Well, the main cause of this error seems to be Internet Explorer Security Settings. That basically restricts users in order to download files from the internet. Some security features are there in order to block malicious downloads as well as downloads from untrusted websites. However, users are unable to download files from even the most trusted sites such as Microsoft, Norton as well. Just read this article to know all about Your Current Security Settings Do Not Allow This File to be Downloaded. Let’s start!
A lot of time this error is also caused due to software conflict. Such as, Windows Defender might also conflict with your 3rd party Antiviruses. Such as Norton and this issue will actually block the downloads from the internet. So it’s really necessary to fix this error and that is why we are going to do exactly. So without even wasting any time just follow the below troubleshooting methods in order to fix the security settings. Now that you guys can again download files from the Internet.
How to Fix Your Current Security Settings Do Not Allow This File to be Downloaded
Reset all Zones to Default
- First, tap on Windows Key + R and then type inetcpl.cpl and click on enter to open Internet Properties.
- You have to navigate to Security Tab and tap on Reset all zones to default level.
- Tap on Apply followed via OK and then just reboot your PC.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Tap on Windows Key + R and then type inetcpl.cpl and click on enter in order to open Internet Properties.
- Now navigate to the Advanced and then click Reset button in the bottom under Reset Internet Explorer settings.
- Then in the next window that actually comes up, just make sure to choose the option “Delete personal settings option.“
- Then tap on Reset and then wait for the process to finish.
- Now reboot your PC in order to save changes and again try to access Internet Explorer.
Change Internet Explorer Security Settings
- Tap on Windows Key + R and then type “inetcpl.cpl” (without even quotes) and click on Enter.
- Just switch to Security tab and tap on ‘Custom level‘ that is under Security level for this zone.
- You have to scroll down until you find Downloads section, and then set all download options to Enabled.
- Tap on OK and reboot your PC in order to save changes.
Turn off Windows Defender if you have 3rd party Antivirus
Note: Whenever disabling Windows Defender make sure to install any other antivirus software as well. If you guys left your system without even any Antivirus protection then your PC may be vulnerable to malware. Also, including viruses, computer worms, as well as Trojan horses.
- You have to tap on Windows Key + R and then type “regedit” and click on Enter in order to open Registry Editor.
- Then navigate to the following registry key:
- Now in the right window pane double tap on DisableAntiSpyware and then change its value to 1.
- If there is no key then you have to create one. Right tap in the empty area in the right window pane and then tap on New > DWORD (32-bit) value. Just name it Disable AntiSpyware and then just double-click on it to change it’s value to 1.
- Noe you have to reboot your PC and this must fix the issue permanently.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!
Leave a Comment