Facebook does not really allow users to delete multiple messages at once. You guys have to choose each message on Facebook or Messenger and then delete them one by one in order to get rid of tons of messages. Even if you guys are actually using a mobile device then there is no such option in order to select multiple messages on the messenger app. And you guys won’t be able to delete them. You can just delete them one by one from the chat options. Just read this article to know all about How to Delete Multiple Messages on Messenger. Let’s begin!
However, there was an option to delete multiple messages on the older version of Facebook. But Facebook actually took away this feature and users find it pretty annoying to go through each message and delete them. Over time, you guys may have sent tons of messages or message requests in order to different people. However, sometimes you may find it embarrassing whenever you look through old conversations.
You guys may want to delete older messages to clean your inbox. Or want to prevent any trouble with your partner who actually wants to check on your messages.
- 1 How to Delete Multiple Messages on Messenger
- 1.1 Deleting Messages on your PC
- 1.2 Facebook Fast Delete Messages Chrome extension
- 1.3 Deleting Messages on your Mobile (Android) | Delete Multiple Messages
- 1.4 Deleting Messages on iOS
- 1.5 Bulk Deletion | Delete Multiple Messages
- 1.6 Conclusion
How to Delete Multiple Messages on Messenger
If you guys have been using Facebook for a long time and use it in order to message your friends and connections. Then you guys will find your message inbox full of chats. You guys might also want to delete them as managing them is really hard, and especially useless messages are nothing, however, junk for you. Manually deleting them will actually consume a lot of time. By default, Facebook will not permit you to delete multiple messages. Rather, you can delete the whole conversation.
On the main messages window, you’ll also see an archive option that makes messages go away. However, it doesn’t really delete them. Now you can go through each message and then delete it one at a time. Now, this sounds just like a tedious thing to do. What if we actually tell you other ways to do so? In this article, we are going to tell you about 3 Ways to Delete Multiple Facebook Messages.
Deleting Messages on your PC
In order to delete your multiple messages from Facebook via your PC as well as a laptop you can follow the steps:
- First of all, just log in to your Facebook account.
- Then on the upper right corner, tap on Messages and then choose “See All in Messenger” in the bottom left corner of the popup.
- For deleting the whole message thread, hover over the chat and tap on the three-dot icon then click on the “Delete” option as well.
- It will then prompt you along with 3 options that are Cancel, Delete, or Hide Conversation. Tap on the “Delete” option in order to continue with the deletion of the whole conversation.
For deleting any particular text or message of your conversation
- Just open the conversation & hover over the message.
- Tap on the 3 horizontal dots and then click on the Remove option.
Facebook Fast Delete Messages Chrome extension
Facebook Fast Delete Messages is a really popular Google Chrome extension. That will basically help you guys to delete multiple messages. You need to follow the steps to install the extension and remove messages:
- Just navigate to the chrome web store and then follow the steps to add the Facebook Fast Delete Messages Extension.
- When added, then tap on the Facebook Fast Delete Messages extension icon and then click on the Open Messages button.
Note: This will just redirect you to the Facebook messages page if you guys are already logged in as well. if not, then log in to the Facebook account.
- Whenever the page opens, again tap on the Extension icon and then just click on Delete All Messages button.
- A confirmation window will pop up, that will ask you that are you sure you want to delete all messages. Tap on Yes, Delete in order to delete all the messages.
In this way, all your Facebook messages will also be deleted.
Deleting Messages on your Mobile (Android) | Delete Multiple Messages
The steps in order to delete multiple Facebook messages on smartphones are:
- If you do not have Facebook messenger by now, download the Messenger app from the Google play store.
- Just open the app and log in along with your username and password.
In order to delete the complete conversation:
- Just Select & hold down the thread you guys want to delete, a short popup will then appear.
- Click on the Recycle bin icon on the red circle on the right side of the screen.
- Now A confirmation popup will appear, just click on Delete.
In case, if you want to delete a single message
- Head to the conversation and hold down any specific message you want to delete.
- Then, just click on Remove at the bottom.
- Click on the delete icon next to the “Remove for you” option as well.
How to Archive Facebook Messages on Android:
- Head to your Messenger.
- Click on the Chats icon and you guys will see the list of your conversations.
- Tap and hold any specific conversation which you want to archive. Tap on the three horizontal lines icon.
- A popup will now appear, just choose the Archive option and your messages will be archived.
Deleting Messages on iOS
- You have to open the Messenger app, scroll through your conversation to look for the message you want to Delete.
- Now Tap & hold the conversation you wish to Delete. Now, tap on the three horizontal lines icon and choose Delete.
Bulk Deletion | Delete Multiple Messages
There are a lot of Chrome extensions that offer bulk deletion features. However, one of the best extensions is “Delete All Messages for Facebook”.
- Just install the Chrome extension “Delete All Messages for Facebook” via clicking on Add to Chrome button.
- Then Open Messenger in Chrome and log in to your Facebook account.
- Now Scroll down to load your messages or else they won’t really be deleted.
- Tap on the Extension from the top-right corner of the google toolbar.
- Choose the “Choose & Delete.” option from the extension menu.
- Then check the messages you want to remove using the checkboxes on the left side. Then, tap on “Delete Selected Messages” at the top of the page. The messages that you guys selected will be deleted.
The Nuclear option
- You have to open your FB Messenger in chrome.
- Then you need to scroll down to load your messages or else they won’t be deleted.
- Now from the top-right, tap on the extension icon from the toolbar.
- Then choose “Delete All Messages” and select the prompts that follow!
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!