Discord is basically a chatting platform introduced as an alternative to Skype. It is one of the most prominent apps to communicate along with your mates and pals. It also offers a tight-knit community and has now completely changed the concept of group chats. Skype has primarily been affected via Discord’s popularity it being evolved as the best platform for text chat. However, who wants to read those old messages sent one or two years back? They just use the device space and then make it slow. Deleting messages in Discord is actually not a cakewalk since the platform does not offer any such direct method. Just read this article to know all about How to Mass Delete Discord Private Messages. Let’s begin!
Maintaining your Discord server via getting rid of old messages is seriously a headache. There might also be thousands of unwanted messages taking a really large space inside your Discord server. There are multiple methods available in order to delete all messages in Discord. In this article, we will discuss the best ways in order to clear your DM history in Discord and get rid of all those old messages as well.
How to Mass Delete Discord Private Messages
Discord does not really provide any direct method to delete all messages at once. You guys might find yourself in a problem if you try to break Discord’s rules and regulations as well. There are actually two types of messages in Discord.
Types of Messages in Discord
Discord also offers two types of distinct messages:
1. Direct Messages (DM): These are the text messages that are private and held between two users.
2. Channel Messages (CM): There are text messages which are sent in a channel or a particular group.
Both of these text messages work differently and also have different rules. Whenever Discord was initially launched, users could easily delete the messages in bulk, however, not now. It is because thousands of users mass deleting their messages directly affects Discord’s Database as well. The application has come up with many rules and regulations that are now affecting its popularity.
Deleting Channel Messages in Discord
Deleting channel messages in Discord can be done via multiple methods. You guys can follow any of these below-mentioned methods for deletion, however, make sure you are following the rules correctly:
This method might be a bit confusing, however, it is beneficial. There is a lot of bot software that permits you to delete group or channel messages in bulk. Our recommendation is the MEE6 bot that is one of the best for this specific task. You first have to install the MEE6 bot on the device and then pass the commands. Just follow the steps below to install MEE6 on your discord server.
- Head to the MEE6 website (https://mee6.xyz/) in order to login into your discord server.
- After visiting the website, click on the Add on Discord then click ‘Authorize’, and then click on your appropriate server.
- Just doing this will enable and permit bots to perform changes inside your server.
- Just authorize the MEE6 bot to delete/modify your messages via tapping on ‘Continue‘ and giving all the due permissions.
- After you guys have granted all the permissions, just complete the CAPTCHA that appears for user verification.
- This will install the MEE6 robot inside your Discord Server as well.
- Now, you guys can easily use commands the following commands:
- ‘@!clear @username‘ to delete the latest 100 messages of the articular user.
- ‘!clear 500‘ in order to delete the latest 500 messages of the particular channel.
- ‘!clear 1000‘ to delete the latest 1000 messages of the particular channel.
Now increase the number to delete more messages. Refresh the page to reflect changes. Although this method sounds a bit tricky, it is one of the easiest ways in order to delete channel messages in bulk.
Follow the steps to delete channel messages in Discord manually:
- Tap on the Chat panel that you want to delete.
- Now hover over the Messages, the ‘three dots’ icon will then appear on the far right corner of the message.
- Tap on the three dots icon present on the visible screen, a pop-up menu will now appear. From the pop-up menu, click on ‘Delete‘.
- A confirmation window will now appear. It will then ask you about the deletion confirmation. Just check the box and tap the Delete button, and you guys are done!
It is actually the easiest method to get rid of unwanted messages. This method will now take a lot of time as it doesn’t allow bulk deletion of messages. But, there are some other methods also available that can be used for bulk deletion of channel messages as well such as the Bot method too.
Cloning the Channel
If MEE6 isn’t working for you, then don’t worry, we have another solution. This method also deletes messages in bulk. Do you guys know what cloning means? Here, it also means creating a copy of the channel without even its old messages. Make sure to make the list of bots you have in the channel ahead as cloning does not iterate them over the new channel. Follow the steps mentioned below in order to clone your channel:
- First, hover over the channel, right-click, and tap on the ‘Clone Channel‘ option available.
- You can also rename the cloned channel and then tap on the Create Channel button.
- Then you can either Delete the older version or also leave it.
- Now add the bots you need on the newly created channel.
Cloning the channel is also one of the easiest ways in order to vanish channel messages in Discord. It will also add old users in the new cloned channel, along with the same settings.
Delete Direct Messages in Discord
Technically, Discord does not permit you to delete direct messages (DM). If you guys don’t want to see messages, you can close your chat panel and remove the chats’ copy. Doing this will also vanish your messages temporarily, and will always be available in other person’s chats as well. You can delete the local copy of messages via following the steps below as well.
- Now open the Chat panel of the person along with whom you have exchanged direct messages.
- Press the ‘Message‘ option visible on the screen.
- Click on the ‘Direct Message‘ option on the top left side of the screen.
- Tap on the ‘Conversation‘ option and click on the Delete (X).
- Now this will delete the ‘Direct Messages‘ at least from your end.
Note: You guys will not get the confirmation dialogue box after tapping on the cross. So, just make sure you do everything purposely and not along with the chats that are important.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this “delete discord private messages” article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!