encoding easier. These automatically created URLs are saved in the page source of the webpage and can be accessed via the DevTools. In the Element panel of DevTools, now search for “blob.” Just look for a link that exhibits the following pattern: src = blob:https://www.youtube.com/d9e7c316-046f-4869-bcbd-affea4099280”. This is the blob URL of your video.
How can I download the Facebook video blob?
In order to download blob videos from Facebook, first, open the DevTools for the webpage. Tap on Network and find the file along with a .m3u8 extension. Copy the Requested URL of the file. Open VLC Media Player and tap on Media in the top left corner. Choose Open Stream Network and paste the link in the text box. Tap on convert and save the Facebook video to your PC as an MP4 file as well.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!