The Error Code 1 in Device Manager is generally via corrupt as well as Device Drivers that outdate. Many times when you guys connect a new device to your PC, and you then see the Error code 1 then it actually means Windows was unable to load the important drivers. You guys will get a popup error message ‘This Device Is Not Configured Correctly. Just read this article to know all about How to Fix This Device Is Not Configured Correctly (Code 1). Let’s begin!
How to Fix This Device Is Not Configured Correctly (Code 1)
The Code 1 error message actually tells you that the device in question does not have drivers installed on the PC. Or the drivers are incorrectly configuring as well. You guys will get a popup message saying that The device is not configured properly. Chances are whichever device this issue is actually related to, will not work until you guys solve the problem and then make sure all drivers are working properly.
This issue actually has happened along with a number of devices, from flash drives to sound devices. And will basically render your device useless. It actually happens in all versions of Windows and does not really exclude anyone. It may lead you in order to believe that you have faulty hardware. But if you guys try the same device on another computer with proper drivers installed. You guys will see that it is nothing more than a software issue as well.
Before even making any changes to your PC, we recommend you guys to create a Restore Point if something goes wrong as well.
Manually fix the issue via Registry Editor
If this specific problem is via USB devices, then you guys can then delete the UpperFilters and LowerFilters in the Registry Editor as well.
- Tap on the Windows key + R button in order to open the Run dialogue box.
- Then type Regedit in the Run dialogue box, and then click on Enter.
- Now navigate to the following registry key:
- Now from the right window pane, you have to find and delete both the UpperFilters key and the LowerFilters.
- If ask for confirmation, just choose Ok and then reboot your PC in order to save changes.
Update the drivers for this device | This Device Is Not Configured
- Tap on Windows key + R and then type devmgmt.msc and click on enter in order to open device manager.
- Then right-click the Problematic device driver (having yellow exclamation mark) and then choose Update Device Driver.
- Now choose “Search automatically for updated driver software” and let the process finish.
- If it wasn’t able to update your graphic card, then again select Update Driver Software as well.
- Now this time, choose “Browse my computer for driver software.”
- Next, just choose “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer” as well.
- Choose the appropriate driver from the list and tap on Next.
- Now just let the process complete and then restart your PC.
- Just like that, go to your manufacturer’s website and then download the latest drivers.
Alternative | This Device Is Not Configured
- If you guys have this code and you have no sound, then chances are you guys are having a problem along with the sound driver. We can solve it in a different way. Just expand Sound, video, and game controllers and choose the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. From the Action tab, just choose Update Driver Software.
- Tap on Browse my computer for driver software, followed via Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- From the list, just choose the High Definition Audio Device driver and tap on Next. If a warning message appears, then tap on Yes. Now, wait for the wizard to finish, and then just reboot your device.
Uninstall the Problematic Device
- Now just tap on Windows key + R and then type “devmgmt.msc” and click on enter in order to open device manager.
- Then right-click Uninstall the device driver which is having the problem as well.
- Now tap on Action and then choose Scan for hardware changes.
- At last, head to the manufacturer’s website of that device and then install the latest drivers.
- Now just reboot in order to apply changes.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!