If you guys are unable to print and receive the above error message then you guys are at the right place as today we are going to discuss how you can resolve this error message. The error clearly says that the Print Spooler service cannot be started. So what does this print spooler do? Well, all the printing-related jobs are managed via a Windows service called Print Spooler as well. The print spooler helps your Windows in order to interact with the printer and orders the print jobs in your queue as well. If the Print Spooler service fails in order to start you will receive the following error message. In this article, we are going to talk about Windows Could not Start the Print Spooler Service on Local Computer – Fix. Let’s begin!
The above error message is only displayed whenever you try to start Print Spooler services in services.msc window. So without even wasting any time let’s see how you can actually Fix Windows could not even start the Print Spooler service on local computer error along with the help of the below-listed troubleshooting guide as well.
- 1 Windows Could not start the Print Spooler Service on Local Computer – Fix
- 1.1 Registry Fix
- 1.2 Run Printer Troubleshooter | could not start the print spooler
- 1.3 Run CCleaner and Malwarebytes
- 1.4 Run System File Checker (SFC) and Check Disk (CHKDSK)
- 1.5 Delete all the files in the PRINTERS folder | could not start the print spooler
- 1.6 Start Print Spooler Services
- 1.7 Conclusion
Windows Could not start the Print Spooler Service on Local Computer – Fix
- Windows Key + R and then type Regedit and hit Enter in order to open Registry Editor.
- Now navigate to the following registry key:
- Now make sure to highlight the Spooler key in the left window pane and then in the right window pane just find the string called DependOnService.
- Now double click on the Depend On Service string and change its value via deleting the HTTP part and just leaving the RPCSS part as well.
- Tap on OK to save changes and close Registry Editor.
- Reboot your PC and then see if the error is resolved or not.
Run Printer Troubleshooter | could not start the print spooler
- You have to type “troubleshooting” in the Windows Search bar and then tap on Troubleshooting.
- Then, from the left window pane just choose View all.
- Then from the Troubleshoot computer problems list, then choose Printer.
- You have to follow on-screen instructions and then let the Printer Troubleshooter run.
- Then restart your PC and you may be able to Fix Windows could not start the Print Spooler service on your local computer as well.
Run CCleaner and Malwarebytes
- First of all, download and install CCleaner & Malwarebytes.
- Run Malwarebytes and then let it scan your system for harmful files.
- If malware is found, and then it will automatically remove them.
- Now run CCleaner and in the “Cleaner” section, then under the Windows tab, we also suggest checking the following selections to be cleaned as well:
- When you’ve made certain the proper points are checked, then simply click Run Cleaner, and let CCleaner run its course as well.
- In order to clean your system further choose the Registry tab and make sure you check the following:
- Choose Scan for Issue and then permit CCleaner to scan, and then click Fix Selected Issues.
- Whenever CCleaner asks “Do you want backup changes to the registry?” then choose Yes.
- When your backup has been completed, then just select Fix All Selected Issues.
- Now just restart your PC to save changes. This would Fix Windows could not start the Print Spooler service on local computer error. However, if it didn’t, and then run Adwcleaner and HitmanPro.
Run System File Checker (SFC) and Check Disk (CHKDSK)
- Tap on Windows Key + X and then tap on Command Prompt(Admin).
- Now then type the following in the cmd and hit enter:
Sfc /scannow sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows
- Now, wait for the above process in order to finish and once done restart your PC.
- Next, just run CHKDSK from here Fix File System Errors with Check Disk Utility(CHKDSK).
- Let the above process complete and then again reboot your PC in order to save changes.
Delete all the files in the PRINTERS folder | could not start the print spooler
- Tap on Windows Key + R and then type services.msc and hit Enter.
- Just find the Print Spooler service and then right-tap on it and choose Stop.
- Now in the File Explorer navigate to the following folder as well:
Note: It will ask to continue then click on it.
- Delete all the files in the PRINTERS folder (Not the folder itself) and then close each and everything.
- Now again just head to services.msc window and start Print Spooler service.
- Reboot your PC and then see if you are able to Fix Windows that could not start the Print Spooler service on the local computer as well.
Start Print Spooler Services
- Tap on Windows Key + R and then type services.msc and click on Enter.
- Then find the Print Spooler service in the list and then double-tap on it.
- Then make sure the Startup type is all set to Automatic and the service is running. And then click on Stop and then again tap on start in order to restart the service.
- Tap on Apply followed via OK.
- Then after that, again try to add the printer and see if you’re able to Fix Windows that could not start the Print Spooler service on the local computer.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!